“Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 132 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: English, French, Eclectic, British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Splinters is the ideal place for you to enjoy a first class dining experience in our private dining restaurant situated on the cobbled street leading to Christchurch's Priory.Specialising in modern international cuisine, our chefs and professional staff will certainly make your visit to us a memorable one.We will first welcome you to the bar where you can quietly peruse the excellent food and wine menus. When you are ready, you will be shown through to one of our intimate dining rooms, each with their own distinctive style, to enjoy your meal in a relaxed and unrushed atmosphere.We have worked hard to earn our reputation with our patrons who enjoy dining out on fine food. Our proximity to the Priory makes Splinters an extremely popular choice for wedding receptions. The same private rooms also make an excellent business meeting and seminar facility.Whatever the occasion, you can be assured you will receive our full and professional attention to making sure you enjoy your time with us.The owners, Paul and Agnes Putt, look forward to welcoming you to Splinters.
New Milton, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Simply the best restauranton on the south coast. Always perfect dinner or lunch. Always recommend this place no matter what. I've eaten here on an off for about 12 years I've never been disappointed . I'm a keen cook so I'm fussy. If your ever in Christchurch you have to visit. Silly not too.

Paul P, Owner at Splinters, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We're very happy you enjoyed your meal here with us yet again, and i look forward to seeing you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My partner and I were visiting Bournemouth last weekend and decided to have a meal somewhere nice which took us out to Christchurch. We decided to book at Splinters and were so glad we did. Agnes was lovely on arrival and sat us in the front for drinks and to let us look at the menu. We were brought some complimentary canapes and then taken to our table which is in a room themed on an old fashioned railway carriage with plenty of character. We were then brought another complimentary tomato soup which was delicious. My partner had the venison and I had the lamb, both of which were excellent and our desserts were equally good. Good value for money. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paul P, Owner at Splinters, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I'm so happy you enjoyed your meal here with us. I hope to welcome you back when you return to the area.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Evening delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went to splinters restaurant with some friends on a Saturday evening. What a lovey relaxing evening. After having drinks and nibbles, we ordered our food. I would have liked the Dover sole but it came whole I mentioned this to the owner who straight away said that there would be no problem they would fillet the fish for me. We where then shown to our table. The food and staff where all lovely and at the end of the evening we where given a tour of the restaurant.
I even tried to get my husband to take me back there on the Sunday!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paul P, Owner at Splinters, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Our freshly prepared food makes it easier for you to have to your liking! I look forward to having you back with us soon.
buckinghamshire
“Splinters restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had lunch here recently. My terrine starter was very good, but I was disappointed with the beef and mushroom casserole. In my opinion the meat had been cooked for too long; the sauce, rather than being thick and unctuous as I was expecting, was thin and lacking in flavour. Disappointing.

Visited April 2014
Paul P, Owner at Splinters, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I'm glad you enjoyed your starter and I can only apologize for the casserole, its very uncharacteristic of us to make a mistake like this. I can only hope to welcome you back in the near future for an improved dining experience.
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
“An unexpected lunchtime treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Knowing nothing about places to eat in Christchurch, we came across Splinters at lunchtime after visiting the nearby Priory. We liked the look of the restaurant and the menu that was presented and spontaneously decided to eat there. What an excellent decision that proved to be!
We were not disappointed by the quality of food on the fixed price and a la carte menus, and with an additional treat, being served complimentary soup and bread as starters. The time taken for our main courses to be served was indicative of the care and attention to detail in the preparation of the meal. Well worth the wait and totally delicious!
Two courses for 3 people, with a glass of wine and coffee for each of us, (served by friendly and helpful staff) for less than £60 was great value for money. We will certainly return when in Christchurch.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paul P, Owner at Splinters, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We're so glad that you enjoyed your lunch here! I hope to welcome you back soon.