“Dinner for two.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trevigue Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bude
Trevigue Bed and Breakfast
You added Trevigue Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Crackington Haven, Bude EX23 0LQ, England   |
Ranked #14 of 50 Bude B&B and Inns
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Dinner for two.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were invited to have a meal in the farmhouse during a weekend away in January.We booked up for the restaurant as we'd been before and loved it.As we were the only diners that evening,Gayle sat us in the farmhouse instead of the restaurant.It was gorgeous.We were shown round the B&B,as they have recently taken it over,and have done it up really nice,the bedrooms are divine.Looking forward to staying there soon.Fantastic place,setting is to die for.Will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked into Trevigue for my husbands 40th birthday treat. We walk along the coastal footpath and down to Stangles Beach regularly and I knew he would love it.

The welcome we received was warm and friendly. We had drinks on arrival and afterwards a delicious meal.When I say delicious, I mean the best food I have ever tasted. What a cook Gayle Crocker is!

Our room was fantastic. Comfortable and cosy.
The surrounding area is breathtaking,but we knew that already!
We will definitely be back for another stay at Trevigue, and I wouod not hesitate in recommending a stay there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Launceston, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We visited the restaurant only so cannot comment on the accommodation. The menu was varied with a wide choice of dishes. The quality of the food was excellent - well cooked and presented. We weren't hurried which enabled a very relaxing evening. I would certainly return.

• Stayed December 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Arrived on a miserable cold, wet afternoon dreaming of log fires, tea, warmth... Within a few minutes we were lounging on a deep sofa in front of a blazing wood burner, while Francis brought us tea - the perfect welcome. Fantastic breakfasts, a beautiful farmhouse and superb location. A comfortable room, brilliant hospitality and nothing was too much trouble. In fact, the place felt like home after a couple of days. Just watch out for the unexpected steps!

Jan & Phil

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Biblis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We are again and again surprised how nice british cusine can be. Trevigue Farm Restaurant is another great example. After a long walk along the coast we arrived quite early, were very welcomed, got some drinks and appetisers, could choose the dinner already. Some 20 minutes later we found the dining room beautiful decorated, white linen, natural wild flowers... Earlier very nice music was switched on, a place to feel extremely well. Later we got a three course dinner which looked great, tasted very nice but honestly it was too much!. The staff/waitress was pleasingly decent and friendly. - Thank you very much for this great experience - far away from busy folks and pubs . If we could we came back very often unfortunately we live 3 hours away. Uta & Hans Wacker

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Was travelling in Devon/Cornwall and chose the Trevigue Farm more or less randomly from a few available places in or near Crackington Haven. The Trevigue consists of a set of stonewalled farm houses in a quadrangle. Of main interest were the private living quarters for B+B guests and the restaurant. The former is exceedingly well appointed and decorated in good taste. My bedroom had a decent shower (a rarity in England!) and very comfortable bed.
The restaurant is less olde-worldy in style, almost minimalist. Apparently, it is run separately from the B+B part. In any case, the food was very good indeed (I recommend in particular the fresh crab salad), the service friendly, and the wine selection good for such a remote and out-of-the-way place (I had a bottle of their Cote du Rhone, which was excellent. You can BYO with a corkage charge of 3.50 pounds). A clear indication of the quality was that despite there only being four people staying overnight at the time and the remoteness of the location, the restaurant was full. I will definitely come again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I got married in Sept 2011 at St. Genny's just over the way and we had the reception at Trevigue; staying in the B and B that night along with some friends. My family had also booked one of the houses in the week leading to the wedding - Tregather - and previously we had stayed at the B and B and have eaten in the restaurant a number of times.

The B and B is lovely and quiet and the rooms are well appointed. Breakfast is tasty and by all accounts locally sourced; the service is wonderful. Just around the corner, along a country lane, is a footpath taking you down to The Strangles, a wonderfully deserted (most of the time) beach and cliffs - worth a good few hours strolling, though remember it's a bit of a way back up!

The house we stayed in was wonderful - again, well appointed - my parents hadn't been that relaxed for years; we could come and go as we pleased, the pool was great and likewise the bbq. The only minor snag we had was that a window got jammed open at one point; but someone from the farm came and helped with it in no time at all and there was no fuss or bother. In fact everyone of the Crocker family that we spoke to were wonderful - including Crocker elder who had a bit of a word with me regarding my speed down the country road toward Boscastle; it was the morning of the wedding and I was running late but no excuses and good on him for rightly putting me in my place about the dangers of the roads locally. The reception ran really well - the food was amazing and something everyone who was there recall vividly; the professionalism and friendliness of the staff was great too - thank you to everyone once again!

Crackington Haven is indeed a lovely little Cove and if you have time do stop off and have tea on near the beach. All in all a wonderful place to stay - whichever you choose to stay in (a house or the B and B) run by genuinely lovely people. I count the days until I can go back there for another break.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Trevigue Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!