“A haven in The Haven” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Bude
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Café, Bistro, Wine Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Description: Olive Tree is the perfect place to relax and enjoy Alfresco Dinning beside Bude's picturesque Canal or inside our spacious restaurant and conservatory.
Bude, United Kingdom
“A haven in The Haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The Olive Tree really does tick all the boxes, fabulous staff, probably the best location in the town and a menu which never disappoints, today is just a quick lunch visit and its the butternut squash & coconut soup; absolutely delicious, I'm a local and a regular but if you are visiting, don't pass this one by. Oh! And the best Coffee in the town - in my opinion - and I drink a lot of coffee!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Good food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stopped for lunch with family and friends, sat outside by the canal and watched the world go by! Great location and good food . Reasonably priced too

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Child size portions for adult sized prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice location went in as out for a family walk. Pleasant restaurant. Was told to sit down but not offered a high chair for our child or how to order etc. waited... And waited... Eventually asked for a high chair when my partner went up to order. Waiter came over with our drinks one being a hot coffee and placed the tray... Next to my son in the high chair. When the food came I was in shock with the size of my bowl of food! I ordered the smaller size portion which was £5.50 and it was a bowl big enough for 2 scoops of ice cream. The larger portion was closer to £11!!
The taste wasn't amazing the menu was not only small and basic but there was nothing child friendly and thankfully id taken something for my son, I don't think we'd be returning.
Shame as it has massive potential

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had lunch here today with my fiancé and seven month old son.had the ploughmans which was ok as for the apple chutney it just tasted of cumin pritty horrible.my fiancé had the smaller macaroni cheese first thing the portion size was exstreamly small wouldn't even fill my five year old up secondly it wasn't even macaroni pasta and the over all taste was not great.the staff couldn't be bothers to come over and tell us if we have to order at the bar or they come over they were more intrested in hugging and chatting to there friends or partners.i will go back again to see if it was a off day but.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Terrible service, well actually no service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were told if we took a seat inside we would have our order taken by the waitress, after more than ten minutes of being ignored by the waitress I approached her to place my order, and was curtly told, as she turned away to order at the bar. She could have been excused for not seeing us, other than there were only three tables occupied in our half of the bistro. We left. So cannot comment on the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere