“Authentic Italian cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 45 restaurants in Brockenhurst
Cuisines: European, Italian, Seafood, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
london
“Authentic Italian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

On a weekend camping break we were looking for a restaurant to eat whilst waiting for our daughter of the train from waterloo. Fould Il patio 2 by chance and what a find.Really friendly staff welcomed us on arrival and we sat on the patio. There is a wide variety to choose from across the range of Italian cusine. All is freshly prepared in the kitchen. We had such a great meal that we decided to return again on the Sunday for a very late lunch. On that occasion we had Coda Di rosso ,Marco Polo and one Penne Gamberini. It was a marvellous finish to the weekend. We shall return

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Italian Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Have had a couple of close together visits here recently and have really enjoyed both times.My husband and I had an afternoon in Brockenhurst a few weeks ago and, as this place is right next to the station,thought we'd try it before getting our train home.
The menu is authentic Italian cuisine,just as we like it,and the service was lovely and attentive with a nice atmosphere around us.We enjoyed our visit so much that we returned last week with my father and had another lovely evening.
Lovely family run restaurant with a varied menu in a great location.We shall be back !

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Just like being on holiday :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently came to Il Palio on the off chance as I had missed my train, I say on the new decking are and me and my friend enjoyed a bottle of prosecco, then the smell of garlic tempted us to have a meal. The waiter was extremely helpful and recommended some dishes for us, I had Aglio olio a simple but tasty dish and my friend had a lasagna both equally delicious! Then after we had a home made toffee cheesecake and brownie with ginger ice cream, both again so tasty. I'm so glad we found this gem of a restaurant and we will definately be back when we are down this way again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pizza with a crust”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

As I am Italian born and raised, I usually avoid Italian restaurants but went here with a number of students from my last course. The restaurant is roomy inside, overall atmosphere quite good, service was a mixed bag, sometimes very fast and then they left us just be for a while... mmhh typical Italian then! I had bianchetti really good but the tartare served with it wasn't the best I had in Italian standards anyway. Pizza Palio was as it should be, with a crust! Loved the a artichokes on it. Overall a good night out.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A Joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited this restaurant on a quite Sunday night. I ordered an "Insalata di mare" (which is a traditional Italian starter made by seafood - usually baby octopus, cuttlefish, mussels, prawn) and received a kedgeree on a bad of green salad, tomato, onion and parmesan. I though was a joke! The restaurant is too pricey for the quality of the food served. The staff, although welcoming, seems not to be organised and the kitchen (which can be seen from a big window) should be cleaner.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere