“Great Spa Day” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa

Save Saved
You added Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa to your Saves list
Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
4.0 of 5 Spa   |   Lyndhurst Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7RH, England   |
Special Offer
FREE 60 Minute Treatment
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Brockenhurst
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great Spa Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went for a spa day for my Mum's birthday, we had such a lovely time, arrived at about 8:45am we were shown around the spa then went for breakfast which was very nice. All the spa facilities are great, especially everything in the hydro room. All staff were very friendly & helpful. A 2 course lunch was included in our package which was delicious! After that we went for our treatments, I had a head massage, not the best I've had, but still very good! The spa did become very busy for a Monday so I can't imagine what it must be like on a weekend, however we had a wonderful day and left feeling very relaxed! Wouldn't hesitate to visit again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your recent experience at SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your spa day with us, and look forward to welcoming you both back once again.

1,342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to visit here for a friends birthday celebration.
I can only describe it as utterly tranquil and perfect from start to finish!
We arrived at 9am and were shown around senspa. After a cup of tea in the zen garden restaraunt we went off and enjoyed the spa. The hydrotherapy pool was wonderful, the dim lighting makes it so relaxing, I could have spent the entire time in there. The crystal steam room and sauna were great too. The ice room was fun - definitely an experience. We snoozed on the warm beds upstairs and again, found it hard not to stay there all day!
The 2 course Thai lunch was absolutely fabulous. 5 friends joined us for lunch and of the party of 10, every single person thought it was fantastic. Worth travelling to the hotel for the lunch alone!
The hotel room was spacious and really comfortable, can't fault it.
Our evening meal was amazing too, fabulous menu. I had a lovely risotto with onions and leek for a starter, char grilled sea bass for main, and a lovely peanut and banana bread pudding for dessert.
Initially I thought the cost of this break was a little expensive compared to others, however having been there and experienced the luxury, the amazing service, and the fantastic food, I think it is worth EVERY penny.
I will definitely be returning :-)

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

It is always a pleasure to learn our guests have thoroughly enjoyed their stay, from relaxing in the tranquility of SenSpa to indulging in our restaurants.

I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the future.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are back from celebrating my 40th birthday and we could not recommend Careys Manor Hotel and Senspa highly enough.
From the moment we arrived the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble and every service was impeccable.
The Hydro Spa facilities were beautiful, relaxing and inviting. The food both in the Zen Garden and the Manor Restaurant was absolutely delicious and had us cooing for hours. The accommodation was homely and luxurious, with every facility included tea and coffee, hair dryer, robes, slippers, iron (only if you have to!), toiletries and of course the beautiful surroundings of the New Forest.
We genuinely did not want to leave. After a weekend here, you will just want to book again. We do!

Room Tip: We booked the Knightwood rooms - 96 and 97 over by the Senspa. Very quiet, with our balcony overloo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely feedback following youre recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your 40th birthday, and am happy we were able to help make it an occasion you will remember.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I cannot fault the hotel, the location is fantastic and the staff were very friendly. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and the manor house itself is very welcoming and comfortable. The restaurant had good service and a really unusual menu which left me spoilt for choice. The restaurant has a dress code so make sure you take your shoes, this isn't mentioned when booking on their website. I booked through the website and was told that the rate included access to the Spa. This turned out to be not entirely true, we could use some of the facilities but not any of the hydrotherapy area. When I asked a member of staff they said (somewhat rudely, after making me wait around for a while) I would have to pay an additional £25 per person to use these facilities. Every other guest just waited until the door was open and sneaked in, in hindsight perhaps we should have done that. It is a shame that this policy ruined our stay slightly, I think my review would have been 5 stars otherwise.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a nice patio area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your constructive review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and am grateful of your kind feedback towards the staff and Hotel.

I am sorry you felt let down by the Hydrotherapy facilities in SenSpa, noticing guests taking advantage of the current coded door system. We are aware of this and are currently having a new system put in place, therefore I hope you will make full use of these facilities during your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been here several times before and will go again. It is a splendid hotel in a beautiful part of the New Forest.
We had a "superior" room which was indeed excellent.
However, the the same thing can't be said for the ensuite which was only what might be expected in a budget room.
The shower had a fixed head set high making it impossible for a woman to shower without wearing a shower cap (supplied). The toilet didn't flush well. The room was small and cramped.
Food and service were excellent and we all felt very comfortable and welcome.
The public areas are looking a bit tired i.e. carpets and decor.
Everything else is very good including the spa.
We enjoyed our stay very much and will go again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

It is always a pleasure to hear of our guests returning, and I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay once again.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Mayenne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. We enjoyed beautiful meals with excellent service from friendly and attentive staff. The hotel sits in lovely grounds and there is so much to do. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your praise.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

It was my birthday and my partner took me there as a treat. Had a lovely time, room was fantastic and the manor restaurant was absolutely top notch. Service always extremely attentive anywhere in the hotel.
The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because while we were in the (beautiful) spa, we asked about the herbal hydrotherapy room, and it was an additional £25 per person on top of the base price, and the door required a code, while we saw at least 15 people letting each other into it by holding the door or knocking, which put us off buying the extra access since lots of people were taking advantage.
Will definitely be back though!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and am grateful of your praise towards the Hotel and team.

I am sorry you felt put off by the Hydrotherapy facilities in SenSpa, noticing guests taking advantage of the current coded door system. We are aware of this and are currently having a new system put in place, therefore I hope you will take adavantage of these facilities on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!