“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Jade Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bude
Sea Jade Guest House
You added Sea Jade Guest House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   15 Burn View, Bude EX23 8BZ, England   |
Ranked #12 of 50 Bude B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Truro, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I decided at the last minute to have a weekend away for our wedding anniversary and we are so glad that Saf and Ann could accommodate us at Sea Jade. This lovely b&b has a really homely feel to it and every square inch is spotlessly clean. Saf and Ann made us feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We would definitely recommend Sea Jade to all our friends and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else if we head up to Bude again! :-) Well done Saf and Ann, you're definitely in the right business. Sarah x

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at Sea Jade for a good 8 weeks as I was there for a summer placement at a local pharmacy. Saf and Ann were very warm and welcoming when I first came and they have been such wonderful hosts ever since! They treated me like their daughter, taking time off and spending time with me during my off-days. I truly enjoyed my stay there. The room was very clean and the breakfast was fantastic! Trust me, Saf is a great cook. He is also a one-stop advisor for directions to scenic places (within and around Bude); great food places; and interestingly enough, weather predictions!! haha!

Ann and Saf really live up to their motto of “Come as guests and leave as friends” – I’ll always remember this couple, they made Bude even more enjoyable than it already is. It’s a stay that I’ll never forget. I highly recommend Sea Jade to anyone heading to Bude for holidays/work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
seajadeguesthouse, Owner at Sea Jade Guest House, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
We often have guests who stay for business and many stay for several weeks at a time either working in the area or studying. We are glad that you thought of Sea Jade as warm and welcoming and a home away from home.

We love to share our knowledge of Bude and its surrounding areas with our guests. We hope you will return to Bude soon and hope it isn't all work next time.

Kind Regards,

Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I and three friends stayed here for one night at the start of a 5-day hike along the Cornish Coast path. We were made very welcome by our delightful host, Saf, who also gave us much helpful advice about the town. Our room was comfortable and the breakfast good. Saf also helped very much with the logistics of our hike as I needed to get our car to Padstow. He arranged a secure parking spot for me on the outskirts of Padstow and then drove with me there, before taxi-ing me back to Bude. This saved a considerable amount of time and effort, and contributed significantly to a relaxed evening before the hike. Mark P

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
It was our pleasure to welcome you when you stayed at Sea Jade on your Coastal Hike. We are glad you really enjoyed the breakfast and found the room to be comfortable.
We love to go the extra mile for our guests and arranging parking and transportation is all part of the service.
We hope to see you again soon.

Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for seven nights very recently, and this was the second time we've stayed here, as we loved it so much last year! We had a warm welcome right from the start and we were very well looked after all week. Everything was clean and tidy and a lot of thought given to the room layout (I'm hyper critical as I've previously worked in the hotel industry) so this is praise indeed! Saf and Ann are very knowledgeable about the town and surrounding area so we were given lots of local information which was very useful during our stay.
However, don't bet with Saf on the weather, because you will lose!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
rob064, Owner at Sea Jade Guest House, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
We were very flattered that you described Sea Jade as the best B&B you have ever stayed in. It was great to see you again and lovely that you stayed for a week.

We try and go the extra mile for our guests and are glad that you enoyed your visit.
We look forward to seeing you again when you next visit Bude.

West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed for two nights while cycling in Cornwall. My first impression was that the place was spotless, and I saw no reason to change my opinion for the whole of my stay.

The bedroom was plenty large enough to accommodate me. It did not have an en-suite as the other rooms, but had the advantage of a fully equipped large, private shower room. Four towels were provided for my personal use. The bedroom was furnished with good quality items and the bed (with three pillows) was extremely comfortable, giving me an excellent sleep on both nights, despite some traffic noise from the road outside. Although there was no sea view, the room overlooked the gold course and a distant church.

Breakfast was well prepared and contained high quality ingredients. Fruit juice, with fruit and yogurt alternatives was followed by a superb museli containing a high proportion of fruit and nuts. The main course was a "full english" without a "value" ingredient in sight. Toast and good quality marmalade finished off the meal.

Saf and Ann were very hospitable and were always available if I needed anything, which was rare as they appeared to have thought of everything. If I revisit Bude this is the place I will stay.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a view over the golf course, but are less quiet than those at the rear.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for taking to time to review Sea Jade on Tripadvisor. We have a significant number of cyclists who stay with us. Bude is on some of the preferred LEJOG (Lands End to John O'Groats) routes. We have a garage for cyclists to rest theor steeds for the evening.

We have 8 rooms at Sea Jade and only one (the one you had) does not have an en-suite. We are glad that you enjoyed the accommodation and the breakfast and hope it was good fuel for your onward journey.

We hope you will visit Bude again and hope to see you when you do.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I came to stay here while I attended a foothealth practitioners course at Stonebridge college. We had a very warm welcome and our hosts were so friendly and helpful. They were fantastic with our children too. They gave us lots of information about the area so that my husband and children could enjoy their break and they made me feel at ease about attending the college as they knew all about the clinic. Saf even made an appointment at the foot clinic for the week of my training. The room was lovely and the breakfast was fantastic. A definite home from home whether you are on holiday or a student at the local college. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review. It was our pleasure to have you stay at our B&B.
We have many guests from courses at Stonebridge college who stay with us and we both use the foot clinic ourselves.

Look forward to seeing you when you visit Bude again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Stayed at sea jade for a couple of nights when I visited Bude and it has got to be one of the best bed and breakfast that I have ever stayed in! The owners, Saf and Ann were very welcoming, and made me feel very at home during my stay there. They happen to be very knowledgeable about the local area as well so you could very well save a trip down to the local tourism office to get information about the place - just ask Saf! Room wise, i couldn't ask for more. The room I was in came with a very nice view overlooking the golf course and it was rather spacious and clean as well. I throughly enjoyed my stay and the many conversations I had with the well travelled and knowledgeable owners. Would therefore highly recommend Sea jade to anyone looking for a nice homely quality bed and breakfast to put up at while in Bude or around!

Room Tip: The room I had, Room 5, has a a beautiful view of the golf course.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
rob064, Owner at Sea Jade Guest House, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thanks very much for the lovely review, it is always nice when a guest would highly recommend Sea Jade. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again soon
We always strive to give that home from home feel and are glad that you felt very welcome. We do love Bude and spend a lot of free time exploring the area and trying out new places so can usually give an idea of places to visit and things to do based on both our personal experiences and those of our guests.
A lot of guests comment about the view over the Golf Course and we are very fortunate to have such a pleasant vista, we will try to make sure you can have a similar room on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Ann & Saf

Been to Sea Jade Guest House? Share your experiences!