“If you are well travelled and know the taste of Asia then this place is not for you” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Rising Sun Thai & Pan-Asian

The Rising Sun Thai & Pan-Asian
123, Purewell, Christchurch BH23 1EJ, England
01202 486122
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Asian fusion
Description: winner of Best pub or wine bar and Best business lunch, the Rising Sun Thai Restaurant in Christchurch is the place to eat drink and enjoy. Come and experience the best in pan asian cuisine with drinking premium brand spirits, top wines or maybe a nice real ale.
LONDON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Although the pub/restaurant was quite nice and friendly,the food was very disappointing.
The taste was not great. It's thai food for people who haven't eaten authentic thai cuisine.
Its lacks the depth and flavour of true thai cuisine.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Bournemouth
“An amazing Thai cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant many times and I will be dining there for as long as I can.
Have tried few dishes but one is my favourite
Mr Pooms Special Noodles is to die for.
If you like your food spicy and hot go for three red peppers which indicates the level of spice! Truly delicious and filling :-)

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great thai food, friendly staff, worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have known about this place for a number of years but since I moved away from the area in 1991 and only come back to see family a couple of times a year, I just hadn't got round to it! So when friends picked us up and suggested we go there I was delighted. Food was very good, maybe not quite as chilli hot as I would like but we had the salt and chilli crab, then the beef raendang. My wife had the spicy squid and then the salt and chilli prawns. Good portion sizes, so don't order too many side dishes as you wont need them. Good wine choices - we went for the Reisling which is great with spicy food. If you are in the area on holiday and fancy something different it is worth a visit and I can imagine would be great in the summer as has a lovely outdoor area

• Visited May 2013
Christchurch, England, United Kingdom
“Used to eat here a a while ago”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Decided to have a snap Monday night out, sorted out a baby sitter and walked round to our local Thai, The restaurant was quiet, the waitress however decided to sit us between two other couples in one corner, they did let us move, but the staff need to understand how to load up a restaurant. When you want a romantic dinner you don't want others right next to you in an otherwise empty place!!!!

Notwithstanding this we opted for a set menu and a bottle of Pinot Grigio and a set menu, The food is very good and lots of if, I feel it has been turned down half a notch for a western palate. Different to my other review. Still very good and plenty of it, the restaurant is well decorated and has the right feel. suggest booking for a weekend etc. Good wine list. Excellent value for money if I was spending £50-60 a couple with wine etc then this is great.

• Visited March 2013
Dorset
“Much better than I remembered!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Not been to the Rising Sun for years as last couple of meals were not that good. Passing by so decided to give it another try for a weekday lunch. It has a 2 course menu for £9.95 which means you basically get the starter free. The interior has been nicely refurbished and the staff were prompt and friendly. The big issue before was the Thai food which did not seem authentic compared to other Thai restaurants - well I am happy to report it does now! Both the starters and mains were well presented, tasty and piping hot. So 2 people can dine for lunch with drinks for under £40 - good VFM. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013