“Fantastic.! Highly recommend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 157 Weymouth B&B and Inns
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic.! Highly recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Lovely place to stay, we will defiantly be going back. One thing I always look for is the bathroom which I can safely say was spot on. The room was quite small as it was only a twin but still met all our requirements. The owners were so polite and couldn't do enough for us, for £30 a night you can't go wrong. Will defiantly be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Frome, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

You may have tried the rest, now try the best. MARTIN and ALISON ARE THE PERFECT HOSTS, nothing is too much trouble. When Martin dons the pinny, you can be sure of a first class breakfast, with Alison serving you have the oerfect combination. THE ROOM WE OCCUPIED HAD EVERYTHING WE NEEDED COMFORT,VIEWS,EN-SUITE AND THE ROOM WAS SPOTLESS. WE WILL GO BACK VERY SOON I`m SURE.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Warm welcome was recieved. The hosts were lovely and friendly. Room was big and comfortable and we slept well. Great seaview. Bathroom was well equipped for all our needs. Ideal location, not far from the shops & pubs and beach right on the doorstep. Breakfast was perfect. Would definitely go back and highly recommend to anyone who wants an enjoyable, relaxing stay in Weymouth. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I stayed again in Weymouth at Channel View with work in February of this year (2011). Once again the patrons Alison & Martin were incredibly helpful, the room was spotless and the breakfast amazing!

I had the most fantastic bedroom ever which overlooked the sea and had a little table with binoculars in case I wanted to sit watching the boats and life going by! This room even had a fridge that I could bring my own alcohol and cool, but which sadly I did not use as I was on work business!

I LOVE working in Dorchester, as it is worth the 8 mile drive to my venue in the morning to be able to stay at this FANTASTIC B&B!!!

Thansk so much for making my stay SO pleasurable!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
East Anglia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

Just stayed in the Channel View for one night in the family room with a sea view. It's in a great location and only took 5-10 minutes to walk to town on the prom which is less than I thought it would. We would usually stay at the Harbour end of the bay, but I'm glad we tried out the other end. We were greeted by the owners who were absolutely lovely and very helpful. The view from our room was fantastic, and the room size was good for myself, my husband and our baby in a travel cot, although with three adults I can imagine it might be a bit cozy as the shower room wasn't massive. As we needed a fridge in the room for baby bottles, it was great to have this, although it was quite loud so we had to turn it off at night anyway. The furniture could do with an update to something slightly better quality than the pine that was there. And as I don't eat a full english, it would have been nice to have the option of a continental breakfast (croissants etc) in addition to the cereals and toast on offer. But these are minor things and all in all, would definitely stay again. Great location, lovely hosts, good value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Slough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

This is truly a lovely guest house. There was a warm welcome as we arrived and the room was very clean and comfortable. The guest house is right on the seafront, when we opened the window in the room we could relax and listen to the waves. The breakfast was really delicious and very generous portions. If we visit Weymouth again we will definiately book a room at the Channel View again. We went out for dinner at a little restaurant called Enzo's (Italian) just down the road on the seafront and would recommend that too.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

when we arrived we were welcomed by martin who showed us to our room,we were told where we could park free ,nice clean and tidy room with en-suite,welcomed for breakfast by alison plenty to choose from and very nice,also directed to a very nice fish and chip shop for dinner

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Channel View Guest House? Share your experiences!