Wonderful old hotel but with all mod cons. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We had a beautifully furnished room at the end of the building which was lovely and quiet (apart from the wind howling!!). Truly dog-friendly - pooch had a cuddle at reception and there was a bowl and mat waiting for her in our room. Although you cannot take dogs into the restaurant area there were some tables laid out for the dog-owners in the lounge for breakfast which was a bonus. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The other half went to the pool on the Saturday afternoon but it was packed and he only stayed 10 minutes as it and the jacuzzi were so busy. The bar area is cosy with a real-look fire and comfy chairs. The hotel is 10 minutes walk to the village with a variety of pubs and restaurants, but take a torch! Fantastic walks straight from the hotel into the New Forest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star New Forest Hotel set in the heart of the New Forest National Park in Hampshire. The Balmer Lawn is a family-owned country house hotel set in beautiful surroundings. Leisure, wedding and conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Orbitz, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Balmer Lawn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balmer Lawn Hotel Brockenhurst
- Balmer Lawn Brockenhurst, New Forest National Park