“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa

You added Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa to your Saves list
Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa
4.0 of 5 Spa   |   Lyndhurst Road, New Forest National Park, Brockenhurst SO42 7RH, England   |
Special Offer
FREE products & treatment
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Brockenhurst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a great stay here. The Spa is amazing. The treatments were well worth the money. The food was incredible and we were really impressed with the service. Special mention to Terry who was incredibly helpful in providing advice about the area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TLyonShaw, Manager at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am thrilled to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, and am particularly greatful of your prasie towards Terry. He has only been with the Hotel a short time, but is already a valued member of the team, and will be commended for his high level of customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thomas Lyon-shaw
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visited Carey's Manor to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. The whole hotel seems geared up to make sure that you relax and don't have to worry about a thing. We arrived way before check in, so that we could make the most of the Senspa passes we had bought. We expected to have to leave luggage etc in the car and check in to the hotel later, but we could check in early, leave lugagge at reception and then spend the day in the spa, knowing that everything would be ready for us at 3pm. We didn't leave the spa until 5.30pm, though, as it was so wonderful! I would recommend upgrading to the hydrotherapy day passes, as they you can enjoy all the wonderful spa facilities, as opposed to just pool/jacuzzi/sauna/ steam room that you get as a hotel guest. The only slight issue was that my husband said that the men's changing rooms for the spa/ pool were very small and cramped.
Our room was wonderful, dinner was lovely and the staff were fantastic. Very helpful and friendly and seemed genuinely interested in making sure our stay was comfortable. Breakfast was also excellent. A superb hotel, we will definitely visit again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and am very greatful of your praise towards the team.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed for two nights to celebrate my husbands birthday. The hotel was lovely, a very nice man showed us around the hotel and bought our bags to our room and parked our car. The spa facilities are great, and room was lovely.
Negatives were the pool was very cold, and not much space around pool for loungers. We had the dinner, bed and breakfast break, the breakfasts were super but we were disappointed with the dinner. Firstly we are both vegetarian and there is a limited choice, also food very disappointing. The hotel were very understanding when we told them we would like to eat out of the hotel for dinner on the second night. The manager offered to pay for a taxi for us and gave us £60 off our final bill when we checked out. The restaurant was full so maybe we thought it is just the vegetarian food that wasn't up to much. Overall we had a great stay and would recommend the hotel and spa facilities for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

Your kind words towards the team, hotel and SenSpa are greatly appreciated and will be shared with all.

I am sorry that you felt our vegetarian offering was limited, but am pleased you have shared your experience as I will be discussing your feedback with our Executive Chef so we may expand upon our current offering.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My boyfriend took me here for Valentines day. We had a very helpful gentleman bring the car round to nearer our room and bring in our bags as unfortunatley I was on crutches at the time. Our room was lovely, very clean and a pretty view of the garden. Dinner was gorgeous and the staff were amazing too. The only slight negative is that the drinks are quite expensive, however we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate Valentines Day, and am greatful of your praise towards the hotel and the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed on Saturday night to celebrate an anniversary and valentine's day. Our package included dinner in the Manor restaurant, bed and breakfast. The hotel is in a fantastic location and I'm really glad I chose this one compared to some of the other hotels nearby. Having a spa on site is a real bonus. The facilities themselves are available to other hotels I believe but being able to get ready in your own room and take a short walk to the spa is a real advantage. The spa facilities are excellent. We paid an additional upgrade fee to use the separate hydrotherapy room and I'm really glad we did. The pool and experience showers were simply superb and very relaxing. It did get a bit busy at one point but it's understandable considering the facilities on offer. When you upgrade and pay the additional fee you're given a door code to access the facilities although it didn't seem to be strictly controlled with some people tail gating behind. Nevertheless a great experience. The food is excellent and the wine menu contains high quality products with a good range of prices. I can't fault the breakfast or dinner and staff were exceptional in their level of service. My only criticism with the room was the shower is in the bath and raised up quite a bit. If you're over 6'3" like me it means having to crouch to avoid hitting your head on the ceiling. The rest of the room however was immaculate and well decorated and very clean. Despite the relatively high price for one night I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: A ground floor garden room is an excellent choice. Nice seating area outside to relax in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positve review following your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay to celebrate your anniversary and Valentines Day. Our leisure facilites are indeed available to guests who stay at our sister hotel, the Montagu Arms in Beaulieu, however I am pleased you were able to make full use of them and relax during your stay.

Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Pluses of Careys Manor:-
- Character, manor is a lovely timber historic building
- Staff - excellent welcome and introduction. Restaurant staff are extremely well trained and kind.
- Food - brilliant fresh breakfasts,buffet or to order.
- Manor restaurant - are THE best pork main course (joul and fillet) that we have EVER tasted inc. Michelin.
- Hydrotherapy - great range of facilities to while away time.
- Room - Top floor manor rooms brilliantly quiet.
- Location - 5 mins into New Forest for walks.
Downsides of Careys Manor (not many)
- Main leisure area requires more loungers
- Main pool was a bit cloudy.
- Fixed Manor menu a bit limited after 3 night stay.
All in all a great place to unwind, very calm, very serene - hope to return!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent stay at Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, making full use of the facilities on offer at the Hotel, and going out to explore the beauty of the New Forest.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

we stayed last night for our wedding anniversary. on first impressions, the outside of the hotel reminded me of a motel. I was slightly worried that I had made a mistake with my research as I thought the whole hotel would look like a manor. however, it seems that only the front is like this. we were taken to our room by a very helpful man who told us all about the history of the new forest. the corridors were dated apart from the entrance to the sen spa. the whole hotel should be kitted out like that in my opinion.
our room was lovely and spacious with a sofa. it was at the rear of the hotel so very near to the sen spa entrance. we used the spa and quickly decided to upgrade as the free facilities lacked ambience and tranquility. the sen spa facilities were great especially the hydrotherapy pool and experience showers. I had a facial massage which was enjoyable but I have had better elsewhere.
the evening meal in the parisen restaurant le blaireau was amazing. best three course meal I have had in a while. I recommend the lamb ! my husbands steak was huge. service was brilliant too.
comfy bed, breakfast was delivered to our room. I had poached eggs which were lovely. overall, the stay was pleasant, the spa was lovely if you upgrade, the hotel needs updating in places but for a 1 night stay in a spacious room like the oakwood, its a great getaway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed you stay with us to celebrate your anniversary. Your kind feedback towards the team, and your dining experience in Le Blaireau Bistro & Bar is greatly appreciated and will be shared with all.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa? Share your experiences!