“Fabulous place, please people,remember it's for families!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Park Manor

You added New Park Manor to your Saves list
New Park Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lyndhurst Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7QH, England   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Brockenhurst
London
“Fabulous place, please people,remember it's for families!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have just returned from 4 nights at New Park Manor with my wife, two year old daughter, and dog. I had never been before, and this sort of thing is new to me, so I went with trepidation. It was a revelation!!!
Before I start.......
THIS IS A FAMILY HOTEL WITH A SPA, NOT A SPA THAT HAPPENS TO HAVE A HOTEL THAT IS CHILD FRIENDLY.
I would not recommend it as a spa retreat for a couple. If you want just a spa, go to somewhere that just does spas. The website is clear that it is for children, do your research.
Now....
If I were to be very critical, food is a little expensive, I think that a larger choice of more basic food, especially considering children are the focus, at a cheaper price. The menus were the same every night with a couple of specials. The food was either 10 out of 10, fantastic, or 6 out of 10. I would rather continuity at 7/8 out of 10, a little cheaper. Having said that, mostly good, children got hummus, cucumber and carrot for every meal, and a reasonable choice for them, could have had more veg.
My other criticism is communication. We weren't told the den was closed and there was now a small room for the crèche. It was disappointing. Also, no cinema. They are going through refurb, so should have told us, as we felt let down.

I may sound negative, which is weird as I've given it 5 stars, but I am being as critical as I can, as I believe you should be clear and honest. The overall reality is that we were blown away. We hadn't expected to have such a wonderful time. My criticisms are meant to be constructive. The good stuff is:
We had a Forest Room (Beech), with an interconnecting room for our daughter. Do this, as you get sleep!
Rooms are lovely, comfortable, clean, beautiful views, and a telly in the bath! They even left us a bag of treats for the dog.
Everywhere is geared for children, boxes of toys and teddies in most public rooms. Games to play, a table football, a room for computer games with wii. Excellent enclosed garden with trampoline and swingball. She didn't know where to go next for fun.
Our dog was treated like royalty
The staff were incredible, always helpful, wonderful with my daughter. Special thanks to Nichola who served us most of the time, fantastic girl, lovely Lucy in the crèche, kept our daughter entertained and happy with ease, Nina who was great, Sarah-Jane who was brilliant, the reception girls (sorry, names escape me) who ran around after us on an hourly basis, and Steve who bent over backwards for us.
The staff made it for us.
The location is fab, with horses to feed, in the middle of lovely walks, deer to watch out of the window.
Our daughter hasn't stopped talking about it, we will be back as soon as we can

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Great to read that you all had a lovely time (inc Poppy too of course!). I'm sorry if we have let you down with some breakdown in communication. The website does state that the cinema room will not be completely finished until May but I agree that you should have been informed of this prior to arrival, please accept my apologies for this. Also as you rightly state, the Den was moved into a smaller room due to the refurbishment. I fully appreciate that the bigger room (which is now in use again after been redecorated) would have been more comfortable, but unfortunately we did not have another suitable big room. I am so pleased to read that your stay with us went well and that you all had a lovely time. I hope that you will all be able to come back and see us again very soon. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to all of the team too who I know will be really pleased.
Steve & the Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a restful 4 night stay at the New Park Manor.

We were on holiday to celebrate our son's second birthday and were looking for a 'home from home' experience - all I can say to support that is that our son referred to the New Park Manor as 'Lukie's House Hotel' :-)

Steve and his team were very welcoming and bent over backwards to make sure that our stay was as pleasant and friendly as could be.

We were fully aware of the renovations taking place and the work barely interrupted us at any point. All the workmen were polite and courteous and the front of house staff made sure that work was carried out thoughtfully and with the guests at the forefront of the schedule.

We also took advantage of the child-friendly timetable in the Spa pool much to our son's delight.

Although the weather wasn't great we found something suitable to do as a family every day, and I would recommend the New Park Manor as a jumping off point to explore all the New Forest has to offer.

Lovely stay, in a lovely location, with a lovely team.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you all had a lovely time with us and the team looked after you well. It was a pleasure to have you all here in Lukies House Hotel and hope that you will get the chance to come back and see us again very soon.
Steve
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

It is clear, from my own reaction to the hotel and from others listed below that this was once a beautiful retreat. This is not the case at present. We booked a spa day and travelled from london. We were not informed of the work which was taking place on the hotel, or that we would be diverted down a road ridden with pot holes. We eventually found our way to the spa reception where two children were running around uncontrollably. We were seen to and shown around the spa, which by no accounts met our expectations and did not match numerous descriptions online & on spa package brochures. We were taken through to the pool in our boots and not asked to remove them, which in itself seems unhygienic. We decided not to stay and were given a frosty 'goodbye.' We did ask to see the manager but were told, and I quote, 'well I am the spa supervisor.' This hotel may now be great for families and that in itself is fabulous, but it is not the location for a relaxing break.

• Stayed February 2013
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to read your disappointments regarding your stay. As you were on a spa day, we did not inform you of the scaffolding around the main hotel (which will be down by mid April) as the Spa is located on the other side of the hotel and is totally unaffected, and can not be seen at all. I understand your comment re the pot holes on the lane. This is not our driveway (ours is currently been re-tarmacked and ready by 20th March) but is the councils and unfortunately we have no jurisdiction over it's condition, but will only be used until 20th March. As you rightly state, we are indeed a family hotel and on entry into the main hotel you will always see our lovely little guests having bags of fun. I must note that the spa has set swim times for children in the hotel which are from 8-10 & 3-6 each day, leaving the rest of the day completely free for the grown ups to relax and enjoy the facilities of the spa. With regards to your comment re being taken into the pool area in your shoes - this was only to the pool entrance whilst showing you the facilities to ensure that you know where everything is to enjoy the day to the full. At no point do any of our spa team allow our guests to walk around the pool area in normal footwear freely. If you would like to email me directly re your comments regarding our online description I would be very grateful as the website and all documentation is fully up to date for all of the spa facilities - I can only assume you saw this on another website so would be grateful to know where this was seen so that I can have it ammended. My email address is steve.thorne-farrar@newparkmanorhotel.co.uk. I am sorry that you felt you were given a frosty goodbye by our spa supervisor. Having know her for a length of time now, and receiving the numerous fabulous comments regarding her customer service, I am shocked to read this and can only assume that it was taken out of context when asking her who was the supervisor.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from our stay and had such a great time we can't wait to return! I will admit to being slightly disappointed with the state of the crèche as it seemed to have seen better days but the spa facilities, and staff who can't do enough for you more than made up for it! Our daughter Gracie was allowed to walk freely around the hotel without staff moaning about her, from reception staff, head of housekeeping, our evening waitress and breakfast waiter and Jo for taking great care of Gracie we felt so welcome and can't wait to return! The only thing I would change is the times of children able to use the spa as they seemed to clash with the sessions o the crèche. Can't believe I spent Saturday afternoon sat in a outdoor hot tub in march! Can't wait to see the hotel once the refit is complete. Thanks again guys its been great!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you all had a great time and that Gracie had a fabulous time with Jo in the Den. I understand your comments regarding the Den but am pleased to announce that our lovely new BIG Den will be back in use as of the middle of March. Great to see that you made full use of the outdoor Canadian hot tub...there really is no better place to sit and relax I agree. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again very soon.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a surprise I booked to take mum for a nice relaxing day of luxury and relaxation, which is more than what we got! We were greeted by a warm welcome by the very friendly staff, who were throughout the day very helpful, and couldnt of done anymore for us! We were shown around the spa facilities, and then began our day of indulgence. We were provided with thick fluffy robes, slippers and towels. The facilities were amazing, we spent hours relaxing in the jacuzzi (outside) as well as taking a swim and a hot steam. We then had our champagne afternoon tea... This was served in the juice bar, with a fantastic view of the forest. There was a wide range of finger sandwiches and cakes served with a glass of champagne and strawberries. We then spent an hour in the relaxation room before indulging in our 30 min massage treatments followed by mum recieving her complimetary mothers day manicure. She was over the moon with the whole day and a return visit will be a must!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you and your mum had a lovely time with us and that the Spa team looked after you so well during your day with us. The outdoor Canadian hot tub really is a fantastic place to sit and relax and take in the lovely views across the forest. We hope that you will both be able to come back and see us again very soon.
Steve & the Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

For families with young children this place is a godsend. It is perfectly set up for you to enjoy a holiday with your little ones (ours are 3 1/2 and 6 months) and also for you to get some time to relax yourself. They've got a COMPLIMENTARY CRECHE, people! Read it again - complimentary creche. Surely, the two best words in the english language!! Add to that a spa with beautiful indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, steam room, sauna etc etc... and you have the recipe for the perfect holiday. You get to drop the little ones off with their excellent nursery staff while you get some time to yourself. It's a beautiful setting and they've got a sweet garden with lots of toys, trampoline etc plus toys, books, games etc scattered about the hotel, landing and in the rooms themselves. The staff are all very friendly and helpful - Ben on reception was brilliant, Sarah and Nichola in the restaurant were fab and the assistant general manager Natalie was also particularly great. When we had an issue, she handled it brilliantly, resolving it quickly and with good grace. There are baby listening devices so you can enjoy a meal to yourself in their lovely restaurant, very good vegetarian options too, and they also have a babysitter who can be booked in advance if you fancy a meal out. There is a lovely and easy walk across the forest into Brockenhurst and every afternoon they do a 'high tea' for children which basically means you can get your little one fed early on healthy tasty meals (hummus with carrot, celery and pitta served with every meal) before putting them down for the night. There is a well-stocked baby kitchen too with fridge, microwave, bottle warmers etc.. We had 2 interconnecting rooms, which I think makes a big difference because the Forest rooms aren't quite big enough for a family of four. Stylish, clean and elegant decor with gorgeous beds. So, to summarise - they've thought of everything. There are even free swim nappies for your infants. We did 3 nights - i could easily have done a fortnight. We will be back!!

Room Tip: If you are a family consider getting the interconnecting rooms. The Forest rooms aren't huge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steve F, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased to read that you and your family had a lovely time with us and I will be sure to pass you fantastic comments to Ben, Sarah, Nicola and Natalie who will be over the moon that you have personally named them in your review. I am very proud of the team working here and am pleased to see that they are delivering great service. Great to read that you made full use of our wonderful complimentary Creche and got some 'you' time in whilst here.....very important for all mums and dads these days. We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again very soon for a few more nights with your family.
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

It's been about 5 years since we've last visited the New Park Manor. Staff are friendly and very welcoming however the rest has become quit disappointing. On our day the steam room, heated seats and the bubbles for the jacuzzi were not working. The swimming poole had a horrible scum line around the the top and in general it looked very tiered and dirty. On the up side my massage was great and I left relaxed. Really hope things are spruced up as this is a great place when all is well.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you encountered issues whilst on your visit to us with some of the facilities but am pleased to report that all issues were quickly sorted and the Spa is back up and running with no further issues. I will most certainly check the cleanliness around the pool that you have reported which very much surprises me as the spa team regularly do night cleaning in the pool to ensure it is constantly kept to the required high standard. I'm pleased to read that your treatments and service from the spa team was high and you very much enjoyed the views from the spa also, it really is a great place to relax and to be pampered. I hope the maintenance issues we were experience on your day won't deter you from visiting us again. Should you wish to visit us again I would very much like to organise this personally for you and ensure that you have a wonderful time.
Steve & the Team

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!