“A great surf school with expert instructors” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 23 Activities in Bude
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: As Bude's original surf school, established in 1999, we have taught over 30,000 men, women & children. We're just one of a handful of Surfing Great Britain 'Centres of Excellence' and regularly coach British Team surfers. However, we specialise in beginners & improvers, focusing on superb coaching, great service and lots of fun. Our qualified coaches/lifeguards are chosen for their knowledge & passion & are all cleared & trained to work with children. All equipment is provided. You won't find a better surf school, just read our reviews!
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“A great surf school with expert instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Big Blue is simply a great surf school with instructors who are all highly knowledgeable, helpful and patient. They take you all the way from the absolute basics to more advanced skills such as catching green waves, turning and riding hard boards. All the equipment provided is of a high quality and Bude itself is a great location to learn with some great beaches and surf very close to the town. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
BigBlueSurfSchool, Front Office Manager at Big Blue Surf School, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take pride in our coaches and who we select to work for us. Training is continuous to keep up the standard of our lessons which have been designed to make sure you get the best form your lessons.

“Fantastic five lesson crash course!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Booking onto a course with Big Blue was by far the best decision I made this summer! After my holiday plans fell through I went along to try surfing on my own and absolutely loved it, my only regret is not trying it sooner.

The team make sure every lesson is fun whether you are a complete beginner or more advanced. We began the sessions with a warm up and safety brief, then divided into groups based on experience level (and / or families) to go through technique and advice before heading into the water. Throughout the session the coaches go around the group to give individual advice and pointers so you are never left on your own. On top of that the kit is top notch, with good quality wetsuits and boards.

I'd definitely recommend Big Blue to anyone and will definitely be going again. The prices are as good as you will find especially if you book a few together, which I would recommend if you want to get a good grasp of the basics. One of the best things about the whole package was that the weather didn't matter! Rain or shine, if there are waves then you can surf!

Thanks to the coaches Matt, Scotty, Jez and Rob for a fantastic few days on the waves!

Visited August 2013
Big Blue Surf S... i, Front Office Manager at Big Blue Surf School, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Wow! What fantastic feedback. It is so great to hear that the courses we have developed really do hit the mark with our guests! You seem totally hooked - and made the most from our multiple booking discount! See you again to develop your surfing skills even further.

Thanks from the whole team here at Big Blue.
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My sister and I had a fantastic time learning how to surf with Matt, Rob and Jez. We had four lessons, over four days, and enjoyed every second. The instructors were really helpful and great fun. We would recommend Big Blue Surf School to everyone.Thank you from Millie and Madi!

Visited August 2013
Thanks for giving your time to recommend us! Surf lessons and surf hire - we must have gotten you hooked on the sport we love! It is always our guests that make the lessons complete so thank you for giving us your interest and willingness to learn in our lessons.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great coaches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Awesome fun in the safe wate of Bude. Really positive coaches who take time to encourage and teach. Will be back again soon.

S

Visited August 2013
Thanks for you feedback, We look forward to having you back. Our coaches really love their jobs which is why they are so encouraging. (They do have a beach as an office)! See you again for more fun times.
London, United Kingdom
“Great surf school!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I tried in the past with another school and was still was not able to stand up despite hours I spent after the course and practicing. With Big Blue they divided the group into complete beginners and improvers which was very good because I didn't want to waste my time to learn paddle on the beach. Rob and Matt were excellent they told me exactly what I have to do and later pointed where are my mistakes. Since that lessons I am standing and riding small waves !
Now it is just mutter of practice to get to the next level

Visited August 2013
Big Blue Surf S... i, Front Office Manager at Big Blue Surf School, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for your review it is really positive feedback. We always aim to get people standing in their first lesson. It is how our lessons have been designed, with our customers in mind. We are glad that our clarity in teaching helped to get you standing and riding the waves. Be great to have you back for that next level you get to after practicing what we taught you this year.