Having stayed at this hotel before we knew what to expect, but regardless had a very good stay.
We had a 1 night champagne break with breakfast. Check in was prompt and very friendly, and the room was lovely. Very clean and with harbour views - although you could hear a lot of corridor noise from outside. The rooms are very hot however and with only patio doors (no windows) it was difficult to get a balance of fresh air and warm temperatures in the rainy UK weather!
Staff were attentive to our requests for gowns as there were none in the room and the fact that the iPod dock wasn't working.
The spa comprises a pool, sauna, jacuzzi with jet, salt room and steam room. It was very busy when we went, and there were lots of used towels and dressing gowns left around which could've been tidied away - but I guess that's what comes of a busy day in a spa! Free refreshments are also provided. On a quiet weekend I think it would be lovely and relaxing, but with families and children playing in the pool it was less like a spa and more like a leisure centre.
The hotel is currently updating the restaurant, so there was some chaos over breakfast as there isn't enough space in the room they're trying to serve everyone in. The buffet was neglected somewhat, however the hot food was well presented and still good. Service seemed a little chaotic as a result of this and perhaps wasn't as attentive as I would expect.
I would always recommend this hotel to others for romantic, family, hen do's or corporate breaks as the location and standard of accommodation is great for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Spa Hotel in Christchurch, Dorset. Waking up to incredible views over to the harbour, enjoying a bracing walk across to Hengistbury Head, or hiding away with a holistic treatment at the luxurious Harbour Spa - this is all possible at Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa. Make the most of this unique location whatever the season – a change of scenery, warm and attentive hospitality, delicious food, which reflects the very best local produce, and a chance to breathe in the fresh sea air. The Harbour Restaurant serves exceptional flavours from the landscape and waters of Dorset and a few steps across the lawn, literally perched on the water’s edge, is our award-winning restaurant The Jetty. From foraging in the New Forest, to the best local catch, expect wonderful seasonal ingredients and flavours. And as Dorset wedding venues go, the Christchurch Harbour is a home-from-home on your wedding day, in absolute luxury and in extra special surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel And Spa
- The Christchurch Harbour Hotel Christchurch
- Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa Dorset