I have never been ripped off before by a hotel and I would advise against staying here. We booked a family room and were given room 18 which was awful. The view out of the window was of a flat of roof above the kitchen. There were horrible noises coming from extractor fans which would be impossible to sleep with. The first thing I did was complain after being charged £260 a night for this room. They said we could upgrade to a suite for another £60. Stupidly we did.Upon reflection I wished we should have left and found another hotel.This is the part we were most annoyed about. I also would prefer if the hotel manager doesn't reply stating that they are a family run business and they are doing everything they can to update the hotel. You should not be charging such a premium rate for hotel that is not up to 4 star standard.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star New Forest Hotel set in the heart of the New Forest National Park in Hampshire. The Balmer Lawn is a family-owned country house hotel set in beautiful surroundings. Leisure, wedding and conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.