We have just returned from a 5 night stay with our toddler and baby (2yrs and 4mths). The place is totally geared up for families and we will definitely be going back. We stayed in one of the Forest Rooms (Cedar) it had a huge bed, a travel cot and a small bed for our toddler. It was a little cramped but it didn’t really matter as we barely spent any time in the room. The crèche (The Den) was great, we pre-booked sessions for the kids and it was great knowing they were in safe hands and only minutes away. Lucy in particular was fantastic looking after them and was always smiling and full of energy. It was the shame the weather wasn’t great as the The Den has a play area outside with lots of toys and a trampoline. We really enjoyed the spa while we were there. My husband used the gym and although it wasn’t very big it had all the key gym equipment that you need. I chose to use the spa while the kids where in The Den. The Canadian hot tub outside was great. The steam room wasn’t working when we stayed but a notice on the door said we could use the Rasul room which had a steam room and I did this, I think the steam room was fixed on the last day of our stay. The sauna was working fine as was the Jacuzzi. Unfortunately we didn’t have good weather when we were there but that didn’t stop us having a good stay. We managed to visit Peppa Pig World which was only 20mins away. We ate in every night and used the baby listening service. We could choose where we ate too, so most of the time we chose to eat in the lounge rather than the restaurant. Mainly as we still had our baby with us so we felt a bit more relaxed in case he starting crying, but also as it was so chilled out. The food was ok/good. My only negative would be that it wasn’t always consistent. We ordered the same food on different days and there would be differences. My chicken on one day was a bit burnt underneath (though I ate it and didn’t complain, maybe I should have said something with hindsight). I think the food and execution of it could be improved from ok/good to very good. The breakfasts were good and you had a great choice. There was a buffet style table laid out with cereals, pastries, fruit and muffins and then you could also order a cooked breakfast. The staff make this hotel special from Ben on reception, Nicola and Sarah in the restaurant and Lucy in the crèche. Steve the manager was always around and made sure we were ok and always had time for a quick chat/hello. Thoughtful touches throughout the hotel were appreciated, like access to toys everywhere without feeling cluttered, spare sheet for the cot, childrens books in the room and Annabel Karmel snacks. The hotel is still being refurbished and work is now coming to an end. We didn’t feel like the refurbishment caused us any disruption. I would like to see what it will look like when it is finished so I have an excuse to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 21 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Barbara Villiers Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Bath House Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park