Wow, where do I start?!
This is an immaculately clean B&B. It's beautifully appointed everywhere, from the welcoming entrance-way, to the immaculate carpeting and a games cupboard outside the rooms, and the rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. I particularly loved the soft leather easy chairs in the sitting area - so comfy and welcoming to come back to after a long day. It's one of the first times I've felt I could spend whole weeks in a room, it was so nice! The lighting was adaptable and well thought out, the TV had a reasonable choice of channels, the bed was nice and large, the connecting room was just as beautiful and comfortable, and the shower/WC room immaculate - with well-designed use of space. In fact, the design everywhere was very modern and plush, and made you feel you were staying in someone's beloved home, rather than solely a B&B/Guest House. It matches any boutique hotel I've stayed in, perhaps the rooms were slightly smaller overall but that would be the only difference.
This was the highlight of the trip, and again I would point out that this matches any hotel's! The hot food was perfectly cooked - and Glenn went out of his way to ensure there was sufficient haddock for our requirements on the breakfast menu! The fresh fruit salad was gorgeous! There was a good range of choices for both hot and cold foods. The toast was made with good quality bread, there was real butter, and good coffee. Service was good. The environment was lovely too, with great attention to detail, with impeccable cleanliness and newness of the breakfast items used by guests.
Glenn was very helpful in making sure we had plates, glasses, and a corkscrew for a takeaway when we arrived fairly late. He also gave us good advance directions for a trip we had to make. We felt it was a nice mix of being accessible and friendly, and feel he has an extremely beautiful and well-appointed accommodation that he can be very proud to show to guests. It was nice to have a booklet telling the history of the property, and giving directions about various room fittings.
There were three of us - a couple and a teen - and our rooms (interconnecting) were £60 for all three of us, per night, for the best B&B we've ever had! The quality of the room and the breakfast could easily justify a higher charge, particularly for three. Our budget was very tight, so it was just perfect in every way for us. Highly recommended!
TAKE-AWAYS/RESTAURANTS in Bude we highly RECOMMEND!
* TIANI ("Fine Asian Dining" - Chinese/Thai): We were so glad we found it. There is 30% off on takeaways, so it's actually an excellent discount and very reasonable - and the food is AMAZING!!!
* MIRCHI (Indian): Wonderful food, excellent quality, really creamy sauces. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Dylan's Guest House Bude, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Five minute's walk from the beach, dylan's is an AA four Star Highly Commended guest house. At this lovingly refurbished late victorian seaside villa you will find simple, unfussy decor, spacious bedrooms, large beds, modern bathrooms and original victorian features mixed with modern art prints and objects. The breakfast room offers a help yourself buffet table and a cooked to order hot menu that includes fish, 'full english' and healthier alternatives. ... more less