“I feel physically sick at the money I have wasted” 1 of 5 stars
Review of New Park Manor

You added New Park Manor to your Saves list
New Park Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lyndhurst Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7QH, England   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Dunstable
“I feel physically sick at the money I have wasted”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just for the record, for £350 per night I don't think it is unreasonable to expect -
A wardrobe or if that is just too old fashioned of me a hanging space that accommodates a knee length dress. I am after all only 5'3".
Fresh milk for our tea instead of plastic capsules of UHT milk a la premier Inn (sorry Premier Inn)
Somewhere to actually put a tea tray near a plug
Some biscuits in line with other hotels of half this price
A dressing gown that is not frayed, tattered and threadbare with a laundry label inside that says Bottley Grange Spa, wherever that may be.
A shower that is not just a shower over a bath.
Maybe a shower cap - let's not push it to cotton wool and q tips.
Soundproofing which would allow us to sleep beyond 6 in the morning because for the noise from other rooms. And I'm talking noise.
To be greeted with something other than a silent hostile stare when I very politely expressed my dissatisfaction on the first morning
The bed was comfortable , the staff mostly lovely and the food in the restaurant was not at all bad. If you want somewhere with great facilities for children who can run free in safety then this is for you. But do not be persuaded as I was, in the course of a very long telephone conversation with lfh when I asked all the right questions, that this is a place to come to relax and unwind in peaceful luxury. I feel cheated and robbed. I am going back to work tomorrow exhausted after two nights here and a weeks salary lighter. I wish I had the time to sue them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and am sorry that you have felt the need to give us this rating, most disappointing. Our design team have worked hard to put the right pieces of furniture into our newly renovated rooms, and from previous reviews you will see that they have been greatly enjoyed. I will most certainly be speaking to our linen Co to delve further into the frayed bathrobe that you were given, and will reiterate to the housekeeping teams that they must be checked. I note your comment re fresh milk. Please be assured that should you have asked for fresh milk on any occasion that this would have been brought up to your room at any point, night or day. We purposely put the UHT milk in rooms for Health reasons as I'm sure you can appreciate it is not always used daily and would not like have fresh milk left in rooms as it would not take it long to go off. I understand your comments re the bathroom but I must bring you attention to our website that clearly describes the bathroom facilities in detail so to avoid disappointment. As you rightly state, we do not supply shower caps in bathrooms, or cotton buds, but again please be assured that should our guests request anything additional to which we fully advertise in our rooms that they would do they up most to get it for your straight away. I am sorry that you were awoken by children. As you will see from our website, we are part of the Luxury Family Hotel collection and as such highly cater for families. This said, we have some wonderful areas to relax away in the hotel, and other child free guests have commented many times on previous reviews how subtle we make this to ensure that our guests without children have the most relaxing of stays. Please note that we have child free times in the Spa for this reason, plus a wonderful Den (creche) were out little guests are looked after so mum and dad can have those great relaxing moments that they long for, knowing that there little ones are safe and sound being looked after by our qualified Den team. I am pleased to read that you found the staff to be attentive and the food enjoyable during your stay.
Steve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

On a spur of the moment decision my mum, the dog and I went to the New Forest. We picked New Park Manor because it seemed nice and simple but we discovered that it was so much more!
The room was simple and well furnished and the clean and modern bathroom was quite small but the shower worked well and you get a really nice selection of products to use. TV had a few channels and there was a tea set, mini fridge and decent hair dryer provided in the room. Although there were lots of kids and babies in the hotel we couldn't hear them from our room. What we did hear was the alarm from the farm next door going off but the staff were quick to sort it out! Breakfast was a simple buffet and our room service, although expensive, was amazing. The staff were fantastic, very helpful and patience when our dog discovered the kitchens of her own accord! The pool is nice but only big enough for about three lane swimmers but while you wait for space there is a series of bubbling pools, foot spa, loungers, saunas and experience showers to use. An outdoor hot tub was the highlight, where we could sit in warm water on a cold morning watching the deer, of which there are many rare white stags, grazing. One even came right outside the pool before disappearing through a fence. The dog decided that we should wake up really early and so we took a little stroll down the drive which was just magical with the mist and deer as well as stunning scenery. The hotel is close to many different attractions which was useful and they have an array of leaflets to help you decide what to do or you can ask at reception. I managed to get a lovely hack across the new forest on a well practiced horse and they pointed out an amazing dog walking area, Bolton's Bench, which seems to be a big well manicured grassland but over the hill is wonderful wild plains where you are guaranteed to see lots of ponies and the odd cow.
Only downside was the free wifi isn't great but when there is so much to see and do whether it is in our out of the hotel you don't really need it and our room got quite hot but we just turned off the heated towel rack and opened the windows and it was fine.
Our dog loved the attention from staff and patrons alike and we ended up extending our trip another day because the hotel and area was so nice. Totally recommend it to someone looking for a laid-back stay in a beautiful manor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write you lovely review. The team were delighted that you extended your stay as you were having a great time with us, and of course pampering your pooch daily! I totally agree, we are located in such a beautiful part of the New Forest and the pony trekking around here is second to non. We hope very much that you will be able to come back and see us again very soon, and have another relaxing stay and discover more of our great forest.
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went there last year as a treat payed for by my friend, her sister in law also came. My friend has been before and highly recommended it. At the end of the day we were all disappointed. We arrived mid morning on a Saturday, after booking in we went to the pool which was empty and relaxing. My friends sister in law and myself went for our treatments, I had a massage and manicure, the girl who did it was leaving soon after, I think she was Spanish, she was very good and a lovely girl, shame she was leaving as I thought she was one of the better staff. After we all had lunch which took a bit of time to order as there wasn't anyone there on reception, the food was average. My friend went for her treatments then, and we went in out door jacuzzi which was really good. The worse part was then to come, my friend was still having treatments so we went to indoor pool, only to be invaded by hoards of children with their parents, they were let loose every where, in the pool area, there was no relaxation as there were screaming kids! Apparently they are let in after 4.00p.m. which we didn't know, the pool area soon got very untidy and there was no one around to clean up. After a relaxing earlier massage, I felt more stressed than before I went! All in all I was disappointed more for my friend as she payed for the day. I don't think any of us would return. I did email my concerns to the Spa, and what a surprise I didn't get a response from anyone.

Room Tip: Didn't stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you were not totally satisfied with your spa day that was given to you by your friend. Being part of the Luxury Family Hotels collection, we are very focused on families that come to stay with us, hence why we fully advertise the spa swim times for children from 8am till 10am and 3pm till 6pm each day. This is clearly stated in all of our literature and our website. As you will see from other reviews, our guests that come without children are exceptionally well catered for in both the hotel and the spa and leave feeling relaxed and pampered due to the times in the spa that are adult only, and the beautiful relaxing areas that we have around the hotel, including the south facing sun terrace outside of the spa. I am pleased to read that you had time to enjoy the facilities though and enjoyed your massage. I will most certainly look into why we have not received your said email.
Steve
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with our 1 year old son. The accommodation at New Park Manor was beautiful, clean and of high quality, the location in the middle of the New Forest was ideal but perhaps the hardest thing to get right is the staff and we think they've cracked it. The dedication of the team in looking after the little things you need when you travel with a young family, made it a really enjoyable break

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased to read that you and your family had a lovely time with us, and that the team looked after you well during your time with us. We hope you will have the opportunity to come and visit us again.
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

.... Have just returned from a 2 night stay at this fabulous hotel. I booked as a surprise for my husbands 50th birthday and our 20th wedding anniversary. Wanted to just chill out and relax for a couple of days, well we did just that . From the friendly welcome until we left we could not fault the hotel. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, staff were helpful but not in your face all the time, they gave you space but continually making sure the guests were well looked after. Our room was lovely very clean and comfortable. Our view was stunning
Food was very tasty. Even though we didn't have children with us the hotel clearly caters well for families and couples.
Over all a very relaxing couple of days and will visit again
Thanks to all the staff for a breast break

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so please that your birthday and anniversary was made special by the team and that you both had a lovely and relaxing time with us. I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to the kitchen team and everyone that looked after you during your stay with us. We hope that you will be able to come back and celebrate with us again.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The New Park Manor hotel is absolutely fantastic, a spa to relax, horses and deer grazing on the premises, comfortable rooms. The hotel features an exquisite and high standard cuisine and the extraordinary chef and friendly staff members do everything to make your stay unforgettable. the beautiful forests and hiking paths added to a relaxing and unique experience. Special thanks go to Hannah Porter and Steve Waine (maintenance), our hotel guest rescue team, who saved us from getting completely lost in the large forest. They even made the effort to look for us and pick us up by car. just to give you an impression how personable and helpful the hotel team is. Many thanks, Elvira and Etta Brenk

Room Tip: ask a room with park view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. I'm so pleased that you both had a fabulous time with us, and will of course pass your review onto Hannah and Steve who will be delighted to hear you made it home without getting lost. I think we will have to rename them Batman and Robinette from now on, the New Forest Super Heros!!! We hope you will be able to come back and see us again very soon.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night last week and wished it could have been for longer so I could have done some exploring of the area, the hotel has just had a refurbishment and it looks amazing but still has a very relaxing feel about it, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again and next time will sample the delights of the spa! Special thanks to Steve and Lee for an amazing stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review. It was lovely to meet you and I'm so pleased that you both had a great time. Shame you didn't get the chance to enjoy the spa, but next time definitely. We hope that you will be able to come and see us again very soon.
Steve & the Team.

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!