“Great place to start.” 5 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Great place to start.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My parents recently moved to Cornwall and live about 8 miles from Widemouth Bay. I had never surfed before so went with friends and had a great day and can now stand up on a surfboard! The instructors are great and take time with you to make sure you have a good chance to get up.

Visited September 2012

“Great experience and loads of fun! Rt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

break in bude travelling down from somerset as feb half term. Took daughter and friend, both aged 16. Really professional, friendly and made them both at ease as beginners. Got all the kit and 2 hours of tuition for £35 ea. They had great fun and mastered getting up on the board. If we lived there, they wld be regulars!

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Go surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went for three days for one-on-one tuition and then, a week later, one-on-two tuition for five days with my twelve year old daughter. The atmosphere at Mike's school is friendly, patient and supportive. But, no mistake, these guys want you to learn to surf. Then they want you to improve so you can get more and more out of it. So an ideal mix between a relaxed philosophy and a focus on getting you up and standing and enjoying the waves. We had two tutors - first Darren and then Bryn - both inspiring. The kit provided was excellent - we were there in October with a clean, dry winter wetsuit provided every day, boots, gloves (needed one day) and hats if required, a good range of surfboards and lots of experience about what will work best. The one-on-one coaching is obviously a bit more expensive than group lessons but in terms of value for money - very good would be my view. We were serious about learning and will return for more coaching with Mike and his team as soon as we can.

Visited October 2012
Swindon
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just done two days of lessons with Raven. First day was so good I took the children on day two and they showed they are more than able to deal with an age range of 8 to 42! Really good instruction that focused on as much time in the water as possible and meant we all really enjoyed ourselves. To cap it all, when we discovered the car battery was flat Mike produced jump leads - how's that for service? Will be going back.

Visited November 2012
“Fun times on the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had a 2 hour beginners lesson. Mike and Bryn were already on the beach when we arrived early, they were both really attentive and enthusiastic about the lesson, we didn't feel like just another paying customer. Bryn our instructor explained everything we needed to know, kept us safe in the water and was extremely helpful. The conditions were quite choppy for beginners and I found it quite difficult to get the hang of, especially with the powerful waves, but Bryn encouraged me to keep trying and built up my confidence and gave us hints and tips from her experience. She wanted us to get the most out of the lesson. We were given plenty of time in the water, even over the 2 hour allotted time. By the end of the lesson we were both standing on our boards. The overall experience was fantastic and I would definitely recommend a lesson with the Raven surf school.