“Not happy” 1 of 5 stars

01425 672404
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Conqueror Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 130 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Conqueror Inn, Eastclose Hotels principal restaurant serves traditional British and European cuisine. Blending Georgian opulence with a cool, contemporary twist. Not simply a comfortable, welcoming place to stay, we are a destination for discerning diners and a unique venue for weddings and special celebrations. Set in 18 acres of beautiful parkland, this boutique hotel has long provided a place of relaxation and inspiration for guests. In fact one of them, author Lewis Carroll, is rumoured to have created his tales of a certain young Alice after hearing of her adventures in the enchanting walled garden, croquet lawn and under the giant beech tree.
Christchurch
“Not happy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

I phoned to book a table for 5 of us the women I spoke to was polite on the phone when we arrived We sat down in the bar before going to our table we waited about 20 minuets for our drinks ( it wasn't busy ) we then went to our table which hadn't been set up for 5 so waiting yet again not a good start we were given our menus which just to point out were herendously DIRTY so far not a good experience! We once again waited for about 15 minuets before someone came and took our order we ordered our starters 3 chicken wings and 1 tempura veg the chicken wings were small I think 5 bits from what I can remember and the tempura veg was just a oily battered bit of veg and defiantly wasn't tempura batter eaither now let's get to the main corse (ha) what a joke ordered the spatchcock chicken 10minuets after we order we were told they didn't have any strange! So I had a 16oz T-bone steak cooked rare! It came out more medium so I sent it back then it came out still alive Hadley cooked at this point I said bye to the conqueror and will not be coming back nor recommending to any friends or family !!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Great evening out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

We ate at The Conqueror Inn last night, the food was fantastic, the service was perfect and I can't recommend it enough. Great to have young and helpful, friendly staff. A very comfortable and relaxed environment. Thank you!

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastclose_2013, Owner at The Conqueror Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to review our restaurant, we look forward to seeing you again.
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Consistently Good Food and Super Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

I, with others have lunch at the Conqueror/ East Close Hotel every Month. The Menu choices, including Vegetarian options are consistently of a very high standard; the Cooking exemplary. Value for money and Country House ambiance, a delight. The Standard is consistent, which exactly what diners want. Well done Simon and the crew.

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your lovely review.
“Appalling customer service!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2014 via mobile

Recently had our friends christmas get together. Before we visited a friend organised it all. Sent emails. Requesting whether we would need to pre order food as there was 12 adults 6 children. We were told the menu is the same as in the week and we would not need to pre order.

From the minute we were showed to our tables it's was chaos. The young chap obviously had no experience with large groups. He firstly tried taking our orders whilst we were stood up waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. Secondly wrongly informed us of the Childs menu, apparently 1,2 or 3 course are all priced at £12.50. No matter how many courses you ordered they would be at that price. That makes no sense.
I have no complaints about the food it was very nice.
I just did not appreciate the young boy who needs training in customer service as you don't ever speak to a manager about the situation in full view of the customers. He then continued to bad mouth us. As I was leaving the restaurant majority of the group were in front of me and he loudly said "thank god, that mad bunch have left. It was appalling behaviour.
I often visit the restaurant for family occasion, but from this bad experience I will not ever return and pre warn everyone I know of this. It was quite frankly unprofessional and spoilt our meal.

I think the manger should of noticed he was not handling the situation very well and took over. It was shambles.

First and foremost may I say how sorry we are to have received your review. I am sure you can appreciate from our other reviews that this is not typical of our usual high standard of customer service and care. How and why this has happened will be investigated and I can assure you that we will take steps to ensure this does not recur. Please do not hesitate to speak with Simon our General Manager if you wish to discuss the matter further.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

Eaten here a few times, as a couple and with friends. Great food and lovely atmosphere, nicely decorated and staff always attentive and friendly. Would definitely recommend and will come back often!

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastclose_2013, Owner at The Conqueror Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back.