“Who could resist!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taste of the Trossachs

Taste of the Trossachs
12 Main Street | Callander, Callander, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Fk17 8bb, Scotland
01877 330853
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Glasgow
“Who could resist!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Had a wee trip to Calandar and came accross this cafe by chance. Had the Scottish breakfast and the lorne sausage was one of the best I have ever had and my Dad was a butcher! Excellent Quality and lovely friendly service. As we were paying we noticed the chef bringing through freshly baked pies. I will remember to come back and try them! I highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Great Scottish Breakfast and friendly conversation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Come across this cafe by accident while walking in Callander. I hadn't noticed it before though I was told it had been open 3 years. Greeted by a pleasant young lass who took our order. I had the Scottish breakfast - lorne sausage, Stornoway black pudding, fried egg, beans and toast - the healthy option :). My wife had poached eggs on toast which she assures me were poached to perfection. Unlimited coffee and tea was included. The food as freshly prepared and our hosts were attentive. The owner was very friendly and I enjoyed his chat. We go fair distances for breakfasts each weekend and now this establishment has moved right in to the top of our list.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good hole some home made cooking at great prices. 2 young girls serving were lovely and polite and very helpful

Visited March 2014
Kerry, Ireland
“Back for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

My partner and I had eaten here before so when we were passing last week we made a point of stopping for lunch. We both had the steak and stornoway black pudding pie with chips, peas and gravy. The pies were homemade and really hit the spot! The staff were extremely friendly and this place is everything you would expect from a beautiful, welcoming village like Callander!
Would highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We visit Callander often we thought we would try this cafe for a change...it looked very ordinary on the inside..the staff where all very friendly and helpful..we ordered soup,sandwiches and coffee...everything was fresh and locally sourced....we have been back every time since...we try something different all the time and have never been disappointed defo recommend and not over priced.

Visited December 2013