We stayed for two nights. Two adults and two children (5 and 2). The staff were really really lovely, nothing is too much trouble. The food is great, the kids menu is extensive compared to most places and really tries hard to go beyond the typical choices that we've come to expect. They also bring out a nibble plate of hummus and veggies to keep the kids happy until their food comes. The hotel is within the national park which is lovely, you can look out and see horses and deer wondering around. We used the 2 hours of free childcare on both days. Our children can be quite clingy so I wondered if they would go for it but both Lucy and Lauren were so engaging that dropping them off couldn't have been more of a breeze. In fact, when I turned up early the first day to pick them up to go swimming, I had to leave the younger one for his last 15 minutes as he didn't want to leave.
On our second night we ate in the restaurant and used the baby listening service which was great. Kids happily in bed, us happy with our bottle of wine and a less hectic dinner than usual.
I can understand why some reviewers who have visited without children might be disappointed but if you have children you will absolutely love it.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 21 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Barbara Villiers Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Bath House Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.