“Just one small criticism.....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 14 Attractions in Driffield
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Take your cooking to a new level whilst enjoying the Yorkshire Wolds landscape. The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School, 6 miles from Driffield, aims to show you how to make superb food and have fun. Courses held in our modern state of the art facilities range from Dinner Party Entertaining to Monthly Curry Evenings, Fish Masterclasses to Bread Making courses. Childrens courses to Gentlemen Only! Why not complete your stay in our 4* guest accommodation ?
York
“Just one small criticism.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I've been to two courses at The Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School and enjoyed both days enormously.
The first was 'Seasonal Dinner Party Entertaining' and the second was 'Easy Entertaining - modern British'. On both courses I left with 3 courses for 4 people and invited guests that evening to share the meal, which they very much enjoyed.
The ingredients were excellent and locally sourced. Ali, our demonstrator was an excellent teacher and very approachable.
The facilities are superb and I really enjoyed using an induction hob! It's a real pleasure to cook for the whole day, with most ingredients ready prepared and weighed out for you. There are also assistants in the kitchen who do all the washing up for you! What a treat!
Ali demonstrates everything and you follow her lead, cooking the meal step by step in an unhurried manner.
My one small criticism is that for lunch we ate the starter and desert that Ali had made in her demonstration. Of course, it was delicious, but I then returned home to cook the very same thing for my guests that evening. Despite the meal being excellent, eating two thirds of it twice in one day is a bit too much.
Might I suggest to Ali, with the utmost respect that she rethinks this arrangement? Would it not be possible to serve a lunch that had been demonstrated on a previous cookery course?
I will definitely return though as I enjoy using varied ingredients, using new methods and cooking with like-minded people. It's a fabulous day.

Cottingham, United Kingdom
“'Butchery Skills'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

A very informative and helpful day on the Butchery Skills course. We learnt to bone and stuff a chicken, a 'show stopping' recipe, prepare a rack of lamb to create 'herb crusted rack of lamb' and stuff lamb noisettes with black pudding, WOW! Beautiful local fresh produce provided. Very friendly people. Thank you.
DebbieD

Beverley, United Kingdom
“New skills learnt to add to my cooking world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Thank you for another great day at the cookery school, new skills learnt should make me impress! As my wife said fantastic meal. Thankyou Linda for another great day. Thank you to all at the cookery school.This has been my fourth visit.

Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I attended a one-day One Pot Supper Course which was informative, intense, fun and enhanced my limited cooking skills. The course was well led by tutor Linda Latus and covered a range of meals – smoked haddock pots, sausage casserole, pot roast and lemon pudding. It has encouraged me to experiment further and develop my cooking repertoire. The results have been very good and appreciated by family members. I would strongly recommend the Yorkshire Wolds Cookery School courses.

Beverley, United Kingdom
“Lets Get Saucy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We did the sauce course yesterday with Linda Latus and it was fantastic. We covered 4 of the 5 'mother' sauces and acquired the understanding to enable us to turn a mediocre meal into a feast by the addition of the right sauce.
We can thoroughly recommend this fun and educational day to anyone who thinks a sauce comes out of a packet.

Roddy and Fran Horton