“Very slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Trip Advisor - 10% off
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Christchurch
“Very slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed off at The Fisherman's Haunt to have Sunday lunch with the family. We ordered our drinks at the bar and was shown to a table, where we all chose our meal very quickly off the Sunday roast menu. When a waitress didn't come to the table, my husband went to the bar to order, he was advised to sit back down and the waitress would take our order. We waited patiently, the restaurant wasn't even that busy. The waitress finally came and took our order.

We had another round of drinks and chatted amongst ourselves, after 25 mins the waitress returned to our table to tell us one they had now ran out of mutton and did we want to make another choice!! We couldn't believe it had taken that long to discover that!
The meal arrived another 20 odd minutes later, not that we were in any rush in anyway but were very hungry. The meal itself was ok nothing special and in my opinion not worth the £12 for a Sunday lunch, very sorry!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a fabulous stay here September 2012, The staff were so friendly and helpful. If your a dog owner/lover this is the place to stay , water bowls and treats a plenty.Lovely personal touches in the excellent rooms like dairy milk chocolate bars in your towels and a cold flask of milk instead of the usual cartons.The toiletries are too die for :)). We based ourselves here to explore the New forest , it was a perfect 5 minute drive into the forest, close to Ringwood and Bournemouth. I cant find one fault about this perfect english pub/hotel, we will certainly be back :))

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Nottingham Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

A first stay at this hotel. Staff were informative and friendly when booking over the telephone.
On arrival we were greeted and taken individually to our rooms and shown where everything was. Also given information about the bar and meal times and a table was booked.
Rooms very pleasant, lots of nice little extra touches: chocolate, fresh milk( excellent idea) lots of beverages and superb toiletries.
Great service at meal times , breakfast - huge.
We are going back again next month, staff a delight nothing too much trouble.
The only downside were lots of little midges- it was very hot.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this Fullers Inn over August bank holiday weekend. We had a lovely large room and very well equipped bathroom and the toiletries provided were gorgeous! Breakfast was very good and even included local kippers, which were simply delicious. We ate two evening meals in the restaurant and both of these were very good too.

We were lucky enough to be there on a Friday night so joined in the weekly music quiz with some other guests. We didn't win but we weren't placed last either and it was a great way to spend an evening. Everyone at the Fisherman's Haunt was very friendly, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful and give us local information to enjoy our stay.

The hotel is really well placed for either going into the New Forest or down to Poole and Swanage and the room rates were much more affordable than similar places in the heart of the forest. We would definitely choose to stay there again.

The only minor criticism was that the duvet was a bit too warm for the time of year. Apart from that, it was perfect in every way. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here on business for one night on the 19th Sept 2012. The staff were excellent and very friendly. I stayed in room 8, which has a very comfortable bed and was spotlessly clean.

The bar area was nice and welcoming, with a good selection of food & drink. The only down side I thought was the food prices, which I thought were a little high and also the food quality, which in my opinion did not match the price you have to pay.
This one downside for me stopped me giving the hotel a excellent rating.
Breakfast was fine and yes I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brighton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I visited the restaurant with my Girlfriend and her Grandparents this weekend just gone. We were shown to our toable and ordered our food. The drinks took 15 minutes to arrive.

We had a lot of trouble with our food, as we ordered at 12:55pm, and it had now turned 1:30pm. I spoke to the gentleman serving, who told me the speed of service depends on what was being ordered. Having worked in Restaurants for over 3 years, specialising in Carveries and pub lunches, I know how it actually works. the waiter told me that as roast dinners can be knocked up in 5 minutes, they will skip tickets to lighten the load! This was evident as the table next to us sat down after we had ordered, and had already finished their meals before ours got there. His story would have been a bit more believable if it werent for the fact that another table of about 8 people behind us ordered at the same time as us, and received their meals about 20 minutes before, and they all had burgers and fish.

I was hoping that due to the long wait, the food would be amazing, so imagine how we felt when it wasn't. I had the scampi and chips and although the scampi was very nice, the chips had evidently been cooked in overused oil and were brown. The salad had obviously been placed on the plate long before everything else, as it was flat and lifeless, not to mention warm.

On the plus side, we were offered a 20% discount, but if it wasn't for the fact that I was on a tight schedule and needed to eat, I would have sent the food back. I didnt really fancy waiting another 55 minutes for it to arrive.

Needless to say, I will probably not visit this establishment again. The excuse by the waiter was one of the worst I have ever heard.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We wanted a place to stay, close to Bournmouth but also handy for Mudeford (Christchurch) where we were visiting friends. The Fishermans Haunt was ideal for both. We had one of the cheaper rooms but it was still very nice, decent size, good bed, lovely toiletries, bottled water every day and milk for tea/cofee in a flask to keep cool. There was also a selection of biscuits, herbal teas and a bar of chocolate. There was a fan in the room which we used at night as it was quite warm. We only had breakfast which was very nice with a good choice. The staff were exceptionally helpful (with directions etc) and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fisherman's Haunt Hotel? Share your experiences!