“Excellent service and amazing ales” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scottish Real Ale Shop

Scottish Real Ale Shop
The Lade Inn | Kilmahog, Callander, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park FK17 8HD, Scotland
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 11 things to do in Callander
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique place in Callander situated in the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park selling over 130 different Scottish Beers by over 30 micro breweries from the Shetlands to the Borders. The largest selection of Scottish Real Ales under one roof.Our passion for Real Ale has long been established at the Lade Inn with our own exclusive house ales, but we wanted to take it one step further and become the central hub for all Scottish Bottled Ales. To make this dream a reality, we converted our old Microbrewery and the Scottish Real Ale Shop opened its doors for the first time in December 2006. We are a one stop shop for Scottish beer, Real Ale Festivals and brewing information; a place where you can purchase that elusive bottle from the Hebrides or that delicious blonde from Islay. We hold a Beer Festival every year and have tastings throughout the summer weekends so you can try before you buy!
Lancing, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and amazing ales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Great service and selection of ales all of which were delivered promptly and were very much appreciated by the receiver. Quality throughout.

Visited August 2011

Mold
“Real Ale Drinker's Aladins Cave !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The shop is handily placed next to the Pub where you can sample the LADE INN own brew.
I didn't know this shop existed until we arrived at the pub for lunch but what a delight ! Even my wife was impressed by the huge selection of ales and she hardly drinks.
Hadn't tried any of these ales before but bought a mixed case - so impressed I'm now a member and ordering cases for home delivery in North Wales. The Heather Ale is especially good.
These make a perfect blokey xmas pressie.

Visited March 2011
wigan
“outstanding selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

As someone who likes to try beers from as many brewers as possible the shop justified our decision to take a short break in the Trossachs to incorporate our visit .
All but one of the five rare beers I hoped to buy were available

Visited August 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great shop with a wide selection of beers at good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We call in here every time we visit relatives up north: on the way there to get beer for the visit; on the way back to get some bottle for the home "cellar". The selection boxes are also excellent value - great for a gift and delivered very quickly.

Visited September 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - a proper ale shop with a proper selection.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I am a regular customer to the Lade Inn which I stumbled accross by accident a few years ago ciming down over the hills from Aberfoyle. We decided to pop in and see what it was like. We were not dissapointed. It had REAL ales, bonus for my boyfriend and we had dinner which was amazing. The shop unfortunately was not up and runninng then, but I was assured that the lade inn ale on tap was fantastic. We have been regular visitors back on day trips and stock up the car with goodies from the shop including for christmas presents. It which means I can get a bottle of lade in for myself now, although one day I am hoping that I will actually be able to taste from the tap. It has the bigges selection of scottish ales and does not just stock the half a dozen regular brands that the big supermarkets or off licenses do. It has lovely glasses, t shirts and even now has mini kegs - a great invention.
I have recommended the shop to friends who now travel out to pick up a few bottles and sneak a pint in while they are there.

Visited September 2011