“Another lovely Break at The Cloud” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cloud Hotel

The Cloud Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
You added The Cloud Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Meerut Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7TD, England   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Another lovely Break at The Cloud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have recently returned from yet another break at The Cloud Hotel. As usual everything was first class! A warm welcome, very friendly staff and wonderful food. We always meet many interesting people when we visit and the fact that there are several small lounges makes it feel more friendly than having just one large lounge - much more relaxing! Several people we met said 'It was like a home from home' and we agree. Thankyou Avril and all the Staff for making our stay so enjoyable. We will be back again later in the year.

Room Tip: We have always been happy with a room on the first floor overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Cloud again and thank you for your positive review which was very much appreciated by myself and my staff. We really enjoy welcoming back so many regular customers and we look forward to seeing you again later in the year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel/restaurant is absolutely fabulous and right in the centre of the New Forest and situated in Brockenhurst. We went there as a family party for my aunt's 80th birthday and could not have wished for anything nicer. The staff were attentive to everyone's needs and nothing was too much trouble for them. We ate in the conservatory which leads on to the garden as there were about 30 of us and it was a beautiful day.

Room Tip: Always reserve a table as you can imagine it gets quite fully booked by locals as well as visitors t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
I'm delighted to know how much you all enjoyed your Aunt's 80th birthday celebrations and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with my team. Like me they really appreciate receiving such positive feedback. I hope we shall have the pleasure of your company again sometime in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Another stay at the Cloud Hotel exceeded all my expectations again.A great place to take your Mother or Father to get thoroughly spoiled. Everything is excellent and the staff team should be commended on their attention to detail, smiling faces and warm personalities. Loved it and will be back.

tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
It was a pleasure to welcome you back to the Cloud Hotel and many thanks for your positive review which is really appreciated by myself and my staff. I look forward to having the pleasure of your company sometime in the future when you visit England again.
Hook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have just returned from the Cloud Hotel after a long weekend break, which included my mums 80th birthday party. We had family of all ages and they all enjoyed the superb food and the excellent service, which you all should be, very proud of. Mandy has the service, off to a tee, keep up the good work!! My mum had a great time, the weather was excellent, and I can't fault the hotel. We stayed in room11 overlooking the Forrest and the ponies could often be seen. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 11 facing onto the forrest, which is why you visit this part of the world.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I'm so pleased to know how much you all enjoyed your Mum's 80th birthday celebrations and thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel and the staff such a positive review. I was particularly delighted to know the younger members of the family enjoyed their stay and I have shared your kind comments with the staff who like me greatly appreciate receiving such positive feedback. I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel sometime in the future.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

..about 'The Cloud'. Its owner has absolutely perfectly pitched her offering to the demographic that uses her hotel; this is great business sense. As a guest, you will quickly understand the rationale behind the way the hotel works - it is, first and foremost, the brilliant outcome of its owner's business acumen; whether or not it's for you, of course, is up to you, and most of the (very few) adverse comments on this site are down to visitors who did not align with the demographic. I enjoyed our my stay at the Cloud, but think it is very pricey - £175 (room, B & B) a night is a not inconsiderable sum - our room was clean and comfortable but little more. The unfailingly cheerful and helpful staff reflect the ethos of the owner, and one can only admire some-one who can set, and maintain, such high standards of customer care, service delivery and maintenance. You will go here for the service and ambience - ideally you should be over 65.

Room Tip: don't know - only stayed in one!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Many thanks for you incisive and helpful comments!

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Cloud and that you appreciated our many strengths. We will certainly take into consideration your point about pricing (£175 B&B for two people, forest view room) when we review our tariff.

We welcome customers of all ages here at The Cloud, and indeed many of our customers are drawn from a younger demographic base. Having said that, we are also particularly delighted to be able to welcome our more mature guests, many of whom return time and time again.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Cloud sometime in the future!
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Myself and husband spent four days at the cloud. We have stayed here before. Everything about the holiday was great. The rooms were very comfortable food was very yummy! The staff couldn't do enough for us. We shall be going back. Excellent hotel!

tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Cloud Hotel. The staff and I always appreciate it when a customer takes the time to give us a review and we are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff have been made aware of your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again sometime in the future.
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Don't consider staying here if you're south of 65.

Care-home ambience, poky rooms, previous guests' stuff not cleaned out of drawers...

The lovely welcome and general warmth from the receptionist wasn't matched by the restaurant staff (we asked for a latte at breakfast but were told the "machine isn't turned on").

It's also way overpriced for the offering - probably because the main custom is clearly drawn from easily pleased retirees with more money than sensibility.

tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Cloud Hotel recently. We have many happy customers who return year after year to stay with us for several days at a time dinner bed and breakfast and write glowing reviews in our visitors book and I am always disappointed when a customer who only stays for one night bed and breakfast finds it necessary to give us such a bad review. But I am also disappointed to know of your treatment at breakfast by one of my staff as customer service is so important to myself and other members of staff. He has been made aware of your comments and I appreciate you bringing his attitude to my attention.

Been to The Cloud Hotel? Share your experiences!