“Kings Head Hotel - friendly stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Head Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beverley
Kings Head Hotel
You added Kings Head Hotel to your Saves list
38 Saturday Market Place, Beverley HU17 9AH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Beverley
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Kings Head Hotel - friendly stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed here twice now with my partner, and always feel welcomed by the pleasant friendly staff. The rooms are small but very comfortable and romantic for a little get away. If you have an allergy to feather and down, please make sure you mention this and they will change your bedding for you, as I suffered from a bad allergy to it each time I have stayed at the hotel, as I didn't relise I had an allergy until I looked my symptoms up! Apart from this, we had a wonderful stay, the rooms are decorated tastefully, there is a nice size flat screen tv in the rooms, along with clean modern en-suit facilities. Each time I have eaten here, the food is middle of the road, but very well presented, and friendly staff. My suggestion to make the stay here excellent they need to improve the quality of the food to more home cooked from scratch i.e home made chips etc rather than fried bought in chips etc. The manager should be proud of the staff running the show, just food could be a notch better quality, as Beverly town is full of restaurants/pubs with good quality home cooked food. 7/10.

Room Tip: ask for hypo allergenic bedding before you book, as this made me have sleepless nights each time I s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, the first night being a Friday. I was expecting there to be some noise as it is a pub after all?! However, you could feel the base right through the pillows and unfortunately for us, we must have been in the smallest room in the building!? It was a really really horrible experience and whilst sitting in our box above a beer garden, we started to try and find alternative accommodation. Sadly there was nowhere else to go that night. We went downstairs and asked if there was another room they could offer us but they were fully booked. The staff was sympathetic and told us that the music should be off by half eleven, midnight max! Well actually, it was 1am.

The room was poky, shabby, hot, and noisy...oh and the lock fell off in my hand in the bathroom so being locked in there was also a real low light!?

The staff were friendly enough and the breakfast was good.

A real pity.

Room Tip: Room 7 was tiny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We've just returned from a night at the Kings Head Hotel after the racing at Beverley, it was a really nice stay. The room was lovely, clean and well maintained. The staff were fab really nice and couldn't do enough for you from start to finish, thanks to Matt for looking after our bag. The food is good we had some mixed sharers which were lovely, but the breakfast was amazing!! cooked to perfection. All in all a really good stay. However, if your a light sleeper like me take some earplugs for the delivery lorries in a morning (not the hotel's fault), if your not like my partner you'll be fine he slept through them all.

Nottingham, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Major mistake on my part booking this hotel on a Saturday evening.
Finding the place is very difficult to do as there is a Saturday market on which closes the main square.
When we finally found the road to the hotel car park we found there was no parking available, we had to park our car in a public car park some 100 meters away.
We then went to the check in desk and waited a few minutes before a member of staff asked if we were being attended to. We said no and she then talked to a guy who I think was the duty manager. I heard her ask him "would you check these two customers in." More to the point was his reply which I distinctly heard which was "well I don't want to but I suppose I better had" which did not go down to well with me.
After checking in he showed us to our oven or should I say room. As the weather was hot this room or should I call it ....box was like a sauna. We opened the two windows but it was unbearable so I asked him for a fan. He said he would have a look and would knock if he found one. Unbeknown to him though I followed him downstairs and saw him go straight back on the bar and did not even bother looking for a fan for us. Needless to say we never did get the fan. We ended up having to have our door open to try and get some air around the room.
The room was very small but did have coffee/tea, tv, good shower and was clean.
The main problem comes later in the evening. As it is so warm you have to have the window open...... the beer garden (full with people enjoying themselves) is just over a small wall so all you can hear is the whoops, laughs and joviality of all these people and this goes on till the pub closes at 1am in the morning.
The problem then gets worse as this is probably the most popular pub in Beverley so you will be laid in bed hearing the thud, thud, thud of the music being blasted out in the pub, once again till they close at 1am.
We were told when booking in that the pub was open but we did not expect to have such a bad night, we were both shattered after a boiling hot night, noise from the beer garden and thud, thud, thud.
The breakfast was fine in the morning. I then went to get my car but guess what, still nowhere to park at the hotel.
By the way, the wifi did not work whilst we were there.
We would never, ever stay at this hotel again. I hope that you do not have to go through this if you book on a Saturday evening.

Room Tip: Speaking to other guests rooms 3 & 4 are the quietest rooms. We were in room 7
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here recently for a wedding in Beverley and what a great decision that was! From calling to arrange parking to checking out, the entire staff at the Kings Head couldn't do enough for us. In particular, Matt, Christian, Tamsin, Lillie, Emma and Charlotte were extremely friendly, professional and helpful. The food was great, the service excellent and they were all very honest about the noise in the market square in the evenings. Best tip on that is to ensure you get to bed after 1130pm when the weekend noise ends. As we were at a wedding reception until late with our children, this was perfect. All in all, a great experience and to be recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the front (market square) will be quieter, but you'll miss the views and hustle...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Crewe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Arrived at Kings Head on Saturday afternoon, after a drive round Beverley quite difficult to find first time round, the bar area was busy yet as soon as we stood at reception a young lady was there checking us in and advising us how to get car to car park behind hotel. We checked in and given a tour of areas around the bar, outside and dining areas, shown to our room rules about entry to hotel after hours explained and shown how to operate door locks (not always done and some security locks can be difficult) so this a plus for this hotel, room comfortable, good shower, bathroom clean (a few bits of grout showing signs of decay and around the edgings of bath and flooring were in need of a deep clean) but that said the bed was made for my head and when I finally hit the sack I slept the sleep of an innocent man. Breakfast very good nice choice and plenty of it, full English hot and tasty. What sells this hotel is the staff, friendly and welcoming. If you have never been to Beverley then get it on the bucket list, and I would recommend this hotel it is a very lively place on a Friday & Saturday so if you want peace and quiet go on Sunday, Monday etc. we will be back

Room Tip: We stayed in number 3, which was comfortable but be aware that Saturday night in Beverley is party n...
south shields
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the Kings Head for the second time for a race trip to Beverley - not disappointed! Great service, staff are so lovely, breakfast very tasty, room (no.1) was spacious and clean, however, grouting in shower/bath a bit grubby. Also, this room faces the market square and as the weather was so hot we slept with the windows open and it was quite noisy - but this is no fault of the hotel. On arriving home I'd found I'd left my phone charger, I rang them and a very kind man said he'd post it on to me - great service! I'd definately recommend the Kings Head - £79.95 for a double room inc breakfast .

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Kings Head Hotel? Share your experiences!