“Mums 70th Family Meal” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bournemouth
“Mums 70th Family Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Came here with small group of 10 family/friends to celebrate my Mums 70th birthday just for a meal. Food was terrific as was the service. Definitely will be going again and highly recommend. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Just returned from a birthday celebration trip with 5 girlfriends. Stayed here before so knew the setup. Yes it's in a fabulous location, and staff are helpful, friendly etc etc but they are just so slow. In the managements defence once we complained to front of house things changed drastically. The problem was as the restaurant maitre d explained he had taken on young newly trained staff and they couldn't cope, but surely that was his job to lead them and not let these poor kids struggle and get it in the neck from guests whilst he loitered and watched from the sidelines!
Our 3 bedroom apartment was spotlessly clean and faultless. Could have done without the builders refurbishing the deck area at 8am though! Understand work needs to be carried out but suppose you just don't want it when you are staying there. On the flip side if it was scruffy we would be moaning about that.
We had a great time and will definitely return and once all the young staff are experienced it will be outstanding!

Room Tip: 3 bedroom apartment was great if travelling with friends.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my Partner and Mother out-law for a couple of days
Yes the sofa could do with a clean, but apart from that I could not fault any thing about this wonderful hotel
From the moment you step in nothing is to much trouble you are looked after by friendly front of house staff The hotel is stylish cleaned and bright
We had a two bed apartment ( wonderful ) with amazing view across the river Our evening meal was outstanding and so was breakfast
Go to the spa for a treatment wonderful place to relax
I can't and wouldn't be able to remember every member of staffs name but a big thank you to you all Thank you for making our stay so lovely See you all soon Meany Thanks Roy x

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights in a apartment was a good size and was nice the sofa could do with a clean . The staff were all very nice ,I had a steak in the Restaurant the 1 st night that was very good . A fab view over the river We all had a good time we will be back

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Last weekend , I celebrated my 50th birthday with 70 guests at the Captains club, I don't think I have ever completed a trip advisor review before however I feel compelled to share how brilliant the Manager and staff on the evening were with myself, my family and our guests. Nothing was too much trouble, the service coordinated by Niloo was personalised, warm and accommodating. The meal was superb, hot, fresh, beautifully presented and as a Home Economist, I have high expectations and can be a bit fussy. Every dish and portion of food was excellent, the guests couldn't believe the portion size of the brownies that were goey and delicious. We chose to stay overnight and had a fabulous cooked breakfast . All in all a really special weekend . Particular thanks to Tim, Lena, Niloo, Marchin and Sam, a night to remember. Looking for the next opportunity for a party or a celebration!

Room Tip: The rain during our stay made it very noisy but this couldn't be helped.
Warfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We, as a family of 4, have had our Easter break at this hotel for four years running and unfortunately it has gone downhill year after year. This upsets me greatly because the location is perfect, the rooms are fantastic in terms of size and facilities AND we have made some wonderful memories here with our children.
This last Easter break, I chose to leave a day earlier than planned. I couldn't stay another night. On day one, from the moment we entered our 2 bedroom suite, we were greeted by a hot and stuffy room. The hotel knew we were returning guests and I had hoped the air conditioning would have been switched on at least half an hour before check in. I proceeded to turn the air conditioning on and open the windows. Suite 201 is directly over the terrace restaurant therefore noise coming from there is loud and sometimes rude! At night it is worse but after having enough at 11.30pm, we had to call reception to ask when it will stop. Apparently, the area should have been closed off at 11pm & the staff manage to move the guests into the restaurant. I assume the hotel is aware about this issue and I had booked months before. Why couldn't they have placed us in our 'usual' suite? The hotel is also aware that we have a dog that was coming as usual and this time they did not leave any bowls or bedding for him. There was also no bedroom slippers and the complimentary biscuits were stuffed between two paper covers that were meant to sit on top of the bathroom glass cups!
The next day, we asked to be moved to our 'regular' Suite 210 and the hotel kindly obliged. The Reception staff said Suite 210 needed cleaning when the guests leave at 12. We told her we would go out and be back by 2pm at which time we can finish packing and move across. She said that that was absolutely fine! All's well until we came back at 2pm on the dot, to be told staff have packed our personal belongings and moved it across for us because the new guests need to check in! The hotel clearly states that check in cannot be guaranteed until 3pm. However they took it upon themselves to remove our belongings without our consent. This is after we told them clearly we will be back at 2pm! I took it upon myself to check Suite 201, I found 2 housekeepers and some of my belongings left behind! They finished before 2.30pm with more than half hour to spare! There was no need to remove us and touch our belongings without our consent! We had no apology from the management!
Suite 210 was not cleaned properly! Black dog hairs on the sofa and brown blankets placed on the end of the beds. The main bathroom sink was clogged. (It was clogged last year too!)
I had to leave the hotel the next day!
When I initially booked, I asked whether there would be any special deals especially since we were returning guests and I was told that the hotel has managed to keep the rates the same for many years without having to pass the increase prices of electricity, water etc. Believe me when I say, it is clear to see where they have cut costs in order to keep the rates the same. It is not the luxurious hotel it used to be 4 years ago! There used to be the little things that staff would do to make an effort and make you feel at home. That's all gone now. Pity, to have to say goodbye to a hotel we were so familiar with. But we shall never be returning!
On a final note, the hotel has no right to remove guests personal possessions without warning or consent! That was an absolutely terrible action and one that was unnecessary!

Room Tip: Never Suite 201 unless you don't mind noise
winchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed overnight in a two bedroom suite. Very spacious and well equipped, with lovely view of the river. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, and they were very child friendly. Only downside for me was the wifi speed which was slow and inconsistent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Captain's Club Hotel? Share your experiences!