“Droitwich Lido- a real gem.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Attractions in Droitwich
Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
“Droitwich Lido- a real gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have had a wonderful afternoon at Droitwich Lido. Myself, my husband , our two sons and grandson, aged 9, 17, and 8 respectively had never been before but our daughter (20) had and said we would love it. She was right. The pool is huge, salt water, which didn't sting my eyes like chlorine does. It was clean, clear and lovely to swim in. Of course it is open air so you feel like you are on holiday, especially if the sun is shining! You can sit in deck chairs around the side and take a picnic. There is an area for younger children too, with water spouts and blasters. There's a nice cafe too, and great shower and changing facilities. We had such a great time- I just wish it was nearer to us- I'd go everyday for a swim. A family ticket for 4 is £12.00 and we added an extra Junior for £3.00. It is a truly great, healthy day out!

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“lovely early morning swim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I went for my morning swim at the lido, the water was lovely and clean, a little chilly when I first got in but it was only 7am so that was too be expected! The staff were polite and friendly and the lifeguard was observant.In the two hours I was there the life guard changed several times, presumably so they stay alert rather than losing concentration.
The changing rooms were clean and the showers were lovely and warm. There were plenty of good sized lockers and good hairdrying facilities with mirrors so I could leave looking presentable.
The board with the temperature of the water was a nice touch, it was clearly heated.
I appreciated the surroundings, it's set in a lovely park and has a lot of flowers around. The picnic tables were comfortable.

UK
45 attraction reviews
“Quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Lido feels quaint and old-fashioned, in a good way. We visited on a very hot day and it was very busy (some queuing was necessary). Everyone seemed to be having a good time, especially the kids. The changing and toilet facilities were adequate and the café seemed well stocked.

Visited July 2013
Birmingham
44 attraction reviews
“Every town should have a Lido”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

There are few lidos let these days and what a shame that is. This one has been renovated over recent years but retains its old world charms being set in lovely gardens. The pool is also now heated. Clearly popular with mums and children ( mid week in the school holidays it was no overly crowded. There is a small shop and cafe selling drinks ice creams and bacon buttes.
How sad that many towns have closed their lidos depriving residents of this excellent facility - well done Droitwich for bucking the trend.

Droitwich, United Kingdom
“fab day out with grand kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

spent yesterday with my grand kids at this fab pool kids all had fun ages 4, 12 ,15 , so good for all loads for them to do and I had a swim to not to expensive will definitely be going back