“Unprofessional and uncaring for our wedding!!!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Street | Tickton, Tickton HU17 9SH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tickton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
“Unprofessional and uncaring for our wedding!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

An utter disappointment and upsetting experience!!!

We recently got married here on 25th April 2013, and we booked a bridal suite the night before the wedding for the bridesmaid and I. We have it in writing what we booked, however when we arrived at the hotel we were put into a twin suit, obviously i questioned this and told them i had booked a bridal suit. The duty manager stated they have no bridal suite left and that we asked for a twin suite!! This was very frustrating and upsetting the night before my wedding!! There was no other wedding but ours booked.

I cannot express how utterly devastating and upsetting this whole experience was. The staff had no care or customer service regarding the huge mistake that they made. I was then swapped for a larger twin room as I complained the room I was given was too small for me to get ready and into my dress in the morning. So needless to say the night before my wedding I was completely stressed about having enough room to get ready in the morning, and upset that they shoved me in a little room at the back when i was the bride!

We had one of our guests booked in a room which we paid for, and they recieved a glorious double room which tuned out to be a bridal suite!! How can this happen! We were furious and left feeling like they couldn't care about our wedding or what they had done to me.

On the morning of the wedding after having an awful night stay, my hairdresser arrived and half way through her doing my hair we had a call to say someone else had checked out of another bridal suite and that we could use it to get ready in!! We desperately needed the room to all get ready in and put my dress on. We had lots of people helping with hair and make up and my bridesmaids were present so the twin we were in was too crowded and small.

So overall we moved rooms 3 times before my wedding! An absolute joke! I cannot understand how Tickton grange can think its acceptable to have a bride in their hotel but not in their bridal suite! The whole situation was dealt with unprofessionally with no real apology.

There were other things which were highlighted of the hotels lack of care that occurred on our wedding day, our photographer even commented on how unprofessional they were and that they didn't seem to care it was our wedding day!

My whole wedding experience was ruined by Tickton grange, however the wedding ceremony was delivered beautifully by the East Riding registrar.

This was not an unfortunate mistake, this hotel holds hundreds of weddings every year, they should know the bride has the bridal suite! Please use another venue for your special day, mistakes like this should not happen when you are paying for a wedding!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bourne, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended a wedding at Tickton Grange and stayed in accommodation for two nights. The staff, rooms and venue in general were welcoming and set to a high standard. Nothing was too much trouble and I couldn't recommend them enough. I can't imagine why anyone would leave a bad review!

Brough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Tickton Grange was the venue of our recent wedding. The staff were unbelievably helpful nothing was too much trouble. Our wedding day was made so special by all the effort the staff put into everything. The service was superb from our first visit, through all our guests booking rooms to the wedding day itself. Several of our guests had specific requests for rooms (disabled access etc and these requests were no problem). The rooms could not be faulted, even homemade flapjack on your tea tray (best flapjack I have ever tasted), breakfast was excellent.
The food was exceptional both in the restaurant and for the wedding breakfast.
Would recommend this venue to anyone who appreciates excellent service, excellent locally sourced food and excellent accomodation

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the 3rd wedding we have attended at Tickton Grange and although the place itself is pleasant enough I cannot understand why people book their wedding receptions here. The prices are utterly ridiculous and I cannot believe how much receptions here cost! The bar prices are truly unbelievable (£6 - Vodka and Tonic, £4.50 Becks Vier). Not only is it expensive but the prices change depending who you are served by. I would advise anyone looking to book a wedding here to do some serious research beforehand as Im sure there must be better venues around Yorkshire.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently stayed for one night to attend a wedding at the hotel the next day and after looking at the website we expected a real treat. Unfortunately however, the hotel did not live up to both our and other guests expectations.
The competence, standard of service and attitude of staff was very poor. This was commented on my many others attending the wedding. The dreary bar has no atmosphere, not enough seating and is very expensive. In the evening it seems to be used as a holding area for diners. My partner and I were not dining that evening and just wanted a quiet drink, but this did not seem to go down well and we were asked twice by the same person if we were eating and felt distinctly unwelcome.
The bride, our soon to be daughter in law and her principal bridesmaid also stayed the night and their room arrangements can only be described as a farce, moved between THREE rooms in less than 24 hours ! possibly a world record ?
I could go on but suffice to say wild horses would not drag me back to this overblown, pretentious but very dull and dreary hotel.

Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I Took my daughters for afternoon tea in march .i opted for the luxury one which included a glass of champagne.
The Tickton grange is a lovely property and very relaxing .
I have taken Afternoon Tea in Various other hotels including a few in Dublin which were Excellent ,however i was slightly dissapointed at Tickon Grange.
Firsty i booked for 4 people ,They got the booking wrong and had only set for 3 people ,which was i must say soon rectified .
The young man waiter was excellent .
It was the food i found dissapointing ,finger sandwiches didnt feel the freshest and the selection of sweets wasnt what i would have expected at afternoon tea i expected mini tartlets and tempting sweets ,but large slices of fruitcake with a huge chunk of cheese on and lemon drizzle cakes were on offer with slices of flap jack ,it didnt look particulaly interesting ,in fact there was a wedding on at the time,and we joked that it was left over wedding cake .
Champagne was lovely only it was served in a sort of wine glass instead of the tall slim traditional champagne glass.
We had a lovely afternoon and i will return ,but hope that they will address the few issues ,as Afternoon Tea should be excellent for the price charged .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Oh what a fantastic winter treat! my partner and i and 4 other family members received the afternoon tea as a Christmas present, and how nice it was. We came out of the cold winters day to a warm welcome in the the hotel, where we seated on comfortable sofas and chairs around the huge fire in the bar area, once we where all sat cosy the waiter took our orders for tea or coffee then brought out a feast before our eyes. The assortment of sandwiches where very tasty and included home cooked ham and locally sourced smoked salmon from Staals, oh and home made cheese straws. this was followed by fruit loaf with wendsleydale cheese, lemon drizzle cake, chocolate brownies, flapjack,home made shortcake biscuits and of course scones with clotted cream and locally produced award winning jam. the service was second to none, the staff made sure we had enough of everything including endless pots of tea and freshly made coffee. i would definitely recommend this afternoon treat. It would make a perfect mothers day gift or birthday present.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!