My husband and i stayed at The Pig just for one night but it was the perfect getaway for our first night alone since having a baby. Loved the whole ambience and vibe - like Babington House but less pretentious and better value. Massage in the treatment shed was amazing and loved the cocktails and breakfast especially. Two things that let it down for me. Firstly our room wasn't ready when we arrived. It didn't really matter as we just sat in the bar and had a drink whilst we waited but i would just expect for a hotel like this to ensure the rooms are ready by 3pm. The other disappointment for me was the room itself. We had a comfy luxe room and it says most have baths on the website. Ours didn't however, and despite having a fab rainforest style shower, i still felt a bit cheated.
Overall though The Pig is a fab hotel and i would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is the baby sister of Lime Wood – with a little attitude! It is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment.......It’s really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden.... everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef – they grow and find the food – the chef then makes the menu. Our style is home grown in every way – breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won’t be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park