“Best time of our lives!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Weymouth Bay Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weymouth
Weymouth Bay Holiday Park
You added Weymouth Bay Holiday Park to your Saves list
Preston, Weymouth DT3 6BQ, England   |
Hotel deals
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Best time of our lives!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed four nights with our 2 children and dog. From start to finish it was fantastic, the caravan was immaculate and in good walking distance to bowleaze cove and the clubhouse. the swimming pool was the warmest ive ever been in and the lazy river was brilliant. the entertainment staff done an amazing job and worked really hard both kids loved it. Kart hire was hillarious, bus every ten minutes just outside the park to weymouth, although its also worth taking the coastal walk from bowleaze. we had ducks outside our caravan in the mornings which was a definite highlight for my son and we were lucky enough to witness a kestrel hovering over its prey before diving down on our walk towards a beautiful field to bowleaze cove. cannot reccomend this place enough. already planning a trip for next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hi there Daysyd,

What a fantastic review you have given us , you have definately had a great holiday with us, thatnk you so much for your kind comments with regards to your holiday home being immaculate and spacious, our accomodaiton team strive to ensure when entering your holiday home that everything is just right for you to make sure you have a great start to your holiday, and I will most definately pass your comments on to our Accommodaiton Manager.

I was pleased we were able to get you as close together as possible, as a mum I know how lovely it is to come on holiday with family and friends and when I allocate our geusts caravans I really will do my very best to get you as close as possible.

Our lazy river is a frim favourite with all generations and is definately great fun, to have a lovely review saying our park is immaculate and can't be faulted makes us a very proud team, we are all here for our guests and when we have reviews like yours we certainly know we are doing the right thing.

I would like to apologise for the poor standard in food service and quality that you experienced during your holiday. I can assure you that such an oversight is by no means the norm in our Restaurant/Cafe Bar and I have passed all your comments onto the Complex and Restuarant Manager who are working together with their dedicated team to ensure that such an error does not re-occur in the future. I am sure that returning to Weymouth Bay of which I hope you will, you will find our food to be to our normal highests standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future and if you would like to book or have anything I can assist you with please give me a call direct on 01305 832271.

Regards

Tracey

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Solihull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife, myself, our daughter and 2-year-old grandson had a 3-day break at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park from 26th to 28th April 2014. Booking in was pretty seamless and pleasant although I did feel that the receptionist was trying to push the entertainment passes, which we had not requested. I was amazed to find that, apart from the shop and launderette, we had no access to any other facility without such passes. (Not to worry though as there is an excellent pub within walking distance. The Spiceship had good family facilities and large play area with climbing frames and swings. There is another pub at Upwey, the Royal Standard, that also caters well for families.) The caravan we were provided with was of a good size and the double bed has to be the most comfortable caravan bed I have ever slept in. The living area had not been cleaned to a very good standard so my wife set about putting that right. The pop-up toaster was very temperamental, often failing to 'pop-down'. The fire extinguisher was missing from its holder and the fridge appeared unhygienic. Although we had 2 toilets, one of which was ensuite, neither had the facility of a toilet brush. The hot water system was a joke, taking 15 to 20 minutes for the water to get hot enough for a wet shave or a shower. The site is only a ten-minute level walk from the sea but, in my opinion, is probably too big to provide the personal service most holiday-makers seek. Would I stay there again? I doubt it. Love Weymouth, however.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Weymouth B, Guest Relations Manager at Weymouth Bay Holiday Park, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hi there Applecross25

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, I was sorry to read that you had arrived to find your caravan not cleaned to our highest standards you would normally expect from us, I do wish you had popped into see me as I would have had everything rectified for you immediatey, we could of replaced the toaster and had our mainteance team adjust the water temperature for you. All of these could have been done for you straight away and we don't ask for you to wait in, we visit when you are out so you can go off and enjoy your day not to deter you from the enjoyment of your holiday.

When booking direct with Haven your facilities passes are included in your holiday, when booking through our great promotional holidays these are an added option, and guests have the choice of whether to purchase them and use the faciltiies.
I am sorry if you felt our team had pressurised you into buying them, please be assured we would never want to make anyone feel that way, but we do make our guests aware that without passes they are unable to use any of the facilities and let them know if they do change their mind we are here.

I am sorry you feel we didnt give you the personal service you expected, to date our feedback and reviews have been fantastic about both the park and the team, and we have had amazing comments about our team wanting to help our guests. It is with regret that you didnt make us aware of the issues you had experienced because we are always here to help in everyway possible, we do re-iterate to all our guests when they check in that if you need us at all just give us a call or pop into reception.

I do hope you return to Weymouth Bay so I can take a personal interest in your booking and show you we are a great park and we can get it right for you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review

Wirral, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We have just got back from put stay here we stayed here for a week were we took my neice and nephew 13 & 10. We were really pleased with our stay here the caravan was lovely we stayed in a prestige grade caravan it was far better than we had actually expected it was clean and smelt fresh we had two balconies with seating. We were in Cheltenham area which was lovely and quiet. The only two problems we had with accommodation was ants on out first day but when we rung up reception they sent someone straight down within 10 minutes who sprayed the caravan the second was our oven wouldn't light but again someone was sent straight away so neither problem really affected us.
The staff were lovely very friendly and helpful the bar staff in the cafe bar especially. They made us feel so welcome so much so that we ate in there every night and even stayed all night rather than the love lounge. The activities were fantastic my neice aNd nephew did water walkers a couple of times and archery and were made up with there experience. The activity team and lifeguards were enthusiastic and engouraging. The man in the arcade Also stood out for us as he would always come up to us for a chat and a bit of banter. As for the security they were also great we never once worried about the safety of the kids which let us kick back and relax and enjoy our holiday. Overall this park is fantastic really can't fault it and will be coming back here again.

• Stayed April 2014
Hi Caracourt22!

Reading your review really made me want to book my holiday, it reminded me of when I was little and stayed on one of our parks. How wonderful to read we eceeded your expecations and you really loved your caravan, Cheltenham is a beautiful area of the park and is always a favourite request from our geusts when booking with us. I am pleased we were able to rectfiy the issue with the oven straight away for you, and the ants, we can quickly resolve this by a little powder, I am glad this did not bother you.

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our team being lovely and very friendly, you may have seen in my previous responses to our guests, we are having great comments about our team and it really does make the team feel loved and proud knowing that we are loving you and giving you a great holiday.

We do have a very special team here at Weymouth Bay, who are genuinely very passionate about our guests and our park and we really do treat everyone as family.

Walter Walkerzs are great aren't they I can imagine your niece and nephew having a great time, our Sports instructors are amazing with the kids and its always great to do something new.

"Overall this park is fantastic really can't fault it and will be coming back again" is just a fantastic review, and I would again like to say a Big thank you from all of us here at Weymouth Bay, and don't stay away too long!!

Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I had originally booked Haven Seaview, a park I've been to before, but sadly the whole park had been booked so I was allocated a caravan at Weymouth Bay instead, I've always thought Weymouth Bay was the bigger better Park, it maybe bigger caravan wise but facility wise I prefer Seaview. I stayed in Sandown 29 on 25-27th April, the Caravan appears to be a private hiring used by Haven, it had 3 bedrooms and was obviously very well equipped, check in was quick and I got it before 4pm, we were told that because we were on the far side of the park that going back out the park, turning right, and then right again into Church Road (can't remember the actual road name), it would lead me right to the caravan, sadly the entrance does not have a sign, so it is very easy to miss, it turns into a very bad track, only good for tractors and off roaders, it has very few places to turn around, annoyingly the provided map is poor and you can see caravans as you go down the track, these are the back of Waterside. I wasn't the only one to go down this track, so disregard the "quick" way if you're staying in a Sandown caravan.

The main facility is compact and modern, the amusement's, restaurant & live lounge are typical holiday park; ok, the staff are all friendly and everything is clean, the spar shop is very well stocked but prices are a tad high and staff can be indifferent; on Saturday they were polite and happy, and today (Sunday), miserable and quiet, the biggest complaint I have is the lack of a decent Take Away, if you like Pizza's it's not a problem, but if you don't and you don't like spending a lot on food it's not too clever, there is a good chippy just off camp, but because everything's cooked to order you will have to wait, it is well worth the wait though, as the food is delicious and cheaper than a holiday park pizza.

The only real plus this has over seaview is a flatter area with more spaced out (not crammed in) Caravan's, and better parking for booking in and out.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi there !

Firstly I would like to to take the opportunity to thank you for taking time to write a review on our park, we always welcome guests to do as it we really value our guests feedback and response to their stay as it is paramount to our ongoing success and improvements.

I can see that you had originally booked for Seaview and are a regular guest with us at Seaview, however due to the park being full your booking was moved to Weymouth Bay, we have many guests stay with us that have stayed on both and everyone has there favourite and each one has a special place in the heart. Please accept my sincere apologies that the directions given to you to your caravan were not correct, of course I can fully appreciate how inconveient this was and please be assured I have spoken personally to all the team to esnure this does not happen again.

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to our team being friendly and we really do pirde ourselves on this, having a bright and breezy team has a huge impact on our guests staying with us, I know myself when I'm on holiday if you have a great team you know you can go to them for anything, and we love the fact that our guests do do that and we are always here to help in anyway possible.

I hope you will continue to holdiay with Haven, I am sorry you were a little disappointed but it was lovely that you still found us to be a four star holdiay park. When you would like to come back to our sister park please just give me a call so we can make your booking for you.

From all of us here at Weymouth Bay, thank you once again

For Weymouth Bay Holiday Park
01305 832271
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We booked a four night break during Easter week. The park is in an excellent location; a few minutes drive from Weymouth, but just a little walk gets you to a lovely beach. The staff worked tirelessly and happily to meet the customers needs- from the reception team, the bar staff , the life guards and the entertainment team. We travelled as a family with two boys ( aged 11/8) and there was plenty for them to do. The site was well maintained and clean as were the caravans. A lovely part of the world that I would definitely visit again.

HI there!

What a very kind and wonderful review for our park and our team, thank you so much for writing a review it really does mean a great deal to all of us when we read that our guests feel we work hard and are happily ready to meet their needs. All of our team are so passionate about giving our guests the best holiday expereince they can have, many of us have grown up with Haven ourselves, so we too have the experience of being a guest, and can personally relate to everyone.

There is nothing more important than specail than a family holiday and spending quality time together in a great enviroment, and doing soemthing different that breaks away from the normal day to day.

We pride oursleves on our refreshingly bright and breezy team and I hope that you do come back to our park and saty with us again so we can give you and your family another great holiday experience.

Just give us a call on 01305 833271 if we can assist you personally with your next holiday reservation.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a great experience at Weymouth Bay! Check in was very quick and we also received a free upgrade! Caravan was really nice however windows were not clean and there was old pieces of food behind the bin, however the toilets and the bedrooms were clean. Had a little issue with the hot water however managed to fix it quickly. The park is very pretty and the staff were all very happy to help. The evening entertainment was good and there was lots to do in the arcade! We only ate in the restaurant once for breakfast but it was very nice! The pool was a nice temperature and there was always something going on all over the site for all ages! Overall we had a really great stay with just the caravans cleanliness letting it down slightly!

Hi James

Nothing excites me more to read our reviews when guests say they had a "Great Experience" with us, that's waht we want, we really want our guests to have a great holiday, creating great memories for years to come, and we definately did this for you, which makes us very happy.

I am so very sorry that your caravan windows were not cleana nd you find a few bits in the bin, you should expect to arrive to find your accomodaiton cleaned to our highests standards, I do hope you made us aware and we rectfied this for you, as we did when you had a little issue with the hot water.

All of team are here for our guests, and we genuinally do dare to care and ensure we are always happy to help, and I am really pleased that you though so as well, it really shows we are doing the right thing.

I think for us we really do cater for all generations, and with a great safe environment there's no better place to be.

Once again from all of us here at Weymouth Bay, thank you for your great review, and I do hope you will come and saty with us again so and I would love to take a personal interested in your reservation.

england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

First visit of the year to weymouth bay for the easter weekend and again using the services of jt caravans,thanks john and tricia! Keys and caravan ready for when we arrived and although a small problem with the bolier when we arrived,one phone call and soon sorted.kids loved the break and the on site facilities,clean and tidy.back again in 5 weeks,again booking with jt,quick and easy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Weymouth Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!