I have just returned from 4 nights at New Park Manor with my wife, two year old daughter, and dog. I had never been before, and this sort of thing is new to me, so I went with trepidation. It was a revelation!!!
Before I start.......
THIS IS A FAMILY HOTEL WITH A SPA, NOT A SPA THAT HAPPENS TO HAVE A HOTEL THAT IS CHILD FRIENDLY.
I would not recommend it as a spa retreat for a couple. If you want just a spa, go to somewhere that just does spas. The website is clear that it is for children, do your research.
If I were to be very critical, food is a little expensive, I think that a larger choice of more basic food, especially considering children are the focus, at a cheaper price. The menus were the same every night with a couple of specials. The food was either 10 out of 10, fantastic, or 6 out of 10. I would rather continuity at 7/8 out of 10, a little cheaper. Having said that, mostly good, children got hummus, cucumber and carrot for every meal, and a reasonable choice for them, could have had more veg.
My other criticism is communication. We weren't told the den was closed and there was now a small room for the crèche. It was disappointing. Also, no cinema. They are going through refurb, so should have told us, as we felt let down.
I may sound negative, which is weird as I've given it 5 stars, but I am being as critical as I can, as I believe you should be clear and honest. The overall reality is that we were blown away. We hadn't expected to have such a wonderful time. My criticisms are meant to be constructive. The good stuff is:
We had a Forest Room (Beech), with an interconnecting room for our daughter. Do this, as you get sleep!
Rooms are lovely, comfortable, clean, beautiful views, and a telly in the bath! They even left us a bag of treats for the dog.
Everywhere is geared for children, boxes of toys and teddies in most public rooms. Games to play, a table football, a room for computer games with wii. Excellent enclosed garden with trampoline and swingball. She didn't know where to go next for fun.
Our dog was treated like royalty
The staff were incredible, always helpful, wonderful with my daughter. Special thanks to Nichola who served us most of the time, fantastic girl, lovely Lucy in the crèche, kept our daughter entertained and happy with ease, Nina who was great, Sarah-Jane who was brilliant, the reception girls (sorry, names escape me) who ran around after us on an hourly basis, and Steve who bent over backwards for us.
The staff made it for us.
The location is fab, with horses to feed, in the middle of lovely walks, deer to watch out of the window.
Our daughter hasn't stopped talking about it, we will be back as soon as we can
Thank you all for a fab time
- Also Known As:
- New Park Manor Hotel Brockenhurst
- New Park Manor Hotel
- Country Hotel Brockenhurst
- Country Hotel New Park Manor
- New Park Manor Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to New Park Manor, a luxury family spa hotel in the New Forest. Relax in our spa, play croquet on the lawn, enjoy afternoon tea on the terrace or some family time in our gardens. New Park Manor offers the perfect destination for anyone wishing to explore and appreciate the unique mosaic of woodland, heathland and wetland that comprise the ancient landscape of the New Forest. The New Forest, Britain's most popular national park, was created by William the Conqueror in 1079 as a royal hunting area. In 1611, King Charles II chose New Park Manor as his favourite hunting lodge and his royal coat of arms is still displayed prominently above the fireplace in our award-winning Stag Restaurant. New Park Manor was carefully adapted for use as a country house hotel with 21 bedrooms and opened in 1970. Interesting details such as acorns and oak leaf patterned doors and original furniture and fireplaces can still be seen throughout the building. These commemorate the debt owed by King Charles to the oak tree which hid him from Cromwell's men on his escape to France in 1651. Today, New Park Manor is a beautiful, stylish country hotel, where the traditions of days gone by still live on and many original features can still be seen around the hotel. Bedrooms range from the splendor of our Barbara Villiers Family Suite to the contemporary style of our Forest rooms. Over recent years, our facilities have expanded to include a heated outdoor pool, croquet lawn, and our award-winning Bath House Spa which included a heated indoor pool and outdoor Canadian hot tub overlooking the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your New Park Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.