Was staying over the weekend in the New Forest,saw the reviews and thought it worth a visit.Tried to a get a table in the restaurant for two evenings running but fully booked so they must be something right.Decided to go along for a drink and found it to be a charming building decorated in a pretty masculine but very attractive fashion.Cocktail bar particularly pleasing.Overall very nice envirionment.Slow but pleasant waitress service and papers to read while you wait.Downside-£6 for a beer,come on.Food also looked as though it was priced on the top side.Over priced and I think you'd struggle to say that it represents value for money but if they feel that they can get away with it due to its other attractions so be it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pig is the baby sister of Lime Wood – with a little attitude! It is a bang up to date take on a new style of home grown, 26 bedroom country house hotel and what that needs to be today - original, relaxed and sitting comfortably within its environment.......It’s really a restaurant with rooms. This is a place that is all about the walled garden.... everything is driven by the gardener/forager and chef – they grow and find the food – the chef then makes the menu. Our style is home grown in every way – breaking the mold of designed hotels, daring to be comfortable in its own skin, working with what it has and recognising what is good about that. It won’t be perfect, it will be warm, relaxed, comfy, interesting, and homely with muted colours, a bit shabby chic and evolved rather than interior designed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith and Orbitz so you can book your The Pig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pig Hotel Brockenhurst
- Hotel Whitley Ridge
- Whitley Ridge Brockenhurst
- The Pig Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park