“Short but sweet!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bideford Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bideford
Bideford Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
4.0 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   Bucks Cross, Bideford EX39 5DU, England   |
“Short but sweet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Although it is fair to say we arrived to a very quiet week here at Bideford Bay, it has been enjoyable!

Caravan was clean and was even visited by a member of the cleaning staff as a courtesy call to make sure everything was ok for us.

The entertainment staff were superb and very easy to get along with. Bar staff too were also very attentive and Thai and Annie were very conversational and able to satisfy any needs.

Once we found our way around, it was more enjoyable, however, it was a little confusing.

After singing karaoke on the Monday night, by the Thursday night, no one had entered the talent competition as it was so quiet and Ross(Entertainments manager) asked me to go up and sing a few more songs on stage to fill in the gaps. It was a great opportunity for me and it really settled me and was a perfect way to end my stay here at Bideford Bay!

Although I stayed only a few days, overall it was a good experience. Fantastic excursions near too including The Big Sheep (about 20 minutes car journey), and 'The Wildlife and Dinosaur adventure park'(roughly about an hour way). Perfect day out with plenty to do and also as we were staying in Bideford Bay we were able to get discounted tickets!

Great value for money. Would return!

Many thanks to all of the members of staff for a great week!!

• Stayed April 2013
Park R, General Manager at Bideford Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hello Natalia,
Thank you for your valuable feedback, we know how important it is to make sure the accommodation is spotless and work hard to get it right. I’m delighted you had a lovely holiday, your comments have been passed to the team already. I hope we can welcome you back to the park soon. Thanks again for your lovely review.

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed in a silver chalet and, having read the reviews on here was slightly dubious about how it would be. Well, I was pleasantly surprised, it was clean, spacious and absolutely no signs of damp. It had obviously been recently decorated as you could still smell the paint. The only problems I had was a shower that fluctuated in temperature so much that I only gave my daughter one for fear of scalding her, and the beds. They were in need of new mattresses and the duvet covers were torn in places although both appeared very clean.
The actual site is very hilly so wouldn't be great for those with mobility issues.
The club house was ok, my daughter loved the kids club although I thought it was a bit lacking.
Brilliant outside play area and assault course.
Nice indoor pool with an actual life guard on duty.
Whilst there I had a flood in the kitchen due to a burst pipe- maintenance were there and sorting it almost before I'd finished reporting it, really quick there.
I'd go back here with pleasure, providing I got a similar deal of £76 for three nights. I think any more is too much money for what the park offers and seeing as its miles away from the sea (although did offer great views!)

Hi Natalie,
Thank you for your review, we are really pleased your family enjoyed their stay with us at Bideford Bay. I’m glad you and your family were pleased with the improvements we have made on the park and in the chalets. I apologise for the issue with your shower I can’t seem to find any reports to reception or with maintenance, I am glad that when you did report a job about a burst pipe that our maintenance team were there very quickly to fix pipes.

We do describe our park as being set in a ‘wooded hillside location’ and could possibly not be suitable for guests with mobility difficulties, many of our guests enjoy the quiet woodland area for a relaxing holiday. I will of course pass on the comments to team members on park as all feedback for us helps us to improve for services for further guest that come to our park.

Once again thank you for your review we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to park.
Somerset, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We have today returned from Bideford Bay park having spent 7 nights with 2 small dogs and then joined by my family for 4 nights occupying a silver grade 2 bedroom caravan. The approach can be quite steep to the reception area where all the amenities are located so I would agree that if you have walking difficulties this is not the place for you to stay. I had hoped that as we were being joined by family later that week we could have been located near to them but when I asked this I was told that there may be a possibility of a move 4 days later. I did not want the inconvenience. Also having dogs I could not upgrade which I would have had I been given the chance. It was explained to me that people complain in the upgrades that dogs have been present when they are not allowed and that bronze grade have a limited number of caravans for dog use as some people cannot afford to pay supplements and may have fur allergies. Overall my caravan although dated was very clean with a reasonable bathroom and well equipped just lacking an extractor which had been removed and not replaced. The gas fire in the lounge was efficient but the heaters in the bedroom/bathroom were not. Single glazed windows therefore had condensation which was resolved by opening them. The fixtures were in good condition but the upholstery and carpet had seen better days. The beds ( although I took my own bedding )looked clean and tidy and were made up on arrival. My sisters by comparison was much nicer and appeared newer and larger. The park that week was very quiet so I was surprised and disappointed to be given one at the extreme of the park near the road especially as I had booked some time ago and would be staying a full week. I love animals (and birds) but having the rooks poo repeatedly over the windows even with my best efforts to wash them was annoying. Now enough about the accommodation so I will move to the general.

The setting is pleasant (excluding the rooks see above!) and green and will suit the country lover. I saw various birds, horses, rabbits, squirrels, pheasants and lots of wild flowers surrounded by fields and trees. You may even be lucky enough to have a sea view and you can walk down to the cove. Some of the chalets appear to have had re-decoration. The site is spacious however you may need to walk some distance unloading your car as parking can be a little way from your room. The main building with its bar and restaurant is clean and modern with decking overlooking an excellent play area. I would agree with previous guests that drinks are a tad pricey so suggest you enjoy a drink before or after a meal in the privacy of your room. We had two excellent meals over two nights (fish and chips with peas £7 and rump steak £10)which were served quickly and were hot and freshly cooked (well done the chef!). The bar staff were also very friendly and plates were removed promptly.

You will definately need a car to get around. Clovelli is very near and Hartland Point where you may see some dolphins or seals. They have a nice snack wagon there too but no toilets. Boscastle where they had the flood is a pretty little village and Bude has a wonderful beach with a canal alongside. In the other direction is Bideford with Morrisons supermarket and the shopping centre of Atlantic Village shopping outlet. Asda is there with its own cafe. Parking outside Asda is limited to 2 hours and they check regularly. If you think you will be longer just park in the longstay which is also free all day. Westwood Hoe is another surfers paradise and has a great beach which like Bude dog friendly certain months of the year.

Overall I had a pleasant stay and fully realise that all these types of resorts restrict accommodation when you wish to take a dog but wish they could find some sort of compromise for us dog lovers to have a bit of luxury. Many much higher graded hotels allow a dog in a room and they don't feel the need to offer the most basic room so why the holiday parks? We pay extra to take them so why not charge a little extra on top for the "deep clean" when we leave??

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

After entering the Park from the road we took a wrong turn as we thought the signage was going to send us down a country lane,so we had to reverse back and then sussed the correct route down to Reception. At Reception we found that we weren't to book in there but had to go down to the Entertainment complex to book in !. We wandered through the complex but saw no evidence of where to book in so came out and looked again for signage,wandered through yet again and eventually saw a young lady perched behind an oblong table covered by a plain white sheet,we approached and Yes,this was where we were expected to be,the appropriate signage hadn't arrived......she was right in a corner,we weren't the only couple confused. We asked if we were using a caravan or chalet but she couldn't remember. We left her taking the map of the Park where our accommodation was marked. Drove around and around and around,couldn't see Channel View section anywhere but eventually found our CHALET.......After a brief inspection we seemed quite satisfied,but....... the TV remote control didn.'t work at all, so I found my way walking down to Reception,who sent a maintenance man (Chris) to sort it out. He ascertained that it was the wrong remote for that TV so he showed us how to improvise which sort of worked,about 10 mins later he came back with a box of assorted remotes and re-made one up which was compatable with our TV, SUCCESS. he was VERY helpful.Thanks Chris for going the extra mile !
We couldn't use the restaurant as it was situated within the Entertainment complex and we hadn't booked passes,we have not had this problem in any of the other Parks we have visited....
The Mini Mart was quite a distance from the majority of accomodation,back up the hill past Reception and down a lane......
Other than all the above comments,the Park was very quiet,tucked away in woodland,no traffic noise which was very welcome.....and our chalet was very cosy as we are used to having a ,caravan with noisy roof (when raining) which it did during the weekend.The double glazing was very effective. One more thing,there was only a bath, no shower,( you could hire an attachment) so hair washing was done in the sink with a cup !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at Bideford Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi Carol

Thank you for your review of our Park, I apologise that you found check in and your accommodation difficult to find, we have ordered some more signage for check in and unfortunately that had not arrived before your stay, the lane that you initially went down is not part of our park but a lane that goes to the village of Bucks Mills, I assume you were using a sat nav which we have found quite often takes our guests down this side road.
We do ask for a deposit for our shower attachments but this is refundable on their return and we do not charge for their use.

I am pleased that you were happy with your accommodation and that Chris was very helpful regarding your TV remote control. Entertainment passes are an optional extra and need to be bought to use all our facilities, which include the restaurant, pools and amenities.
We hope that you will visit us again in the not too distant future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 7 night break and must say it was the best holiday we've had in a long time, all the entertainment staff were fantastic. Leanne, lauren, and Wes kept the kids entertained but have to say Ross is a credit to Park Resorts and made our holiday. The bar staff were friendly and welcoming, as too were the security staff Will be returning soon

• Stayed April 2013
Park R, General Manager at Bideford Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hi Sally

Many thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review of Bideford Bay Holiday Park.

We’re so happy to know that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I will of course pass on your great comments to the entertainment manager who will no doubt pass them on to the team members.

Thank you again for your great review will look forward to welcoming you and your family back to park soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We would not go back again due to the fact my wife drives for a living and it was like a busmans holiday. The kids thought the pool was too small. They are teenagers. The views were spectacular though. More suitable for people without active children. It would of been nice to have the honeymoon without the kids. Cannot fault the staff they will bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable.

Hi Tracy

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time in writing your review on Bideford Bay Holiday. All feedback is crucial to us as it helps us improve our service and standards to enable us to provide our guests with an amazing experience. We do aim to cater for children of all ages however we have taken your comments and passed them onto the entertainment team.

Once again thank you for your review and we do hope that you choose to holiday with us again soon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went two years ago,came back Easter holiday, very much the same. Chalets clean and well equipped but agree that the electric fire does not provide enough heat and radiators in bedrooms very small which meant they were inadequate for the weather last week. Entertainment team were lovely and good fun but the visiting singing duo Robert and Ashcroft were very entertaining but for all the wrong reasons! Who still has Tina turner , Dolly Parton , Bart Simpson and Crazy Frog in their act?! Very dated. The Amy winehouse "tribute" was in very bad taste and cringeworthy. The person who books the acts should think twice about rebooking them if they want to keep a modern feel to the resort.

The talent show was great fun and in particular sophie and her guitar were amazing!

Good choice of food for vegetarians but some portions were a bit small for the meat eaters. Kids loved the slushy machine! Would be nice to see some local beers and ciders on tap not just boddingtons.

All said we had a good time there and reception were very helpful as we arrived after check in and they made sure our key was available. Courtesy call a couple of days prior to us arriving was a lovely touch

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi Bex

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on Trip advisor for you recent stay at Bideford Bay Holiday Park.

Our chalets over the winter season have had frost free heaters and refurbishment program done on them, due to unplanned cold weather conditions some guests did still experience this. We do however have portable heaters in reception for hire or can provide extra duvet’s etc.

We pride ourselves on being able to provide great customer service and also able to add those personal touches in giving guests courtesy call’s before arriving on holiday with us.

Once again I would like to thanks you and your family for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back some time.

Been to Bideford Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!