“Fabulous lunch celebrating with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 132 Restaurants in Christchurch
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Bistro
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Fabulous lunch celebrating with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were lucky to be invited to wonderful lunch time meal here celebrating a good friends 60th birthday.
The food and service were superb and the cheese soufflé starter was quite simply the best I have ever had.
A fabulous meal in lovely surroundings.

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for writing such a fabulous review it is great to hear how you enjoyed your meal with us especially Alex's signature dish the cheese soufflé. We hope to welcome you back to the restaurant again soon.

“Expensive Seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The restaurant is attached to Christchurch Harbour Hotel; it has panoramic sea views and outside seating. The restaurant specialise in fresh,local seafood, but prices are hefty and portions small. Many of the customers are from London, which probably accounts for the high prices!

Visited July 2014
AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. We do offer a large variety of local fish and shellfish on our menu and price is dictated by the daily market. We do offer a fixed price menu as well as a la carte menus, to cater for all tastes and budgets on the day. With Alex having had restaurants in the Area for just over 30 years I believe we are very much a neighbourhood restaurant as well as being fortunate enough to attract guests from further afield also.
“Great food and drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Empty plates all round. Loved it my 17 year old daughter tried different things. My fish dish was delicious, loved the vegetables and salad with rhubarb. My husband's cheeseboard was fab too! The selection of crackers was amazing. I want that next time along with the 3 different wines to compliment the cheese. Saying that my souffle was scrummy. Hard decision next visit. Thanks 'Jetty' for a memorable anniversary evening.

Visited June 2014
AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
It is great to hear you had such a memorable anniversary meal and the whole family enjoyed your dining experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the restaurant and serving the cheeses with a flight of wines.
Guildford
“All round 5 star experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten quite a few times at the jetty now and I have to say the staff, food and atmosphere is always exceptional. I don't live in the area but when I visit and dine out the jetty would be at the top of my list to eat. The staff are fantastic, particularly Charlie and the food is outstanding and great value for money. Everything is always maintained at a very high standard. We recently had a special birthday for my dad at the jetty with 30 plus guests and they couldn't of done it better. Thank you to all the team at the jetty. 5 star!!

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, I have passed on your kind words to the staff which motivates the whole team to do what they do. We love to hear how people have enjoyed there time with us, both new and old friends of the restaurant especially on such special occasions.
S.Wales
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We had a truly memorable evening here. Excellent food, good service and great wine, all in beautiful surroundings. As it got dark we watched dozens of swans glide around outside on the incoming tide. A perfect end to a lovely evening.
I'm going back as soon as I can & would recommend you go too.

AJAitken, General Manager at The Jetty, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for such a fantastic review. It is great to hear you enjoyed a superb meal especially with the back drop of all the swans we have at this time of year. We look forward to seeing you in the restaurant again soon