“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Rock B&B

You added The Rock B&B to your Saves list
The Rock B&B
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Hillersland | The Forest of Dean, Coleford GL16 7NY, England   |
Special Offer
3nts B&B for 2 from £165
Ranked #1 of 10 Coleford B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been staying at the Rock for several years when I've been working in the area, which was every 5 weeks. I've always found Chris and Lindy very welcoming, and easy to get along with. They supply a superb breakfast in the morning, and it's local produce as well. Chris will happily advise you on local attractions and walks that will keep you amused during the day.
Interested in Astronomy? Have a word with Chris, and with luck on a clear night a telescope will appear, and you'll be shown a few of the more familiar sights in the universe.
All in all a wonderful place to stay, even though I no longer work in that area, my wife and my self still visit, and will continue to. Wonderful place. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I selected this b&b for it's top reviews and trip advisor award for excellence. Christ and Lyndy couldn't have been more welcoming or accommodating. I hired a studio to accommodate my two young children and I and my parents had a separate studio with stunning views. Both were very comfortable and perfect for us all. The breakfasts were delicious and portions were generous! Christ was particularly helpful with advice for beautiful walks from the door step, in particular the walk to Symmonds Yat rock - breathtaking!

We couldn't fault The Rock and would highly recommend it to families, couples and singles looking for a b&b that ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: Booking a studio room/s offers flexibility for family bookings and rooms are quite with the end stud...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We spent five nights at The Rock and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Both accommodation and food was excellent. The owners were friendly and always able to advise us on the locality, walks and venues. Ample car parking.

Our room was spacious and well furnished and the bed linen was pure cotton which, for me, was a bonus!

We shall definitely return for another holiday at The Rock and have already recommended it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Forest views and long distance views across the most beautiful landscape/hills from rooms. Also an a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had the absolute pleasure of staying here for an entire month. I was treated just like one of the family, I felt so at home. Chris and Lindy were the perfect hosts, food was exactly to my liking and I could never tire of 'that' amazing view. I will definitely return, if they will have me again!
Stanley J.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in June as we were attending a Wedding at Clearwell Castle and so pleased we stayed at "The Rock". Our room was lovely with beautiful views and Chris made the most wonderful breakfast. The Information pack in the room was really helpful with places to eat - we would never have found the local pubs otherwise!
The only disappointing thing was the weather! Gales ripped through Wales when we were there and we couldn't sit on the rocking chair on the balcony and enjoy the view, which I was looking forward to. Unfortunately it didn't stop raining for the 4 days we were there. We would love to stay again and would certainly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My mum and I have just got back from a great time at Symonds Yat. We stayed at The Rock B&B for just one night. And were made to feel very welcome. We were meet at the car and taken to our room, we had the twin room with a forest view. The room was very pretty and spotlessly clean with views directly into the forest. We made a cup of tea and went to sit in the gardens to take in the stunning views before taking a stroll to the peregrine viewing point at the rock. The viewing point in only a short walk from the B&B and is seasonly manned by RSPB so you can get a little lesson on these wonderful birds. After a bite to eat at the pub we headed back to the B&B. The beds were very comfortable and we both had a great nights sleep. In the morning we were greeted by Lindy as we went down for breakfast and she suggested other ideas for a day out. Breakfast was delicious and was made using local ingredients. Overall we had a brilliant time and would highly recommend it, friendly people, clean rooms and lovely breakfast. Thank you, we will be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at the Rock B & B for 2 nights in June and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.The studio accommodation was just right and had direct access to the garden, the dogs Oscar & Arthur, and the views. Chris recommended a couple of walks, including the one to Symonds Yat mentioned by an earlier reviewer - great easy walk with lovely views. Lovely breakfast - unable to fault the whole stay

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Rock B&B? Share your experiences!