“Great relaxation for parents!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New Park Manor

Save Saved
You added New Park Manor to your Saves list
New Park Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lyndhurst Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7QH, England   |
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Brockenhurst
Mayford
“Great relaxation for parents!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Superbly designed family friendly hotel giving a great break for parents. With a creche and lots of nice touches to keep the kids busy and a nice spa, it's a great place to go for parent to have a break.
The creche is open up to 6 hours a day and well run. The spa is good though there was some confusion on whether kids could go in the jacuzzi or not - we got asked to move out by staff but subsequently saw signs that said children only weren't allowed in the hot tub
Only gripe is that whilst the food is excellent, the portions are small and some of the pricing is excessive e.g. £2.20 for a small cup of juice for the kids
The staff are really helpful and do everything they can to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable for kids
It is expensive but money well spent!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I'm really pleased to read that you all had a lovely time with us. I am sorry for the confusion over the hot tub. The recommendations that we have been given are that under 16's should not used the hot tub due to the temperature of the water. I will make sure that better signage is used in future. We hope that you will come back and see us soon.
Thanks again for the feedback.

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
South Harting, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went for a short stay over Halloween during the half term holidays. Loads of supervised activities and facilities laid on for children allowing us a few hours to relax in the very comfortable lounge and make use of the excellent spa. Very relaxed atmosphere created by the friendly staff and a nice informality and flexible approach to things like when and where the children eat etc meant that we felt exceptionally welcome and were able to relax as a family. Stayed in one of the older, larger rooms with two fold out beds (one sofa bed and one extra bed). Beautiful features and views out over the grounds. All the food we had there was of a very high standard. We look forward to another stay in the future

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm really pleased that you had a great time with us over Halloween. The staff really enjoyed it too as we love having lots of kids around and waking the house up with their laughter. My personal highlight was when the kids wrapped Natalie and I up in toilet roll and stormed around with the kids, great fun....albeit a bit warm!!! We hope that you get chance to come and see us again very soon.
Ruislip, Middlesex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The staff are very friendly and make your stay very enjoyable. The pool is great and kids can swim early morning or mid afternoon, so the pool is fairly quiet in between. There is a creche that looks after the little one's whilst mum and dad can enjoy the Spa or have a break. Food is good and the rooms are nice in the old part of the building .
The lady (Tracy R) who recently made a post about all the kids around the hotel, this is a family hotel and that's what is advertised on the tin!
Would definately return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I'm so pleased to read that you both had a great time with us here. I hope the Duke of Edinburgh went really well and he had a great time doing it. We hope that you get chance to come back and see us again very soon.
Best wishes and thanks again for the lovely feedback.
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I phoned a while ago to book for a sunday night for myself and my 15 year old son who needed to be in the New Forest area early Monday morning. 'Ben' answered the phone and went through room requirements in detail. two months later we turned up to be told we were upgraded (a first). our room was lovely they said they wanted us to have a big enough room for my sons duke of Edinburgh equipment (they remembered!!!) and we could have our own beds. We stayed in the new wing. it was so comfortable, quiet although the hotel was full. Staff were amazingly attentive and my son and I adored it. we went for a long walk then went to the spa. at 4pm the spa was pretty noisy as they allowed children in until 6 after 6 it was very peaceful. the following morning my son had early breakfast in bed - fantastic. I then went much later and chatted to a lovely couple from Essex who were without young children but loved the hotel. I found the family friendly yet upmarket atmosphere an absolute blessing and the staff couldnt do enough for you. I had been recommended the hotel by a close friend of mine who has never been with children. I will go back with my son and my friend in the New Year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Great to read that you both had a lovely time with us. I hope that your sons Duke of Edinburgh Award went well and he had good fun doing it.....and probably rather muddy too I would imagine! I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms and it gave you some more space too. We hope that you get the chance to come back and see us again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location. the grounds are amazing. the inside of the hotel is modern and historical. our room was on the top floor and was not small at all. it was lovely and comfy. the breakfast was also great. didnt use the spa but sounded great. also really good for children!

• Stayed October 2012
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm really pleased that you had a lovely time with us. You must come back and use the Spa next time as it's just lovely and relaxing! Also when you come back, you will see that we have refurbished the room that you stayed in as we are refurbishing the whole top floor of rooms in the eves, stripping them back completely, putting lovely pieces of furniture in and putting in new bathrooms with lovely showers too.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our first hotel stay with a 9 month old boy (24th-27th Oct 2012) and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The hotel was stylish, comfortable and a GREAT SPA. The communal areas were fantastic and BRILLIANT FOR CHILDREN. We will definitely go back as the access to the New Forest was excellent. Our ensuite room was a good size with fantastically comfortable bed/linen and the baby cot was also good. However, the shower was pretty much useless and you could not stand up in the shower due to the sloping roof. This was the only disappointing part of our stay, so I would recommend avoiding the rooms on the top floor. Phone up and check as this wasn't the cheapest room available either. The breakfast was exactly what I always hope for when I stay in a hotel but do not always get. It also started early and the staff were really helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I'm really pleased that you all had a lovely time with us here and enjoyed the facilities and surrounding area. I fully understand your comments regarding the bathrooms. I'm not sure if the team told you but all of the rooms on the top floor in the eves of the house are being refurbished completely, including lovely new bathrooms, from the middle of Nov. They will be back on sale early spring and will be fantastic for families. I hope that you get the chance to come back and see us again soon, and will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team here.
Steve & the Team
Bournemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the weekend 27th October, what a dreadful shock, every aspect of the hotel has changed beyond recognition, we stayed here 3 years ago, it was the most relaxing, luxiourious, child free, & proffecionally run hotel we had ever stayed in. We have 3 young boys & were in need of a romantic, stress free, child free break, when booking this break on the website, I only wanted to obtain a phone number so there was no need to read about the hotel itself, I fully explained upon booking what sort of weekend we wanted at no time was I informed that the hotel had changed into a family friendly hotel & that young children would be joining us in the spa, including the hydrothearapy pool! , the dinning room & all communial areas of the hotel. As a couple on our own there was no escape!!. THIS NO LONGER a luxury spa hotel, our room en-suit facilities were ridiculous, I do not call bashing your head on the slopping walls every time you wanted to use the bath & toilet a luxury. As I said a crying shame to have changed such a beautiful historic manor house into what looked like on arrival a nursery school class room, including colouring in drawings stuck on the walls. NOT A PLACE FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT CHILDREN IN TOW !!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newpark76, General Manager at New Park Manor, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am sorry to read that you did not have an enjoyable experience with us. As you right state, the hotel is now a family friendly hotel and is part of the Luxury Family Hotels group since Dec last year. Reading your comments regarding the low ceilings in your room, I must assume that you stayed in one of the bedrooms in the eves of the house. I am sorry that you did not get the opportunity to visit our website as this would have given you all of the information regarding the low sloping ceiling in the rooms in the eves and that we are a family friendly hotel. I will most certainly speak to our reservations team to ensure that we advise couples going forward that we are part of the Luxury Family Hotels and that we welcome children and families into the hotel. Part of the service in the hotel is to allow the children some swim times in the pool from 8-10 & 3-6, giving the adults some quiet time in the spa at all other times. I hope that you still enjoyed your time in the New Forest but am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us.
Kind regard
Steve & the Team.

Been to New Park Manor? Share your experiences!