“Excellent B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Number 35

Number 35
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chippenham
Number 35
You added Number 35 to your Saves list
35 Marshfield Road, Chippenham SN15 1JT, England   |
Ranked #8 of 33 Chippenham B&B and Inns
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night to attend a business meeting the next day. The accomadation was excellent, very clean and comfortable and I had a great nights sleep. The rooms are very well equipt with little extras that make your stay that bit better. Breakfast was really good. I stay in hotels a lot on business and this B&B beats them hands down. The owner went out of her way advising us on where to go to eat locally and letting us stay and work the next morning. I will definately be using here as a base on a regular basis.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Having stayed at Number 35 three times, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Clean, bright and beautifully finished, it's an absolute gem of a bed and breakfast.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Number 35 is a "hidding jewel" in Chippenham!! I stayed in town for five days in Nov 2011 becasue I was attending the Santosha Studio's Yoga Teacher's Training, was so happily surprised with this well run B&B. The en-suite room was bright and spotless, comfortable, and all the facilites work very well. Breafast was excellent served and on time. The owners are delightful people and very welcoming. I am coming back in January 2012 for another week of yoga. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Hampshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My Partner and I stayed at Number 35 for one night on 17th December 2011 to attended my Partners Christmas Do.

Number 35 is Welcoming, Spotlessly Clean, Friendly and very homely. Room was beautiful, en-suite spotless and facilities in the room brilliant. Breakfast was delicious.

Will be staying again and recommend to everyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Stayed here twice now and don't have a bad word to say about the place.

The attention to detail and breakfasts are great. The B&B is really clean and quiet
and just what you want from a family run place.

Top Marks!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Over the last 2 or 3 years I have stayed at No.35 on several occasions when visiting my family, Jenny is always welcoming and makes me feel 'at home' straight away.
I have probably slept in every bedrooms and without exception the facilities and toileteries etc. are of a very high quality.
Jenny has a wealth of knowledge about the area and is willing to share it when asked.
I never think of staying anywhere else and recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
NORTH WALES
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

After reading everyone elses reviews I was rather looking forward to this one night away, the reviews made me feel that we had chosen wisely , a small cosy place rather than an impersonal motel room. The lady was genuinely lovely but the back bedroom of a semi detatched was not what I was expecting for £75.00 per night. Small, cheaply furnished, very very clean as was the ensuite even though it was only 10 tiles square! I felt claustraphobic, no small towels for my hair so I had to use my husbands bath towel, no robes, no heated towel rail, so damp towels next morning, plenty of tea and coffee though.
Breakfast was disappointing, a lack lustre dining room stuck in the eighties, cereal,yoghurts , one banana between 4 of us!, one egg, one sausage, one rasher of bacon, beans, plenty of toast luckily. Fair trade it may be but that doesn't mean it tastes good!
A little more thought and effort would have made such a difference, but i suggest that she stays elsewhere from time to time and sees what others have to offer for £75.00 per night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
jennykilverts, Owner at Number 35, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
I am very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. I wish that you had said something whilst you were here and we could maybe have made your stay better for you. I had a wonderful old teacher whose favourite saying was “My perception is my truth.” In other words if that is how you viewed us then I suspect nothing I can say will change your mind. However for the benefit of other prospective guests I feel that I would like to set the record straight.
Firstly we are a large detached Victorian villa. We have three rooms, two doubles at the back of the house which many people prefer as they are very quiet and have a view out over the garden. Our third is a large king sized room at the front of the house – the original master bedroom. All three have beautiful new en-suites which were described in our assessment as being of good size and excellent condition. The towel rails are part of the main heating system, but when that is turned off in the summer, then they are still set to come on for a couple of hours in the morning and evening. The under floor heating can be turned on at the flick of a switch. We don’t supply dressing gowns as standard but there is a notice in the rooms saying that if you want one, or extra towels or slippers then please ask. All our rooms are furnished simply in a light airy style but were definitely not cheap!
Breakfast is cooked to your choice. There are always at least 4 high quality cereals, yoghurts and a bowl of mixed fresh fruit, usually bananas, apples and oranges, with other fruits in season. Our standard Full English breakfast is two of everything but with a lighter version available of just one of everything. We also offer a range of other options including omelettes and scrambled egg with smoked salmon. There is unlimited toast, tea and filter coffee.
We are very proud of our 4 star rating and have just received a Gold award from the Green Tourism Business Scheme. Before we opened we did, and still continue to do, a fair amount of market research and we are happy that we offer a good service and value for money to our guests, many of whom continue to return regularly.

Been to Number 35? Share your experiences!