“Disasterous” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire.
“Disasterous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We only went here because a friend asked us to pick up some promised vouchers which they had not been given after a Christmas meal.
We found a table quite easily.
I went to the bar to order a couple of drinks.
They only had 1 ale on.. When the young lady was pouring it, it looked flat and lifeless. I said “That looks off”. She said it was because the pump had been turned off. I took it back to the table and chose my meal.
I took one drink of it and returned straight back to the bar and told the barman to throw it away. I just had water. He sniffed it and gave me a dirty look.
I ordered a full breakfast.
When to food did arrive, I tried to cut my sausage and had to almost saw through it, the bacon was so salty, I had to drink the pint of water to quench my thirst. The butter obviously had only just come out of the freezer as it was rock solid.
The place had a plaque on the wall, stating that it had no complaints in 2012. This was not true, as we had eaten there in February with some friends and we all complained about the meals. We were offered a free sweet each to make up. We accepted, but they still haven’t taken any notice.
We shall not be eating here again unless notice is taken and is acted upon.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kidderminster, England, United Kingdom
“lovely and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

always lovely food and good service been as just a couple and our keysi (martial arts group) go often and we are a big party and still get us all fed at same time, only disappointments is sunday roast had no taste but lots of other things to choose from and very helpful if you have children getting extra plates cutlery etc

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom
“Fish Bones”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Visiting the area and decided to try the Copcut Elm. I wish I hadn't. Starter was barely passable. I had the the Fish as a main meal and after finding my 8th large bone I decided to give up. When I complained, despite having the evidence on the plate, I was informed that it states on the menu that it may contain bones and that they hadn't had any complaints from anyone else. Needless to say I won't be back!!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“lovely pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

copcut elm is great if you want a cheap quick meal, its no frills but the portions are good and so is the food haven't had a bad meal yet and often eat here.

Visited September 2012
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Decent food and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Yes, its not the Ritz but I have been here many times with various family members and 9 times out of 10 the food is of good quality, the service is pleasant and it's good value. Sunday lunch is not the greatest but a lot of their other dishes are quite good. It can be noisy as it caters for families, so if you're looking for somewhere to have a quiet, romantic meal, this isnt the place ! Don't listen to the bad reviews though. I'm quite discerning but find this place perfectly ok to have a reasonably priced, generally well cooked meal.

• Visited October 2012