“It's ok but nothing special...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: New business, opened Sept 2011
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“It's ok but nothing special...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Went here during the week. I would say the best part of the whole experience was seeing the decor. It is done out very nice and they have tried very hard to give it a real Mexican theme. The service was quite good although it was quiet so staff were not exactly rushed off their feet. As for the food we had some chicken wings for starters which could have easily come from the frozen department of a nearby supermarket. They were very poor to be honest. I then had a burger for main and the wife had a wrap. You cannot fault portion sizes at this place but again when it came down quality it very much loses points. When you compare it to other similar themed restaurants ie Nandos etc this one still has a long way to go. However I have been to and had a lot worse. Not bad overall so 6/10 I would say.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Chudleigh, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We have enjoyed many meals with family and friends at this restaurant and all were generally good. So with this in mind, we booked the function room for our staff xmas party. Prior to booking we checked that the restaurant could cope with our numbers, our entertainers and that there would be adequate staffing levels to ensure that the "drinks flowed well and continuously all evening" -we were assured that this would not be a problem.

However, when I arrived (20 minutes prior to everyone else to set out place names) the function room was in darkness, no tables were out and no staff around. I went downstairs to enquire if they had forgotten us only to be told that they were busy and hadn't had time to get the room ready!

I quickly pulled tables and chairs out, laid the tables with glasses - many of which I had to clean first, laid xmas crackers etc etc. I also ran up and down the stairs getting bottles of wine, wine coolers, jugs of water etc. we ended up with one member of staff who worked tirelessly throughout the evening serving drinks and waiting at the tables, I did a lot of the clearing and general waitressing myself to help him.

The food was not of the usual standard and the portions half the usual size. Would I recommend this restaurant? For a meal with up to four others, yes, for a large group or function, definitely no, go elsewhere!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newton Abbot
“A warm welcome even if you only want coffee.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The food looked pretty good, but we had just popped in on a cold day to enjoy coffee. We were still very welcome & found a good range of ordinary & speciality coffees without all the waiting in some of the High Street coffee bars. After ordering, the coffees were brought to our table & service was with a smile. I will certainly visit again & try a meal.

Visited December 2013
Devon
“Excellent service......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just two of us for a birthday meal - The staff were extremely friendly and attentive - wine was brought to the table, yes, we did wait a little for our meals but they were obviously freshly cooked and really tasty (recommend the pulled pork fajitas). We were offered complimentary shots after our meal and have to say I really enjoyed the evening.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England, United Kingdom
“Great food, unattentive service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Really lovely food and came in interesting presentation with a cute little tub for our tortilla wraps. It's a bit of a shame the staff are hodden all the time, we had to eventually go upto the counter and get our bill where we waited about 10minutes for someone to appear.

Its a number one rule to always have a member of staff avaliable