We just had dinner at the Pig and loved it - it was recommended to us and we are so glad we booked a table. Unusual foraged local menu, fantastic atmosphere, great bar and lovely shabby chic highly stylised setting.
We had a cocktail in the bar - which is oaky and atmospheric with large leather chairs and cool period features. We then dined in the vintage conservatory - ate some 'piggy bits' followed by superbly cooked main meals (melt in your mouth beef and a pork chop). Great wine list and somewhere a little bit different for food with a creative menu. Looking forward to our next visit - next time we will stay over!
Two course meal, bottle of wine, two cocktails and service approx £100 - perfect treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is the baby sister of Lime Wood – with a little attitude! It is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment.......It’s really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden.... everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef – they grow and find the food – the chef then makes the menu. Our style is home grown in every way – breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won’t be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and MrandMrsSmith so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park