“Fantastic Social atmosphere Pub.” 5 of 5 stars

White Horse Inn
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   51 Main Street, Driffield, England   |
Ranked #15 of 15 Driffield B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Social atmosphere Pub.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I often stay overnight close to various racecourses, I prefer Inn’s to large hotels or private B&B’s and would venture to say this Pub was the best overnight stay I have had for some time. I was attending an equine venue at Bishop Burton College and the pub is an easy straight drive from this and Beverly racecourse. This pub is like a ‘Tardis’ it looks really small but inside its huge. I would certainly use it again, the room was spacious, spotless & had everything I needed, the huge farmhouse breakfast (not for the faint hearted) was delicious and the welcome, both from staff and the pubs locals was exceptionally friendly. At the bar I met and chatted to some of the most interesting people I have met for a long time, a gamekeeper, a keen golfer, a couple who were musicians and kept putting my type of music on the jukebox (free incidentally) and most interesting of all a multi lingual ex-soldier who had travelled the world in the French Army. So much for “boring” local country folk. Fantastic company. I wish this excellent pub was near to my own home, it would be my local without a doubt. I rate this, my first visit as one of my better overnight pub stays, on value, social atmosphere in the bar, food and most of all, welcome. I highly recommended this Country Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We can highly recommend the White Horse Inn. We received a very warm welcome and all the staff were very friendly throughout our stay, as were the 'locals' in the bar. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The room was of excellent quality and the bed very comfy. The food in the restaurant was second to none both in quality and quantity. The only criticism we would have was that the music in the bar was a bit on the loud side but it wasn’t audible in the room or the restaurant. It was excellent value for money and we will certainly be staying there again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

at first entry to car park this looks a shambles , pub is scruffy and noisy , but restaurent is clean and quiet , excellent value food , friendly staff , good sized clean and well maintained rooms .
camp site is incomplete

Room Tip: all rooms quiet , away from pub noise
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to White Horse Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about White Horse Inn

Address: 51 Main Street, Driffield, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > East Riding of Yorkshire > Driffield
Bar / Lounge Free Parking Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 15 B&Bs / Inns in Driffield
Hotel Class:3 star — White Horse Inn 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your White Horse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
White Horse Inn Driffield, Yorkshire

If you own or manage White Horse Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.