“Good things and not so good things.” 3 of 5 stars

Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Street | Tickton, Tickton HU17 9SH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Tickton
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Good things and not so good things.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel because we were attending a wedding there. The room was a decent size and extremely clean.

The ensuite contained a bath, shower and toilet and plenty of towels were provided. When I took a shower in the afternoon, in preparation to go the the wedding, the water was tepid, although the water from the basin tap was hot. The toilet rolls were placed on the wall opposite the toilet and I not easy to reach from the toilet. The pull light switch drove me mad! It had a metal object attached to the end and every time you pull it it back loudly against the wall tiles - I ended up removing it and leaving a note explaining why.

The chairs in the bedroom, of which there were 3, were tiny. I am only 5 ft but did not feel comfortable in any of them. The "reading lights" above the bed were too high up and you had to get out of bed to turn them off. The wardrobe had plenty of coat hangers, but when you closed the door they banged loudly.

The refereshments in the bedroom consisted of teas, coffee and chocolate sachets plus milk and sugar. Also provided was one bottle of water - this was booked as a double room, so why only one?

For a three star hotel and the prices of the room there was a definite lack of facilities and although staff were pleasant there was no real customer care.

On our first night there we went out to a member of my family's house for a meal. We returned at 9.30 to find no one at Reception and our key (with the room number on it) left on Reception. Anyone could have walked in, picked up the key and raided our room! No one told us where the dining room was or where guest lounge was.

The guest car parking area was unlit and not signposted.

The food we had at the hotel, which included breakfast and the wedding breakfast, was excellent and I could find no fault there.

This hotel is clean but overpriced and I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I got there at 2am due to plane hassles at Heathrow - no worries, they left me a key out. I didn't get up till 10am so I was too late for breakfast - no worries, I wasn't disturbed and when I was up they made me a bacon sandwich and didn't charge me for it. My credit card limit had been reached - no worries, they gave me their phone to use to sort it out. Looking back I was the customer from hell, you'd almost think I was some sort of mystery shopper which I wasn't, but they made my stay really easy, they were friendly and helpful, and I look forward to staying at this beautiful family-run hotel again some time when I have more time to enjoy it. I was there on business but it would certainly be suitable for a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The dedicated team at Tickton Grange strived to ensure that our special celebration for family and friends met all of our expectations and the day was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. The food was delicious, a menu to reflect the best of fresh local produce with a true Yorkshire theme. The service offered leading up to the event and on the day was excellent. Well done and thank you to you all.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Where do I start by reviewing Tickton Grange?.... First, my room which was in a converted cottage just next to the main building was amazing, the bed was big enough for a football team, the bathroom was modern and clean, and you had all the extras that you need such as a plasma TV, kettle, hot chocolate, fresh water, even homemade flapjacks!

Onto the main bit, the bar area where we sat before our meal was out of this world, a lovely big open fire, grand piano, miss-match furniture but all go well together, rows of books, soft music playing, the most articulate and friendly staff - amazing! The meal itself was out of this world, it was presented in a way that Heston Blumenthal would be proud of. What I love about Tickton Grange is that all the staff know exactly where the fish, meat, ingredients all came from - and all of them normally within a 20 mile radius! even the honey at breakfast was from the Bee's within the ground!

I know my picture will not do the dessert any justice!

The restaurant here is something very special, I felt like I was a million miles away from a City Center... a perfect weekend get away or a perfect night out for something special and that little bit different. Pure luxury from start to finish in the most gorgeous setting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

visited on a sunday afternoon with our extended family and was booked into the conservatary. there was 20 of us and the long table was very well dressed.

the food was very nice and the service was excellent. we were made to feel like nothing was to much trouble.

all the courses were served quickly and all were hot. the chicken dinner was espically nice.

i would recommend ticton grange to anybody looking for a venue for a family gathering.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The phrase "family run hotel" often has rather unpleasant connotations, at least it did for me. "Run for the benefit of the family" would often be a more apt description.
I can honestly say that my stay at this hotel was one of the most enjoyable for many a year. The staff are friendly and attentive, the public rooms are comfortable, and my room, even though awaiting refurbishment, was very nice, with a huge bathroom. Oh, and the local beers, mustn't forget them. And the food was fantastic, made with local ingredients.
I'll definitely stay here again, for business and leisure!
And no, I'm not a member of the family, just a very satisfied guest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
East Yorkshire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The quality and presentation of the food was excellent as was the service. However the car park is pebbles and totally unsuitable for good foot ware, pushchairs, wheelchairs and anyone with a walking difficulty. The main entrance is an obstacle coarse with double doors and only one normally opened plus a step. We had a wheelchair user with us in the main dining room and the only access to disability toilets was via steps or outside over the pebbles. Even the regular toilets didn't allow wheelchair manoeuvrability. If you are going to spend over £50 a head you would expect the venue to be able to afford reasonable access for the disabled. In this century the excuse of it being a listed building is no longer valid. If the National Trust etc can do it then so can the Tickton Grange especially at these prices. We will gladly return ( 6 regular diners) but only when access has been improved to include all members of Society.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beverley Tickton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!