“Pleasantly Surprised - Wish I had eaten here before!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
East Riding of Yorkshire
“Pleasantly Surprised - Wish I had eaten here before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our son recommended we go here for a meal and I loved it. Nice atmosphere, warm on a snowy evening, fast service and best of all well presented and delicious food. I don't know why I had overlooked this restaurant, probably because it is tucked in a corner near to Beverley's historic Bar. I shall definitely revisit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
“...'the best local authentic Italian'...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been eating and drinking at Panizzi since the day it opened and it just gets better ! Stuart and his team always do a wonderful job to make your stay in Panizzi better than last time.

If your looking for just a coffee or a quick drink or a long night with friends go no further... They cater for all occasions.

Well worth a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hull
“Worth a visit but poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have passed this restaurant on many occassions and over the Christmas period I thought I would pop in. I had not booked but thankfully there was a spare table. My order was taken quickly and the food arrived a short while later. The quality of the food was excellent and the atmosphere was nice. I got the impression that most of the staff are young and inexperienced. I was waiting to order a dessert, and I waited, and waited, and waited! Eventually I had had enough, especially as the waitress had passed me on several occassions and could clearly see that I had finished my meal. So I paid and left. The only saving grace was that I was undercharged for my meal, which compensated for the poor service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hull
“Take a holiday from your business once a year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place has been a hit for a few years but unfortunately the owners have not been away enough to see what we see. If you loose 5% everynow and then you lose the massive % you once had. So here is my moan, a mild moan but still if they walked in as if it was someones restaurant this is what they would see.

We ate upstairs:
No menu staff had to go and collect and during a busy mid week lunch thats a bit more than if it had been on the table
It was cold, it is always cold, real issue with me now.
No specials on the board

Food was fine, a slight variety on the chuckney would also make a change.

Enough I love private business with good food BUT don't loose your concentration.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Beverley, England, United Kingdom
“Nice little restraunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Well presented tasty food, would recommend. Only complaint would be that we was seated in the front room upstairs, good place for large bookings to be together but lacks atmosphere when dining around empty tables.

• Visited October 2012