“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Strathyre Forest Lodge

Strathyre Forest Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Callander
Strathyre Forest Lodge
You added Strathyre Forest Lodge to your Saves list
Callander, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland   |
Dereham, United Kingdom
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful location for a winter break. The staff were welcoming and couldn't do enough for us and made our dog feel so special whilst on his haggis hunt, treats and biscuits every time we went to reception!

The cabins are beautifully presented, we had number 34 on the edge of the loch, they were clean, spacious and well equipped. There are only 35 which is ideal as you don't feel you are on top of anyone and are not overlooked.

The local area is beautiful with fantastic walks and drives.

We can't recommend it highly enough and will definitely be going back. Thanks to to Karen and the team!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

myself and 5 friends stayed in a cabin for 4 nights we had a fantastic time the grounds are well looked after. the staff are very helpful and friendly. we walked into callender and seen some lovely sights through the woods. definetly will be going back. ps the hot tubs are amazing (the gartnavel crew).

• Stayed November 2013
Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lodges are very spacious and well appointed throughout. We had one from the silver birch range with hot tub and pet friendly. Great views to wake up to and ideal to explore on foot or in the car to nearby attractions. The road is now fully resurfaced so no potholes.
The staff in the retreat cant be more helpfull and their fresh baked bread and pizzas are great. Cant fault it and definately will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Myself, my husband and my 2 babies are just back from a great 3 night stay at Strathyre. We stayed in a Golden Oak Cabin so I cannot comment on the less expensive cabins but ours was super. Cosy for the children and sturdy enough furniture to withstand an 18 month old! My toddler loved the hot tub and spent the majority of the stay in her swim suit and water wings. We treated ourselves to the private chef on the Saturday night and it was truly exceptional. The food was exquisite and as good as you would get in any top restaurant in Edinburgh (thanks to Sean at Jam Jars catering).

The staff at Strathyre couldn't be more helpful and despite having traveled all over the world my husband and I are returning to Strathyre with the children for a week in January. A hot tub on a frosty day is not to be missed!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My partner an I have literally today just got back from our 4 night stay at strathyre.
I just want to say the location in which the cabins are are what makes it for me, I mean personally I choose location over accommodation every time! The cabin themselves were well maintained and extremely cosy! Especially the bedroom on top floor. Everything was clean and we had a newly refurbished kitchen with all the utensils you could need.
I have to be honest I would of preferred a more secluded cabin as it was just me and my partner.

I don't wish to go on and bore people about the road conditions to the cabins but it is bad and it did make us think twice about going out to places to visit eat etc. that's all I'm commenting on the road because I was quite relaxed just staying in the cabin with the hot tub every night looking up at the thick forest and vast mountains.

I will return when I get the chance off work maybe next year because I have truly fallen in love with Scotland.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Just back from 4 nights in no28 lodge , pet friendly & hot tub! Lodge was gorgeous ,just upgraded? Staff were lovely & helpful. Hot tub was fantastic! Such a lovely location next to loch lubnaig . Road entry very potholed but was told that maintenance had been scheduled for August .kitchen in lodge was very practical & appliances ( dishwasher , oven , microwave) worked great.. Lovely ( new) leather sofas, LCD tv which u can plug a hard drive into to watch films. Solid oak dining table & chairs. Could possibly do with more electrical sockets in bedroom . & upstairs rooms were very hot. ( we didn't open the windows cos of the midges) definitely need Avons skin so soft for the midges!!!!
Will def be going back!
We went with our 12 year old daughter who had a great time too.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff were incredibly helpful and seemed genuinely interested in talking to us. The lodges are very well kept and our children loved the hot tub. You can do as much or as little as you choose.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Strathyre Forest Lodge? Share your experiences!