“Great Spa Day” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa

You added Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa to your Saves list
Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
4.0 of 5 Spa   |   Lyndhurst Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7RH, England   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Great Spa Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went for a spa day for my Mum's birthday, we had such a lovely time, arrived at about 8:45am we were shown around the spa then went for breakfast which was very nice. All the spa facilities are great, especially everything in the hydro room. All staff were very friendly & helpful. A 2 course lunch was included in our package which was delicious! After that we went for our treatments, I had a head massage, not the best I've had, but still very good! The spa did become very busy for a Monday so I can't imagine what it must be like on a weekend, however we had a wonderful day and left feeling very relaxed! Wouldn't hesitate to visit again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your recent experience at SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your spa day with us, and look forward to welcoming you both back once again.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We are back from celebrating my 40th birthday and we could not recommend Careys Manor Hotel and Senspa highly enough.
From the moment we arrived the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble and every service was impeccable.
The Hydro Spa facilities were beautiful, relaxing and inviting. The food both in the Zen Garden and the Manor Restaurant was absolutely delicious and had us cooing for hours. The accommodation was homely and luxurious, with every facility included tea and coffee, hair dryer, robes, slippers, iron (only if you have to!), toiletries and of course the beautiful surroundings of the New Forest.
We genuinely did not want to leave. After a weekend here, you will just want to book again. We do!

Room Tip: We booked the Knightwood rooms - 96 and 97 over by the Senspa. Very quiet, with our balcony overloo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your lovely feedback following youre recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your 40th birthday, and am happy we were able to help make it an occasion you will remember.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I cannot fault the hotel, the location is fantastic and the staff were very friendly. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and the manor house itself is very welcoming and comfortable. The restaurant had good service and a really unusual menu which left me spoilt for choice. The restaurant has a dress code so make sure you take your shoes, this isn't mentioned when booking on their website. I booked through the website and was told that the rate included access to the Spa. This turned out to be not entirely true, we could use some of the facilities but not any of the hydrotherapy area. When I asked a member of staff they said (somewhat rudely, after making me wait around for a while) I would have to pay an additional £25 per person to use these facilities. Every other guest just waited until the door was open and sneaked in, in hindsight perhaps we should have done that. It is a shame that this policy ruined our stay slightly, I think my review would have been 5 stars otherwise.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a nice patio area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dan H
Thank you for your constructive review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and am grateful of your kind feedback towards the staff and Hotel.

I am sorry you felt let down by the Hydrotherapy facilities in SenSpa, noticing guests taking advantage of the current coded door system. We are aware of this and are currently having a new system put in place, therefore I hope you will make full use of these facilities during your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thorpe Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been here several times before and will go again. It is a splendid hotel in a beautiful part of the New Forest.
We had a "superior" room which was indeed excellent.
However, the the same thing can't be said for the ensuite which was only what might be expected in a budget room.
The shower had a fixed head set high making it impossible for a woman to shower without wearing a shower cap (supplied). The toilet didn't flush well. The room was small and cramped.
Food and service were excellent and we all felt very comfortable and welcome.
The public areas are looking a bit tired i.e. carpets and decor.
Everything else is very good including the spa.
We enjoyed our stay very much and will go again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

It is always a pleasure to hear of our guests returning, and I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay once again.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Mayenne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. We enjoyed beautiful meals with excellent service from friendly and attentive staff. The hotel sits in lovely grounds and there is so much to do. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your praise.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

It was my birthday and my partner took me there as a treat. Had a lovely time, room was fantastic and the manor restaurant was absolutely top notch. Service always extremely attentive anywhere in the hotel.
The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because while we were in the (beautiful) spa, we asked about the herbal hydrotherapy room, and it was an additional £25 per person on top of the base price, and the door required a code, while we saw at least 15 people letting each other into it by holding the door or knocking, which put us off buying the extra access since lots of people were taking advantage.
Will definitely be back though!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and am grateful of your praise towards the Hotel and team.

I am sorry you felt put off by the Hydrotherapy facilities in SenSpa, noticing guests taking advantage of the current coded door system. We are aware of this and are currently having a new system put in place, therefore I hope you will take adavantage of these facilities on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at careys Manor with my daughter, my Mother's Day treat. We stayed for one night but with 2 days spa experience. We arrived at midday and had a wonderful 2 course lunch in the Zen Garden restaurant. Spent the afternoon in the spa which was very relaxing. The thermal beds are great, and the hydrotherapy pool very therapeutic. Dinner in the manor restaurant was very nice, we had the three course meal, which was excellent and beautifully arranged on the plate. It was very quiet in the restaurant and lacked a little atmosphere, but did not spoil our meal.
We had a twin bedroom by the garden, a Knightwood room, which was very spacious and clean, and opened on to a small garden with 2 chairs and table.
We had breakfast in the Zen Garden restaurant. Food was very nice and plenty of it, but we were the only ones there for the whole time. Would have preferred to have eaten in the manor restaurant, where I assume everyone else was.
We spent the rest of the day back in the spa, after a walk to the village of brockenhurst a little way down the road. A great time, and wonderful treat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, relaxing in our Award Winning facilities in SenSpa, and indulging in both our Zen Garden and Manor Restaurants.

We encourage our Spa Break and Spa Day guests to enjoy breakfast in The Zen Garden Restaurant so they may dine in their robes to begin their SenSpa experience. However, should you prefer to dine in our Manor Restaurant for breakfast during your next visit, you are most welcome to do so. Please inform one of the Reception Team upon your arrival and they will arrange this for you.

I look forward to welcoming yourself and your daughter back for another relaxing break in the future.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockenhurst
Montagu Arms Hotel
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in New Milton
4.5 of 5 stars 1,278 reviews

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!