“fantastic breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 50 Bude B&B and Inns
surrey
“fantastic breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

stayed her one night, booked late, but staff very helpful, just travelled back from oz, journey of nearly 40 hours, all my emails were replied to en route,with regards to my late booking, and when I arrived with my dog,after picking him up from a nearby kennels, I was given a dog friendly room, quite small but adequate for a very tired traveller, bed very comfy, breakfast fantastic, and the lovely staff brought my dinner up on a tray as I was so exhausted, the food was amazing, really yummy, thanks for a very welcomed break

Room Tip: a first floor room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Elements B, Owner at Elements Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us and so glad we were able to look after you after your long journey home. We hope to welcome you back again. Best wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I called up their web page for directions as my work had reserved a room. I figured a boutique hotelbistro called Elements with a bright pink logo, sat on top of a cliff just south of Bude was either going to be either very good or very bad. I'm pleased to report it was the former.

The room was nicely laid out, clean and comfy. The water pressure in the attic room could have been a bit stronger and the TV remote was missing but these weren't major issues.

Considering it was a school night with rain coming in sideways off the Atlantic in the middle of winter, it was surprising to see the bistro half full; a welcome change to some of the near-empty hotel dining rooms I'd been in over the previous four days. The team were really welcoming, the food really well done and reasonably priced.

Breakfast was well organised. I liked the option of a smaller cooked breakfast. There was a nice view out to sea from my breakfast table.

I've figured that if I've had a positive experience in the middle of winter for a working stopover, a leisure stay in the summer would be terrific. I might just give it a go!

• Stayed January 2013
Elements B, Owner at Elements Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to read you received a warm welcome and we really hope you will come back with your family in the near future. We look forward to serving you again. Best wishes
Bude, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Chadds of Bude held their annual Christmas Meal here at Elements. We had over 20 people attend and we expected the food to take its time to come out, but it didn't. When it arrived the food was lovely and to everyones liking. The atmosphere was very friendly and everyone felt welcome. Good time was had by all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Elements B, Owner at Elements Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. It's super to read you enjoyed our food, service and atmosphere. We hope to welcome you back to elements in the future. Best wishes Team Elements
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited for 2 nights at the beginning of Feb 2013. Room very clean well equipped, breakfasts excellent, good location. Had dinner both nights, food very good service excellent even though they were very busy We were very comfortable and the owner was very approachable and accommodating and staff very helpful A1 stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Elements B, Owner at Elements Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for making the effort to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased to read you had a great stay and enjoyed dining with us. We hope to welcome you back to Elements again. Kind regards from all at Elements.
Sidmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

the owner could hardly be bothered with guests he has sisters as staff who carry the whole place. thank you to them the place is cold ok its on the top of a cliff and yes i was brought up on widemouth beach but make it warm and appealing not plastic chairs. the food was not particularly italian quite tacky i would say. thanks for the newspapers you condescendingly slapped on our breakfast table what ever eh

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Elements B, Manager at Elements Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Sir, We find this review quite upsetting. I can confirm that the owner does not have any sisters. I understand you were told you could not use your Pirate Dining FM voucher as it stated it was for a minimum of 4 people and you were a group of 2. We apologised for this but we have to stick to the rules laid down. With regards to the newspapers being slapped down, they were left on the reception desk for you. We are sorry you did not like the decor. It is very hard to appeal to everyone's tastes and if you care to read other reviews you will see how we are praised for our decor and warmth from the owner and our team. With kind regards Elements.
Barnstaple,North Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stunning location,we went in January for and overnight stay,can imagine its fab in the summer with large outdoor decking areas overlooking Bude and the stunning coastline.
On arrival we were greeted by a young man Who was extremely helpful and welcoming.
Our room was clean and pleasant,with flat screen tv .
downstairs is funky but cosy at the same time,food was A1 couldn't fault it...and staff were all amazing,especially the young guy that really looked after us,what a hard worker,nothing was too much trouble.
We would most definitely return and I would highly recommend you stay here.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us and we're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and dining experience with us. I am equally pleased that you were so well looked after by our staff. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Best wishes from us all.
Doncaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed at the Elements for a week on business. The staff were some of the friendliest I have ever come across, who immediately introduced themselves on check in and shook your hand, and I spend most weeks living in hotels. The restaurant was just superb, and I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed every meal, instead of just eating it because it was in front of me.

Rooms were very good, and my only gripe would be the compact bathroom size, but I would not let that detract from the overall stay at all.

Very highly recommended for leisure or business, and thanks to Jamie and Danny!!.

Room Tip: Look on line at the room specs which are brilliantly and honestly described with photos.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for writing your review about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed the warmth from Jamie and his team, we really try to make everyone feel at home and welcome. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with the rest of the team and we hope to welcome you back again for leisure or business in the near future. All th best.

Been to Elements Hotel? Share your experiences!