“Nice atmosphere, great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 95 restaurants in Chippenham
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went on a Saturday night with my wife and enjoyed the night, food was great (we had eaten here before), and the service from the waitresses was excellent. Will continue to go as it has never let us down

• Visited March 2013

64% Recommend
“Can not be better than that”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited on Friday evening with my four other friends. We arrived bit late and when we left it was one hour over their opening time. All the waiter was very helpful and attentive. Our starters were very tasty and when main foods come it was simply outstanding. King prawn patia was wonderful and sweet nan with my patia was very complementary. All my friends were very pleased and they will come back again.

Visited April 2013
Melksham
“Waste of time !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A friend from work who recently purchased a takeaway meal from Ashoka mentioned it to me as I have a great love of Indian food.
After checking opening times on their website we travelled to Chippenham for a Thursday lunchtime meal.Despite the lunchtime opening times given as being noon till 2.30pm daily, we found the restaurant closed at 1.00pm. The frustration in the waste of our time was compounded by the fact that opening times on the door also stated that they should have been open at that time.
As this restaurant cannot be relied upon in the basic area of their opening times we took our custom elsewhere, namely the nearby Taj Mahal. This restaurant was open as stated and provided us with an excellent meal and good service.
We would definitely go back to the Taj Mahal next time we are in the area rather than waste our time checking to see if Ashoka had bothered to open that day !

Visited April 2013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“memorable experience in a up market curry house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Four of us planned to have a indian meal on Wednesday night, so we thought booking is not essential, but when we arrived, we been told to wait 15 minutes or Upstairs table where there will be no other people. We decided to wait 15 minutes to stay downstairs among other people. The bar waiter offered us drink and given us menu to have our selection ready. We asked him to select mild to medium dishes for us, he then suggested their mid week offer which is £17.95 for two people. So we ordered two mid-week offer for two people. all the starter and main courses were very tasty and fresh. At the end our bill came under £60.00 which was very cheap despite we all had a lot of food with 2 rounds of drink and papadam and selection of pickles. We will come back again.

• Visited April 2013
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous takeaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After one of my friend recommendation me and my girlfriend ordered a takeaway. It was in Tuesday. We have got the new menu. They added some new dishes. So I ordered vanison exotic. And my girlfriend ordered a vegetable thali. Both of the dish was very delicious. We been told delivery will be in next 45 mins but it was 10 mins earlier. It's really impressive. The delivery driver was really well dressed up as I never seen delivery man like that well dressed up before. After all it was really superb. Really worth of money. We will call their service again. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013