“Quiet & relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cloud Hotel

The Cloud Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brockenhurst
The Cloud Hotel
You added The Cloud Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Meerut Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7TD, England   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Quiet & relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been to the Cloud several times & it has always remained consistently very good. It is very clean & comfortable with good attentive staff who are friendly but unassuming. We chose it mainly because of it's location, we like to walk, but we also enjoy good food & that is certainly what you get. If you want excitement & noise, then look elsewhere because at The Cloud you have peace & quiet. The emphasis is on good service, great food & comfortable, clean rooms. We usually book for 3 nights of dinner, bed & breakfast & we are never dissappointed with anything. Avril Owton, the owner, is usually around to make sure you are getting everything you need. The other thing to note is that the staff remain the same, which in my book usually means a lot, & they remember you & this gives a more personal touch.

Room Tip: Although the four poster room is lovely, if you are tall, then the size of the bed could be restrict...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give the Cloud Hotel such a positive review. My staff and i always appreciate it when a guest takes the trouble to give us feedback. Our aim at the Cloud Hotel is to create a place where guests can unwind and relax in a peaceful atmosphere and that is why we are unable to take children under 12 years old. I also appreciate your comment about the 4 poster bed, these are the things we need to know and we will make sure any future customers are made aware of it. I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Cloud Hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Limited Roast Menu Sunday. Service was good orders taken whilst having a drink.
Food arrived without delay starters were average main courses choice of roast pork or beef gravy watery limited roast potatoes but all very tasty. Sweet and coffee included
Have had better in New Forest area
An old persons hotel & restaurant

• Stayed February 2013
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your Sunday lunch and I have taken on board your comments as all feedback is important to me both good and not so good. However I would like to correct you on the menu choices because as well as roast beef and roast pork there was a choice of pan fried guinea fowl breast with a red wine wild mushroom sauce, poached medley of seafood with a fish parsley sauce, poached egg florentine and a selection of cold meat or seafood salads. All our food is freshly cooked and we don't serve any frozen food hence the more limited choice on the menu. I like to think the Cloud Hotel is not old fashioned but has traditional standards with good service. Your comments have been passed on to the Head Chef.
Ferring, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We returned in January for a second visit and everything consistant with the first, very pleasent,
helpful, genuinely friendly staff who ensure that that the guest is happy, comfortable and wants for nothing. The room immaculate and comfortable, and the restaurant exceptional, This is a special Hotel, with such a warm, welcoming feel that stands out from the others in the Forest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
It was a pleasure to meet you when you stayed recently and and I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed yourself. I would like to thank you most sincerely for giving the Cloud Hotel such a glowing review. I am very lucky that the majority of my staff have been working at the Cloud Hotel for more than 10 years and are committed to giving our customers 5 star service. They, like myself really appreciate your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.
Dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We drive from Poole for lunch at The Cloud as and when time permits. From entrance to exit, the staff are a gem: so attentive, happy and helpful. Proprietor Avril Owton (a former Tiller Girl) will often serve you. Her staff do her proud, without exception. If you, like us, go for good traditional lunches, then you'll just love The Cloud. Yesterday, the mains were a choice of Roast Leg of Lamb, Chicken Supreme, Grilled Salmon steaks, Homemade Cottage Pie etc. The Lamb was both generous and first class with superb roast potatoes plus offerings of mint sauce and red currant jelly. I love the cheese to follow, and there's NO supplement, and it doesn't taste as if it's come straight out of the fridge. It's old fashioned but truly excellent value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always a pleasure for myself and my staff to receive such excellent feedback and we really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your lunch. Positive feedback is very important to us and thank you for your review. We pride ourselves with our traditional service and menus and hope to have the pleasure of your company in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here during the snow in January for 3 nights. What can I say, it was fabulous! The Cloud Hotel is a small non chain hotel, which does cater for the more mature person. Having said that my husband and I are both in our 40's, wanting a quiet break, in a clean and well run hotel.

This did not disappoint. The hotel was lovely, exceptionally clean in a great location. Food fabulous. Mrs Owton and her staff all very welcoming and attentive!!

We've never stayed in the New Forest during the snow before, but it really made it special. Can't wait to return same time next year.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I really appreciate your kind comments and thank you for taking the time to give us such a positive review. It is always a pleasure for myself and my team to receive such good feedback as we are continuously striving to improve the hotel to meet the needs of our customers. Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and I look forward to having the pleasure of your company sometime in the future.
Barton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friend and I dropped in here after a 2 hour ride on the forest and were a bit muddy. The hotel had only just opened after a break and they could not have been more welcoming. We were settled in the lounge next to a lovely fire and coffee was provided. Will definately be coming back and what a lovely team you have at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
You were more than welcome to come and enjoy a coffee by the fire and we are quite used to muddy boots as we are in the heart of the New Forest National park where people ride, walk,cycle and enjoy the beautiful area. My team really appreciate you taking the time to give them such positive feed back. I value my team as they are my greatest asset and many of them have worked at The Cloud Hotel for over 10 years so I realise I am very lucky. I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went there for a special birthday party held in the Cloud's private room. It was arranged at quite short notice and the hotel could not have been more helpful. On the day, there was a welcome message at the entrance, the food was beautifully cooked (and a choice offered even though there were 20 of us) and the service was first class - what was more there was a very helpful gentleman to assist in the parking. The house wine was reasonably priced, as were the pre-luncheon drinks, and very quaffable - not always the case with house wine. We thought the price was very reasonable for what we received. Thoroughly recommend it for a small, private party.

Room Tip: Did not stay but if up to the standard of the other parts of the hotel, probably very good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tillergirl, Owner at The Cloud Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I'm delighted to know how much you enjoyed your birthday lunch at the Cloud Hotel and thank you for your positive review. Like me the staff always appreciate positive feedback and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Been to The Cloud Hotel? Share your experiences!