“What a man” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciro's Italian Restaurant

Ciro's Italian Restaurant
114 Main Street, Callander, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park FK17 8BG, Scotland
01877 331070
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Ballarat, Australia
“What a man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the B&B owner where we stayed. There were a number of other people at the restaurant when we arrived and we noticed that there was a man on his own, who turned out to be owner, taking the orders/barman & entertainer. What was so amazing was that he did all these things with speed, efficiency, fun & always with a smile & a cheeky word to say. He was brilliant & really made the night. The food itself was great. Entree we had the soup & pork ribs, both of which were absolutely amazing. Mains were a pizza & Spaghetti Bol. Both were lovely but nothing to write home about which was fine by us. Other meals we saw looked amazing & the patrons really appeared to be enjoying them. Servings were large & we did over eat. Pricing was very good & I would certainly recommend this place. Would love to go back ourselves & maybe if we return to Callander one day, we will.

Visited July 2013
cirillociro, Owner at Ciro's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hi, thank you so much for your lovely comment.
What you seen is what you get with me. It was busy and I was on my own. I always enjoyed doing this job and that is why I have my own restaurant and the hard work is part of the journey.
I would have loved exchanging more words with you but I was multi tasking and entertraining as,
Please come in next time you come to Scotland; failing that I am expecting an invitation to Australia.

83% Recommend
Garden Valley, California
“Favorite Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We came to Ciros because the owner of our B and B recommended it and we had a coupon for a bottle of wine with dinner. We ordered the Caprese salad, makerak and cod entrees. Delicious! The fish was so fresh, the tomatoes tasted home grown, and the pesto sauce perfectly balanced... Oh, and the calamari was so yummy. One of our best meals in scotland

Visited June 2013
Hi thank you so much for your lovely comments. I remember you well and glad you had a good time here in Callander and I am happy that I have been part of your fantastic experience travelling to Scotland and that you had one of your best meals during your travel.
I wish you and your wife all the best and hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Maastricht
“Italian style in Scotland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you need a warm welcome Italian style on a rainy day in Callander: go to Ciro's: we went there for only a pizza, but ended up with a 4 course meal and a wonderful feeling of being in a local dining heaven

Visited May 2013
cirillociro, Owner at Ciro's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
Glad you had a good evening despite the raining day
Bring on rainy days if customers fills the restaurant.
Only joking, let's hope we have a decent summer this year.
See you on your next trip up in Scotland.

Cheddar
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ate here at the recommendation of our B&B owner. Nice and modern interior, excellent menu, great service and the food was delicious. We were here on a Thursday night but the place soon filled up, always a good sign. £40'ish for 2, incl drinks and coffee. Highly recommended if you're a local or just visiting.

Visited June 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
I am delight that you thought is a good value for money and not a rip off.
Other people may have a different view on it and i also i need to accept that, because that is part of our world; we can never please every one.
Hopefully we will see you on your next visit to Callander.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A great meal with great friendly service - eccellentissimo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were in Callender for our wedding anniversary and enjoyed a really great meal at Ciro's. I can highly reccommend the pasta and the pizza and the perfectly chilled Moretti beer was perfect after a hot journey. The owner Ciro couldn't be more helpful and made us feel very much at ease. I only wish we had a restaurant like this in our village. The menu is extensive and the food cooked to a high standard. Excellent value for money too - we will definately be back! Thank you Ciro

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Finally got the chance to sit down and reply to you guys.
Thank you so much for your review.
Me and the team are happy that you had a great night and what i do is just to make sure that customers are satisfied and that will remmeber us in the future.
But to me, what id, is very natural and i treat customers like are my friends or family without being to intrusive..
I know who you are and i will bring a case of Moretti beer next time i am down in Gullane.
Promise !!