“Watch this space!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Droitwich
sherfield
“Watch this space!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Attended a training event this week and would highly recommend. Newly refurbished conference rooms, amazing service and excellent standard of catering. Nice to see "creative thinking" rather than the usual "corporate" offering. The lunch included individual baskets of fish and chips, sliders, sandwiches, salad,dips and lovely deserts/cakes. Plentiful refreshments throughout the day too.
Under recent new management and undergoing a refurbishment - I would highly recommend as an up and coming place with individual style and first class staff and service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
standrewsdroitwich, Manager at St Andrews Town Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind review Sue. We’re glad you had such a good stay with us, and enjoyed the food and service so much. We’re very proud of our chefs, and glad their creativity is appreciated. Also glad you like what we’re doing with the refurbishment. Hope we see you again soon.

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Droitwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We went there for dinner last night and it was fabulous! The atmosphere was warm and friendly, the food was really great, but the best thing about the evening was our waitress. I'm afraid I don't know her name, but she was really fantastic, served us beautifully and with good humour. All in all it was a lovely evening and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked for a party of 18 for an evening Christmas meal. We were seated in a private dining room and the service was very attentive. We had a 3-course meal plus coffee and mince pies for £20 which I thought was very good value. My roast beef was some of the best I've tasted and as mentioned in an earlier review, the Yorkshire puds could win prizes!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We had our wedding reception at St Andrews and had the most fantastic time. Alex was our wedding co-ordinator and she did a fantastic job. All of the staff were very professional and honestly gave the impression that they couldn't do enough to help us and all of our guests. The cherry on the cake was the very high standard of the food. All of my family commented on how nice the staff were and how beautiful the hotel was.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Booked a family meal and rooms here.
arrived at 1pm with the restaurant booked for 2pm.
upon arrival was told I could not get into my room until 2pm.
after informing receptionist that i needed to get changed for the meal by 2pm, I was pointed to the toilets, as were many of the my party. Ended up getting changed in the car.
Rooms rather sparse but food decent and the rest of the service i received i couldn’t fault.
I’m going to get my bill in a minute so may add to this.
Clements is gay

Room Tip: dont choose one next to your brother
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

My daughter & I stayed here for one night and couldn't believe our room when we walked in. The carpet under the window was completely threadbare with splodges of white paint on the carpet too! It was cold in the room so we tried to put the radiator on, but nothing happened so we were cold when we went to bed. The shower was one of the worst I've ever had in a hotel, it kept going hot and cold through out and the head was that low we had to stoop to get under it! Now I'm about 5 7 so anyone taller would really have struggled. It was clean enough but just needed a bit of money spending on it to get it upto scratch!

• Stayed August 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Arrived and was greeted by a very friendly lady at the check desk.
Easy check in was nice for a change.

Arrived at the room, and although not the worst i have stayed in, it was very tired, and a long way from the check in desk.

Arriving back at the hotel after a meeting, i took a call and needed to return to Cambridgeshire.

I was still charged FULL price although this was only 4pm and the hotel was VERY quiet.

£60 for a shower is extortion at best, and for this reason, i would never return here and certainly would not recommend it to anyone.

I didn't expect it for free, but some discount seeing as i did not stay for breakfast or even sleep in the room would have been good customer service.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to St Andrews Town Hotel? Share your experiences!