“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnard Castle
Framlingham, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Slightly eccentric entrance decor but service from all the staff we met was great. A very helpful and friendly team. Room was as expected, clean and functional. Double bed was two singles joined together. Shower didn't seem to work but bath OK. Food was far better than we expected and the service in the restaurant was very good. Breakfast was equally good. Thanks

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Spent new year here with my fiance and the family, hotel itself was amazing with georgous food and very helpfull staff. Log cabins were lovely and cozy and ideal for pet owners as we took our 2 dogs. We had a four poster suite which was decorated lovely but the jacuzzi we had was very dirty and didnt work, when staff came to fix it, dirty water with bits in it came out of the taps so we decided not to use it! Other than that, the shower and toilet was very clean and hotel itself was lovely.

Stayed December 2012
Londonderry, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I spent a delightful over night stay at Jersey Farm, Barnard Castle. The decor is very contemporary and different. The staff are really welcoming and are very friendly and polite. We had a relaxing drink in the cosy bar before going to the restaurant to eat. My wife and I both had the carvery which had 4 meats and was "first class". We finished off our meal with a shared dessert of treacle tart and lemon and coconut cake with fresh cream and ice cream. The choice of desserts is fantastic. We then turned in for the night to our room which was across from the main hotel building joined by a covered walkway. The room was a good size and very clean. We had been left a couple of biscuits in the shape of farm animals, a nice touch. All in all this was an excellent hotel with very good staff, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had room 18 which was at the end of the line of rooms. It overlooked the countryside and you cou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed as guests at our cousins wedding.

Chose a premium room at £126 including breakfast which gave jacuzzi bath, four poster bed and lots of room with well appointed technology too.

Checking in was different to the norm where payment was expected up front yet they didn't then take a CC to secure incidental expenses so I wound up paying by CC when u wanted to pay with debit card - it was quickly refunded after I clarified my preference.

The venue is beautiful and for those visiting stunning Barnard castle are well placed with a couple only mins in the car to be in the centre.

Our room was fab and added to the experience whilst attending a wedding reception. The standard rooms was also remarked upon as being nicely decorated and appointed by other wedding guests

Would certainly stay again if in the area

• Stayed August 2013
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Thank you so much to everyone a Jersey Farm!
I got married here on the 3rd August 2013, and my husband and I had the most amazing day ever!!!

Ruth was just fantastic and the day ran like clockwork! There was no need to worry Ruth was in complete control of everything and everyone had a fantastic day!

Every time we have been, we have always had the warmest of welcomes, the rooms have been fantastic and the friendliest staff I have come across in hotels, and after visiting the hotel on numerous occasions it was good to see that there were the same dedicated staff members working.

We only found Jersey Farm after being invited to a friends birthday party and from the moment we walked into the beautiful barn, we knew we were going to get married here!!
We even traveled 250 miles to be able to get married here and it was well worth it!

We cant wait to come back and visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I only have positive comments to make about this establishment, which I booked through Laterooms.

The hotel is just off the main road and up a small drive to the main entrance and car park, very easy to find on a sat nav & is clearly signposted from the road. Parking is a pleasure, their car park has ample places! Useful if you have a van or other long vehicle.

The staff are very welcoming, the rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained. Bathrooms are exceptional in terms of both cleanliness and layout. Food is of good quality and quantity. There is free internet, and TV in the rooms. I get the impression that they put the customer first, and even made arrangements to get me a small snack when I arrived late one night, and their kitchen had closed, so I was very very grateful of this.

The most unique feature about this hotel is the decor, in the rooms and lobby which is stunning! it adds certain character to the hotel which I do not often observe in other establishments of similar price.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to spend time in Barnard Castle area. It sets an example of how other hotels should be run, and its a shame I cannot say the same for all hotels I visit.

I will be sure to visit in the future.

Room Tip: Front desk is not always manned, so if arriving later its best to call to arrange somone to be waiti...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

stayed here during the week for a family wedding.

setting was exceptional, helped by a gorgeous sunny day. rooms were very clean and tidy and had everything you needed. food was gorgeous but the breakfast could have been better. did not ruin my stay though. would definitely recommend to others and will definitely revisit.

Room Tip: choose a ground floor room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Jersey Farm? Share your experiences!